PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you were Kraft and this season doesn’t improve, do you move on from Bill after this season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you move on from Bill after 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 101 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 19.0%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 31 19.0%

• Total voters
BB dosent need the coaching record. He is far ahead of ****la in accomplishments.

He's a blocking TE. The line is bad enough, you want to get rid of him? Stop. More little dudes isn't the answer. They have to fix the line. It all starts up front.
So basically Bill has done such a bad job building the line we now need to keep third TEs on the field and keep playmakers off. They have to get guys on the field who can make plays. Pharaoh Brown is not that guy busted coverage TD last week not withstanding.

Bledsoe = Good (for this argument)

Bledsoe = Bad (to justify Bill’s 5-13 record with him)
Great point. And when you look more closely you see that the Pats record before Moe Lewis saved us was 5-13 but since Brady's been gone they added in 3 more losing seasons for a 31-41 total record before and after Brady, with only 1 winning season out of 5. But it's Bill that we owe the Pats success to and not the top players that he chases away.

Imagine any other HC/GM getting rid of their best 3 offensive players (two of them GOATs) and getting nothing in return, only to see all three of them win rings on other teams while your team struggles to win games and score points? How long would that guy last? If he was in control of one of the AFCE teams we'd be laughing at him.

He left the Titans because they didn't want to pay him and the Eagles did. If the Patriots made the same offer to the Titans and told Brown's agent we will pay him $105 million then he would be a Patriot.

That is what I am saying. Bill won't do that though. He doesn't value the position.
We wouldn't have ended up with Brown if any of that had happened.

I took a few years off from posting here but the quality of the posters (most, not all) here as absolutely fallen off a cliff. The lack understanding of roster construction, game management and general football on this forum has become astonishing.

We wouldn't have ended up with Brown if any of that had happened.
We wouldn't have ended up with Brown because Bill can't evaluate college receivers and because Bill doesn't want to pay receivers.

Once again, for the third time, what is it that you think we should be doing? Staying the course? I am genuinely curious.

So basically Bill has done such a bad job building the line we now need to keep third TEs on the field and keep playmakers off. They have to get guys on the field who can make plays. Pharaoh Brown is not that guy busted coverage TD last week not withstanding.
If you can't win at the line of scrimmage, you aren't winning jack in the NFL, or at any level of football, peewee on up.

I took a few years off from posting here but the quality of the posters (most, not all) here as absolutely fallen off a cliff. The lack understanding of roster construction, game management and general football on this forum has become astonishing.
Maybe we need more good posters like you. You have only posted one post a year the last 17 years.

Well now that youre back please inform us. Should the roster be built with pop gun armed QBs and pedestrian receivers? Should we keeping play makers (I use that term as a best of the bad bunch) off the field for mistakes when the guy behind him can't play? Should we just keep on hoping things will turn around in year 4? What is it that us new dullard posters aren't understanding?

I know we generally don't get along on here but that was hilarious.
2D274906865133-tdy-jeter-hat-tip-140926.jpg

You assume Brady wanted to stay with the Pats after 2019. It takes two to tango and Brady already had one foot out the door in Miami.
This brings up a question that I haven't had an answer to in 3 years. Maybe you can help.

If Brady wanted to leave why was he building a home near Kraft and asking for multi-year contracts each year? That tells me that he wanted to finish his career here.

Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

We wouldn't have ended up with Brown because Bill can't evaluate college receivers and because Bill doesn't want to pay receivers.

Once again, for the third time, what is it that you think we should be doing? Staying the course? I am genuinely curious.
I've said what we should be doing many times above. We should do our best to get a real QB and top WRs. But you're wrong about Brown. He and Hurts wanted to be together for many, many years. And $5m more wouldn't have done a thing for him. You're also wrong about Belichick. We paid top dollar to free agent WRs. But you can't acquire top WRs that way.

Every team is looking for top WRs.

This brings up a question that I haven't had an answer to in 3 years. Maybe you can help.

If Brady wanted to leave why was he building a home near Kraft and asking for multi-year contracts each year? That tells me that he wanted to finish his career here.
You still whining about Brady?

Any time you’d like to provide us with your expertise we’d appreciate it…

This is unknowable.

He built that home long before 2019.

But we also read that Brady wanted to stay and he was asking for a longer term contract after 2019. That tells me Brady would have stayed.

Then we read that the summer before the 2019 season Brady appeared on Miami owner's Ross's boat in an attempt to talk Brian Flores into tanking the season.

Both of these things conflict with one another.

So, the only thing we can say is that we don't know.

What we do know is this: The Patriots moved on from that entire team except for David Andrews and Deatrich Wise, that they were so far over the cap they could only afford to pay $1m to Cam Newton, that we paid the piper and started a rebuild during the Covid year.

I can't see how anyone is making an argument for Brady given the total team turnover. This is the 3rd time that Belichick rebuilt the Patriots (2000-2002), (2009-2011), (2020-2023). This time hasn't gone so well. And it's not because we don't have old man Tom Brady back there. It's because we have Scott Secules back there.

The bigger issue IMO is Bill let the QB position atrophied by not drafting any QBs besides Stidham in the 4th after he traded Jimmy in 2017. It was like he forgot his starting QB was in his late 30s/early 40s and decided to stop investing in the position when prior to that he drafted a QB every other year.
And then he compounded that by thinking that he could keep pushing the GOAT for one season at a time at half the money of a top QB. It really seems like Brady had enough, left, and Bill wasn't prepared.

I've said what we should be doing many times above. We should do our best to get a real QB and top WRs. But you're wrong about Brown. He and Hurts wanted to be together for many, many years. And $5m more wouldn't have done a thing for him. You're also wrong about Belichick. We paid top dollar to free agent WRs. But you can't acquire top WRs that way.

Every team is looking for top WRs.
So by your logic if Jeudy, Waddle, Jameson Williams, or Devonta Smith were to hypothetically become available within the next year we should have the inside track and be able to low ball them because Mac might be friends with them? Or are we living in reality where these guys are going to the highest bidder?

This is unknowable.

He built that home long before 2019.

But we also read that Brady wanted to stay and he was asking for a longer term contract after 2019. That tells me Brady would have stayed.

Then we read that the summer before the 2019 season Brady appeared on Miami owner's Ross's boat in an attempt to talk Brian Flores into tanking the season.

Both of these things conflict with one another.

So, the only thing we can say is that we don't know.

What we do know is this: The Patriots moved on from that entire team except for David Andrews and Deatrich Wise, that they were so far over the cap they could only afford to pay $1m to Cam Newton, that we paid the piper and started a rebuild during the Covid year.

I can't see how anyone is making an argument for Brady given the total team turnover. This is the 3rd time that Belichick rebuilt the Patriots (2000-2002), (2009-2011), (2020-2023). This time hasn't gone so well. And it's not because we don't have old man Tom Brady back there. It's because we have Scott Secules back there.
Can we not go down the rabbit hole? You know where this is going. Let it go.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back