PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many people here are nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP asked if we're nervous, so my reply is on the money

You get nervous for your kids regarding the Pats?

if so, why on earth?

You wrote:
"How does one get nervous for something they're not participating in?"

If you really don't understand, then...bless your heart. Have a great day.

I had a loose BM this morning but I'm not sure if it's because I'm nervous for the game or because of the enchiladas I ate last night.
Damn, I was at Sunset Cantina and totally forgot to get enchiladas. So good.

I can't do anything to alter the outcome of the game. I'm excited to see our boys go out there and give it their all.

Tell that to the Patriots shirt a co-worker got for me at a thrift store for $3 the week of the 49ers game, 8-0 when I wear it under my Brady jersey on gameday, lol...

Tell that to the Patriots shirt a co-worker got for me at a thrift store for $3 the week of the 49ers game, 8-0 when I wear it under my Brady jersey on gameday, lol...
Well based on a random sampling and the fact they have a 73% chance to win, them going 8-0 comes in around 8% of the time. Not a statistical anomaly...but feel free to wear it Sunday. :D

You wrote:
"How does one get nervous for something they're not participating in?"

If you really don't understand, then...bless your heart. Have a great day.

God bless you as well

It's probably because I know if we don't win, it won't affect my life. There is no price for me to pay

On the flip side is the fact I see how fortunate Patriots fans have been and I'm extremely grateful for what I've witnessed

I want the Pats to win as much as any fan. But on the scale of life, it's not a big deal

Last edited:
Of course, I'm nervous. Anything can go wrong, but I like our chances.

I'm nervous because if they don't play a mistake-free game (as in: ZERO negative plays), then the Pats will indeed lose.

I'm nervous because if they don't play a mistake-free game (as in: ZERO negative plays), then the Pats will indeed lose.

Sarcasm?

No team will play a perfect game Sunday. Pitt has more flaws than anyone left and showed as much all year.

Is that even possible in any game? (ZERO negative plays)

I am nervous before every game. The playoffs raise the stakes and the nerves go with them. But, the truth is the more nervous you are about the game, the better the feeling if they do win and the less the downfall if they lose.

I've been to AFC championships that resulted in wins and loses..the Ravens win was a nerve racking mess of a game and the feeling was uplifting....when they beat the colts....it was more meh......when they lost to the ravens in the divisional round.....it wasn't as terrible as other games I've watched....like the Jets loss in the playoffs...that was terrible, because I expected them to win.

not at the moment but i think i will be sunday night quite nervous :)

time is brutal for us in Europe but how can i miss this game also if it is playied in the european dark night ?
;)

Last edited:
I've never not been always nervous about not winning playoff games.

What, that is a double negative, so you are nervous?

I think the Pats are going to kick the **** out of the steelers

I had a whole week to choose between 2 lucky underwear but procrastinated. Now I don't remember which underwear guarantees us 20 points or 30 points. If I choose the wrong one, Pitt might win 21-20.

Well if the Pats get to 20 and seem to be stuck there, just turn your underwear inside out.

Pats now score 40 points.

Profit.

In all seriousness, it's weirdly sometimes more nerve-wracking to be the favorite, as there's a sense of it being expected to win (i.e. "if we lose we've really screwed up")
Totally agree with this sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back