PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations to the Rays

It was sad to see the Sox go down but the better team did win. I hate to see and say it but congrats to the Rays. We were just not on our game the whole time.

The Rays won and are to be congratulated. Injuries hurt the Sox but that's the nature of the game. I do think there is cause to wonder about the health of Ortiz. Possibly he's hurt but he doesn't seem able to catch up with a good fastball. Ellsbury, will he ever be a major league hitter? Can Delcarmen learn to throw strikes? The automatic outs in the 7, 8, 9 position in the batting order are cause for alarm. You can't have a successful playoff tyeam with 3 black holes in the batting order. Is Jason Veritek done as a starting catcher? He can't hit or throw anybody out. What good is a catcher who can't hit or throw? The Sox missed Mike Lowell's bat. Is his injury a chronic problem and can he return to the clutch hitter/fielder he was last year?

He seemed to do pretty well in the ALDS. . . .

It was sad to see the Sox go down but the better team did win. I hate to see and say it but congrats to the Rays. We were just not on our game the whole time.

Amen, Patzchick. We'll be back with a 'tude in '09.

How's that going to happen when Tampa sweeps them?

Where is that going to happen on some alternative history Earth? I love it when big mouths are proved wrong.

Don't worry. Sox fans will not have to worry about the Rays for very long. After the World Series, win or lose, Upton, Longoria, and co. are all going to turn around to the organization and say "look what I did for you. What are you going to do for me?" And you know what the answer will be? "Trade you". The stars on that team are going to ask for more money and take a wild guess on who will be there to scoop them up...

Where is that going to happen on some alternative history Earth? I love it when big mouths are proved wrong.

Kind of like your predictions about the Bills, huh? :singing:

Kind of like your predictions about the Bills, huh? :singing:

Season is still young and the Bills have yet to play and beat a team with a winning record, look at the Cardinals.

I have a lot of faith in the Bills ablility to lose.

When did I become a big mouth? The Rays barely lost game one using thier worst starter. The Phils have 45 year old Moyer starting game 3 against Garza.
Do the Phils look that good to you?

When did I become a big mouth? The Rays barely lost game one using thier worst starter. The Phils have 45 year old Moyer starting game 3 against Garza.
Do the Phils look that good to you?

You claimed the Rays were going to sweep and attacked my post, you were wrong and that makes you a big mouth.

You claimed the Rays were going to sweep and attacked my post, you were wrong and that makes you a big mouth.

In your original post, your whole premise was comparing Sox fans to Ray fans. Gee, kind of like comparing George Washington to George Bush. What did you expect from an expansion franchise who never came close to winning. Last year they won 66 games and finished 30 games out. I don't know if they will stay in St. Pete, but don't compare the fans to an organization in which has been around since the early 1900's.
As far as beating the Phils, the Rays pitched their weakest starter and barely got beat. So, they will win in five.

"As far as beating the Phils, the Rays pitched their weakest starter and barely got beat. So, they will win in five."

And long suffering Doofin Ray fans across the country will rejoice, dancing in the streets of Tampa, that victory parade is going to be awesome, might fly down there myself just to see it.

Those loyal fans of Tampa really do deserve a champion, especially the way they've stuck with the Doofin Rays through thick and thin, yes sir, what a loyal, non bandwagon group they are.

"As far as beating the Phils, the Rays pitched their weakest starter and barely got beat. So, they will win in five."

And long suffering Doofin Ray fans across the country will rejoice, dancing in the streets of Tampa, that victory parade is going to be awesome, might fly down there myself just to see it.

Those loyal fans of Tampa really do deserve a champion, especially the way they've stuck with the Doofin Rays through thick and thin, yes sir, what a loyal, non bandwagon group they are.
lmao. like i said f-ck the rays and there pathetic fan base.

In pure coincidence, I'll be down there for probably their last game to win their first World Championship and I'll drink a beer or two in their honer. Give me a freakin' break, its not like the vast majority of Celtic fans here went to the Garden over the last few years, but make no mistake about it, they certainly were there to celebrate. Now, how long have the Rays been in around, and when was the last time they had close to a winning season? Not saying they will stay there, just saying I'll be cheering them on and having beers with those 'bandwagoners'.

"In pure coincidence, I'll be down there for probably their last game to win their first World Championship and I'll drink a beer or two in their honer. Give me a freakin' break, its not like the vast majority of Celtic fans here went to the Garden over the last few years, but make no mistake about it, they certainly were there to celebrate. Now, how long have the Rays been in around, and when was the last time they had close to a winning season? Not saying they will stay there, just saying I'll be cheering them on and having beers with those 'bandwagoners'."

Good for you and the Doofin Ray fans you'll be partying with. Try to get us some shots of the 1/10th of mile parade route that snakes its way through downtown Tampa while you're at it, ok?

Imagine how many trailer homes will get broken into while millions of Doofin Ray fans are at the victory parade.

Priceless.

They deserve an effin championship about as much as the Marlins did (and twice I might add).

The Phillies are pathetic; 1-28 with runners in scoring position?

What a joke of a team they are; just goes to show you how piss poor the NL is; the Red Sox, Angels and Doofin Rays are all better teams than the Phillies.

Their fanbase is annoying? Why, because they didn't lay down and kiss our butts? Come on BM, given the way Sox fans as a whole have given them zero respect, how do you expect them to act towards us? They outplayed us, they beat us; hats off to them. I swear, some Sox fans act exactly the same way as what we despised for so long: Yankee fans.

You have no idea what Florid pro-sports "fans" are like. Seriously, they coined the word front runner.

You have no idea what Florid pro-sports "fans" are like. Seriously, they coined the word front runner.

"Florida pro-sports fans"? Well, those "pro-sports fans during the 60's........oh wait, during the 70's..........I mean during the 80's.......er, during the 90's, nevermind. What Florida Pro-sports fans would you be talking about besides the Miami Dolphin fans or Tampa Bay Bucs? Since the rest have been the last expansion teams in each of the sports leagues.

In your original post, your whole premise was comparing Sox fans to Ray fans. Gee, kind of like comparing George Washington to George Bush. What did you expect from an expansion franchise who never came close to winning. Last year they won 66 games and finished 30 games out. I don't know if they will stay in St. Pete, but don't compare the fans to an organization in which has been around since the early 1900's.
As far as beating the Phils, the Rays pitched their weakest starter and barely got beat. So, they will win in five.

Phillies are up 2-1, looks like the end is coming for the Devil Rays.

"Phillies are up 2-1, looks like the end is coming for the Devil Rays."

From your lips to God's ears; sorry, the Doofin Rays have had a horseshoe up their azzes all year long, they'll find some chickensh!t way to win the series, probably a home run in the bottom of the ninth in game seven that would have been the final out which bounces off the catwalk....................

Given the fact the Red Sox have been highly competitive for 40 years and have existed for a century, it's like comparing apple and oranges trying to compare the Sox and Rays fanbases; it's meaningless. Personally, I don't like throwing the whole history rationale at them because to me it makes us sound too eerily similar to Yankee fans. But the fact that they voiced their displeasure with a bad team and bad owner by staying away in Tampa makes them no different than the pre-Kraft era Patriots fans or the Celtic fans from two years ago, or 98% of any other fans anywhere. While you call that being a frontrunner, some would say that's telling ownership they need to improve. In my opinion if the Sox had ten straight years like Tampa had, Fenway would have been just as empty.

To me a better example of a frontrunner is a fan that turns their back quickly - whether it be a Marlins fan a year after a World Series win, or a Pats fan that abandoned ship in week one. I'm willing to give Rays fans the benefit of the doubt, not lump them in with Miami fans, and wait and see how their attendance is next year. But if they still don't draw next year, then I will agree that area does not support baseball and MLB should look to move the team or contract. Until then, I'll withhold judgement.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back