PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you were Kraft and this season doesn’t improve, do you move on from Bill after this season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you move on from Bill after 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 101 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 19.0%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 31 19.0%

• Total voters
I don't agree with the Mac criticism. He's a starting QB on 28 other teams in this league. He not the type of player that can elevate mediocre talent. A lot of starting QB's are like that.
After last night, I don’t think even the Jets would put him over Wilson. Referring to Wilson’s decent performance

A blocking TE getting more snaps than the one offensive player with any juice.

can't believe it idris elba GIF

You clearly seem to have forgotten the early 90s.
The 95 team ended up in the SB with a group of players who the HC whined about not being able to choose. I don't feel like this team is that close to winning.

Watch, when he's gone and you'll get your wish sooner rather than later, he'll have success when he's got the right supporting cast.
He won’t. He’s not even Jimmy G level who can’t win with Adams catching his passes.

Sometimes I wonder if he is just coaching to get the record. I do feel for him that the longer he goes with mediocre teams that the false narrative that he would have been a mediocre head coach without Brady will become his legacy for a large portion of fans. And if that happens, what good is getting the record especially if it takes him three or four more years of around .500 records or worse to pass Shula?
I have absolutely no problem with Bill getting his cherished record with another team.

No point in drafting another young QB in round 1 if Belechick is still going to continue as coach and GM
BB thinks every QB he has is Tom Brady, and somehow the QB will make average players suddenly over achieve. Brady could do it because he was a once in a lifetime talent.
Players like Jones can't.
BB has surrounded Jones with inferior talent.
Look how bad Allen and Tua were until their teams got them some weapons and put talent around them.

If the Patriots go in another direction at QB, and continue with Belechick's philosophy of surrounding the QB with less than stellar talent...well the wheel will just keep on going round and round with the offense stuck in a ditch.

It is indeed time to clean house in Foxboro, from top to bottom. The team needs a new philosophy to catch up tp the rest of the league.

If you treat the exercise as for one year or one game whatever you want to use with salary removed from the equation:

I mean I can think of the Jets with Wilson, who is only a starter because of injury. Maybe Washington with Sam Howell? However that might be a wash. The Cardinals with Dobbs. Desmond Ridder in Atlanta.
washington scored more than 3on the eagles and howell is in his first starting year, mac in this third, just sayin..

i think atlanta and the jets with wilson currently would take jones over their current qb...

hell even josh fecking dobbs has a higher completion percentage, 4 TD, 0 INT and a 19 point higher qbr than mac
So I think that is 2 day one starters I would say Mac is better than and one guy who is a backup in reality and maybe a toss up with Howell.

AJ Brown went to the Eagles because he was traded there and then paid $100 million there. If he were traded here and paid $100 million he would be here.

They go where they will be paid. Money makes players happy. Bill would rather bargain shop for bums like Juju and Agholor than invest in real number one guys.

Once again what is it you want to do here? Stay the course and hope for the best?
You just dismissed the fact that AJ Brown wanted to go to the Eagles AND they paid him.

Do you honestly believe teams are willing to give up draft capital for guys that will be free agents?
That's lunacy.

The whole reason he left the Titans was because he was going to leave in free agency because they didn't want to pay him.

The players have a lot of control over which teams they get traded to.

They don't HAVE TO sign with the Patriots if they get traded there. So the Patriots get 1 year of AJ Brown and then he's a FA who maximizes his next contract.

Be clown shoes proud.

You had a good run trolling.
See I accept your compliment why can’t you accept mine? It’s not hard.

I have absolutely no problem with Bill getting his cherished record with another team.
I think if Bill had the opportunity to replace Daboll as HC with the Giants and do that -he would be on a plane there today.

I really don't care about that record. Aren't some of his wins from Cleveland anyways? What difference does it make if he gets 20 some odd wins elsewhere at the end of his career?

Bill is gonna be 72 next year. You have to wonder what's his end game.

If you treat the exercise as for one year or one game whatever you want to use with salary removed from the equation:

I mean I can think of the Jets with Wilson, who is only a starter because of injury. Maybe Washington with Sam Howell? However that might be a wash. The Cardinals with Dobbs. Desmond Ridder in Atlanta.

So I think that is 2 day one starters I would say Mac is better than and one guy who is a backup in reality and maybe a toss up with Howell.
Exactly and none of those are “the guy”

They’re stopgap players until those teams find their franchise QB. That is Mac’s class. His ceiling is probably Derek Carr and that’s if he’s surrounded by talent.

You just dismissed the fact that AJ Brown wanted to go to the Eagles AND they paid him.

Do you honestly believe teams are willing to give up draft capital for guys that will be free agents?
That's lunacy.

The whole reason he left the Titans was because he was going to leave in free agency because they didn't want to pay him.

The players have a lot of control over which teams they get traded to.

They don't HAVE TO sign with the Patriots if they get traded there. So the Patriots get 1 year of AJ Brown and then he's a FA who maximizes his next contract.
He left the Titans because they didn't want to pay him and the Eagles did. If the Patriots made the same offer to the Titans and told Brown's agent we will pay him $105 million then he would be a Patriot.

That is what I am saying. Bill won't do that though. He doesn't value the position.

A blocking TE getting more snaps than the one offensive player with any juice.

can't believe it idris elba GIF't believe it idris elba GIF

Does Pop Douglas block?
Master P Come On Man GIF

Stop with the hyperbole. Pharaoh is a blocking TE vet who helps with a paper thin OL depth. These two things are not the same and there's no correlation.

Does Pop Douglas block?
Master P Come On Man GIF

Stop with the hyperbole. Pharaoh is a blocking TE vet who helps with a paper thin OL depth. These two things are not the same and there's no correlation.
The correlation is we need guys on the field who can make plays. Why the hell do we need 3 TE's when playing from behind all day? Are we going to run our way back into the game?

Bill is gonna be 72 next year. You have to wonder what's his end game.
His end game is to pass Shula. But that’s not looking likely any time soon as he needs 29 more to do it. Going .500ish from here out that’s at least 4-5 years away.

washington scored more than 3on the eagles and howell is in his first starting year, mac in this third, just sayin..

i think atlanta and the jets with wilson currently would take jones over their current qb...

hell even josh fecking dobbs has a higher completion percentage, 4 TD, 0 INT and a 19 point higher qbr than mac
Howell will probably never be a star but he at least looks serviceable so far. Same with Dobbs and I think he has done an amazing job there considering the circumstances.

The correlation is we need guys on the field who can make plays. Why the hell do we need 3 TE's when playing from behind all day? Are we going to run our way back into the game?
He's a blocking TE. The line is bad enough, you want to get rid of him? Stop. More little dudes isn't the answer. They have to fix the line. It all starts up front.

I want from the McVay tree, but if they could get McVay even better. Ben Johnson would be good too. Johnson has turned Goff into a good QB.
I would also want us to hire Ben Johnson as the coach. Bill can go to chargers and win with Herbert.

At this point I don't care about Shula stats . The more bill, his children are here the worse we are going to be. It's a new NFL and bill is outmatched .

It's going to be another 3-4 years of team building unless we land a joe burrow clone and few massive draft hits on offense.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back