PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many people here are nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm nervous because any game can swing on a single tipped ball. I watched the undefeated 2007 Pats lose to an inferior team on a fluke, and get relegated to a vague memory in football history. This team should win, but any given Sunday.

This year is special to me because I really want to see Goddell shamed in front of the entire world, forced to congratulate Tom Brady as SB MVP. I really really want that. Has to be this year, for full impact.
According to Bob Ryan who was just on CSN "Brady has never really had that transcendent game" "They have been just good enough to win" lol.. ****in media.
F### Bob Ryan. He's been a Patriot, Belichick and Brady hater for years. He's as bad as his pal Shank, but he just hides it better. I actually have to begrudgingly give Dan credit because he doesn't pretend to not hate them, while Ryan does. With that said, they're both gold-plated ***holes...

More concerned about getting my car's flat tire fixed today and such.

Something tells me the GOAT will deliver--and then some.

I've spent the entire week interviewing thousands of Pats fans and nine of them are nervous

They havent' been this far in 6 years, whereas for us the AFCC has been the worst case scenario in that time frame.

Oh we are definitely spoiled by our riches. No doubt about that, but that's what also has me concerned........letting another prime opportunity slip away. If the Pats do end up losing this game (which could happen since the Steelers are a worthy opponent), that means the Pats will be 2-4 in those 6 championship games you referenced. I don't want that to happen, so yes, that has me a bit nervous.

Nervous would not be a word I'd use to describe how I feel about facing the Steelers in this seasons AFC Championship Game. I love the team, but I've got way too much going on in my life right now to feel nervous about how the Patriots will do. What would my being nervous accomplish? I'm confident Coach Belichick, the staff, and the players have studied their opponent thoroughly, planning and practicing accordingly.

This is not to say I'm overly-confident. The Steelers, too, will be planning and preparing as much as they're able. What I do feel is certain that the Patriots will do all they can to defeat their opponents. I'll be watching the game with intense interest, to see what sort of game plan the Patriots have and how well it works, cheering them on, and hoping for the best.

I'll be infinitely happier seeing a Patriots victory, but, either way, even if they don't, life will go on and I will soon be thinking about next season.

Silly Earthlings.

Getting nervous derives from the foolish perception that we have something to lose.

We have nothing to lose...and everything to win.

Brady is going to shred the steeler defense...book it

I understand life will go on if the Pats lose, but this team means more to me than words can explain. I'm not ashamed to admit some of the happiest moments of my life have taken place at the Blade celebrating with my brother and some of my best friends. Watching the Patriots has got me through some tough times especially when my two best friends died the same year. I feel very lucky to have seen the Patriots win 4 SB's. I know I'm going to look back years from now and laugh/reminisce at this crazy run they have been on. I can't wait to get in that parking lot tomorrow!!!

I understand life will go on if the Pats lose, but this team means more to me than words can explain. I'm not ashamed to admit some of the happiest moments of my life have taken place at the Blade celebrating with my brother and some of my best friends. Watching the Patriots has got me through some tough times especially when my two best friends died the same year. I feel very lucky to have seen the Patriots win 4 SB's. I know I'm going to look back years from now and laugh/reminisce at this crazy run they have been on. I can't wait to get in that parking lot tomorrow!!!

Nothing to be ashamed about. There is a reason fan is short for fanatic. I also get very emotionally invested in the Pats. 07 was brutal. I'm still pissed for a few days when the Pats take an early exit out of the playoffs. Let's hope we are all celebrating on February 5th!!

I am nervous before every game, and my anxiety will be quite high.. but the Pats will win this game.

Nervousness is permanently branded on my "Patriots soul"..

The anxiety is increased as we have to wait until 6:40.... all NFL games should start no later than 4:00 PM EST....

This is what I was thinking, I will be pacing around maybe if anything eating cereal (with vodka) and watching cartoons, no pre game, same for the Superbowl.

I am in the job seeking process so no work today but I cannot sleep. I know both Mannings are gone but I still feel worried about Sunday, For me I just want them to cap this off and then they can retire Bill and Tom and we can suck again, I would be fine with that in all honesty. I just want that 5th ring.

But PIT, ATL, and GB are all amazing teams, great at scoring, good enough on defense, man this is stressful.
I refuse to be nervous or even emotional about most of these games. I stopped a long time ago. Unfortunately there is an exception though, and that would be this AFCCG against the disgraceful Steelers at home. The Pats have to win this game.

By the way I don't think the Pats will "suck" after they retire. They will be a good franchise for a long time.

24 people.

Not me.

Tells me all I need to know. It means they had a good week of practice.

Big time nerves here. I'll go to bed at 6:30 and wake up just before it ends hoping the Pats win

Big time nerves here. I'll go to bed at 6:30 and wake up just before it ends hoping the Pats win

Thats very strange.. right up there with the guy who eats cereal with vodka, what the hell..

Nerves keep going up as game time closes in :). Has been an interesting week regarding omens . Saw a guy at work wearing a #21 Pats jersey here in california on friday which I took as a sign .But today when driving to the local temple I saw a car pass by with Steelers on the name plate :D . The game cant end soon enough.

I avoided last season's AFCCG completely on purpose and went walking until a friend messaged me with a "Tough luck , good game " message. I was so pissed off. This yr I think I will watch . Dont know how long though. :)
I dont know how it got this way. I used to watch evry min in 2003/2004. Now the expectations have risen and being a favorite doesn't help :)

I avoided last season's AFCCG completely on purpose and went walking until a friend messaged me with a "Tough luck , good game " message. I was so pissed off. This yr I think I will watch . Dont know how long though. :)
I dont know how it got this way. I used to watch evry min in 2003/2004. Now the expectations have risen and being a favorite doesn't help :)

Stop taking the games so seriously. They're meant to be watched for entertainment, and nothing is more entertaining than watching the Pats whoop some ass in the biggest games.

I'm nervous as hell. The Pats are playing for their season tomorrow, so regardless of opponent or anything else it would be hard not to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes