PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Penix Junior

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Needs to be on Pats radar for qb

Phenomenal performance in sugar bowl

Mobile, great deep ball, great pocket presence, smart, accurate and rocket arm.

He may be the best nfl qb in the draft

I am sure the doubters are drawing their conclusions.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

He may be the best nfl qb in the draft
Certainly had an amazing year - arguably better than Daniels, because he's actually won something (the Pac 12). Penix has also had 2 wins over Bo Nix's Oregon, proving he can regularly get it done against the big teams, not just the smaller schools. I'm not sure why draftniks are dropping him to the second round (other than injuries) but I have the feeling that's going to change in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Penix has also had 2 wins over Bo Nix's Oregon, proving he can regularly get it done against the big teams
Yep. Can he do it on the big stage? Proving he can.

For many here made pejorative claims against him in the draft forum. He’s clearly the most accomplished QB in this class.

What had prima dona Williams at USC done? Yeah, Maye looks great in shorts. But playing NC State is one thing. Playing Real Deal Texas in the goddamn Sugar Bowl is a whole different level.

Penix didn’t wilt. He stood up STRONG.

Just like 24 years ago in the same building when Real Deal Alabama was beaten by another QB named Brady.

Yeah he looked great. Best quarterbacking I've seen in college football this year and it's not close. He made all the throws with NFL level arm strength, showed accuracy and anticipation, poised in the pocket, knew when to scramble to buy time to pass the ball and when to take off to gain yards.

He made great plays in critical downs in the biggest game of the year thus far. Can't wait to see how he deals with that Michigan defense.

Cannon arm, elite. Michigan is a true test.

The knees are the only concern for me.
If he does well in Championship game he will be a top 10 pick and may vault to QB2 after Williams.
Great leadership qualities

Certainly had an amazing year - arguably better than Daniels, because he's actually won something (the Pac 12). Penix has also had 2 wins over Bo Nix's Oregon, proving he can regularly get it done against the big teams, not just the smaller schools. I'm not sure why draftniks are dropping him to the second round (other than injuries) but I have the feeling that's going to change in the coming weeks.
Did he player better than Bo Nix in those two wins? They seemed pretty equal in both games. He won obviously. Did you watch those two games? Considering the defenses, I thought Nix was a little better imo putting the team on his back vs Washingtons defense. Sometimes stats can be misleading when if comes to grading a prospect. Penix is a fine late 1st early 2nd round prospect with concerns like the rest of them. I just like Nix’s arm better with that amazing back shoulder throw.

I like both better than Daniels who is the Tyquan Thornton of QBs

Did he player better than Bo Nix in those two wins? They seemed pretty equal in both games. He won obviously. Did you watch those two games? Considering the defenses, I thought Nix was a little better imo putting the team on his back vs Washingtons defense. Sometimes stats can be misleading when if comes to grading a prospect. Penix is a fine late 1st early 2nd round prospect with concerns like the rest of them. I just like Nix’s arm better with that amazing back shoulder throw.
Washington's Defense Stink if you haven't heard: Nix did not look good in that Game. Actually he looked a little shaky playing at home too I am sure OSU fans thinks Penix Jr is better.

For Washington to beat Oregon twice, when they are the fourth or fifth best team in college, and a Texas team that frankly looked more talented than Alabama, especially the interior of the OL and a real QB, is an impressive feat.

And to go undefeated in the sneaky good PAC 10, probably this year’s strongest conference. Wow.

I’ve watched a good deal of Washington this year. My second favorite college team. And I’ve never seen their stout DTs get manhandled like Texas did with their superb center and guards.

Texas has the best OL since Corky’s Bama team.

For Washington to beat Oregon twice, when they are the fourth or fifth best team in college, and a Texas team that frankly looked more talented than Alabama, especially the interior of the OL and a real QB, is an impressive feat.

And to go undefeated in the sneaky good PAC 10, probably this year’s strongest conference. Wow.

I’ve watched a good deal of Washington this year. My second favorite college team. And I’ve never seen their stout DTs get manhandled like Texas did with their superb center and guards.

Texas has the best OL since Corky’s Bama team.
I would love that Texas TE on the Patriots next season Sanders I think that boy can move.

Last edited:
Love Pennix - bigger, stronger than Tua and sure looks like the real deal… Then I harken back to one Dominique Easly, our last double ACL draft pick and remember my favorite subject in school was “History”… Gulp!!

Penix throws accurate rockets and he moves well. Would be very happy with him going forward.

I love him.

It's the knees that concern me.
From what I understand, his knees are basically bone on bone. If he had no such medical concerns he'd be a top 3 pick possibly. However, I wouldn't draft him as 'The Guy" just because his knees are that bad. I wouldn't even draft him in the first 3 rounds (as we have other needs as well).

I wouldn't go that far Daniels have the frame to add some unlike Boney T.
With all due respect to Penix, and given the bone on bone state of his knees, he would be a hard pass for me (especially in the first 3 rounds).

The knees are the only concern for me.
If he does well in Championship game he will be a top 10 pick and may vault to QB2 after Williams.
Great leadership qualities
I would still take Williams over Penix. His knees are just too much of a concern. Williams has the frame to add more weight/muscle.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back