PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Penix Junior

four words:

Sony Michele, Malcolm Mitchell.

Gotta dive deep on medical at QB
As someone who’s been bone on bone in one knee, and with no ACL since 1976, and who still plays softball competitively, I can attest that not everyone’s the same.

Also, a QB isn’t a running back (other than Fields or Lamar types) or a WR, both of which require those full-speed cuts on almost every play.

A QB isn’t out there to juke CBs with his legs or drive through 300-pound linemen at awkward angles.

Brady could have played most of his career on a bum knee without anyone noticing.

I’ve watched four of his games this season, to me he is the most accurate passer of the QB’s coming out.

I like both better than Daniels who is the Tyquan Thornton of QBs
Dude's about this height and weight, I think, although the Combine will get the truth out.

014d6-16676147399282-1920.jpg

That’s probably the group think consensus. I hate group think. It’s so often wrong.
And, you may very well be proven correct. As with all things, only time will ultimately tell.

Dude hope all goes well keep in touch.
Thank you very much! As I'm typing this (got out of the hospital at about 4:30 pm Central Time) , it went well (at least that's what they all told me). I feel like boiled fecal matter, but that's supposed to pass over the next couple of days.

Trade down for Odunze, gain a 2nd rounder, use it on Penix, use your other 2nd rounder on a tackle. Boom, instant offense.
Penix is going 1st round. May well go as early as #6 to Zona

Yep. Can he do it on the big stage? Proving he can.

For many here made pejorative claims against him in the draft forum. He’s clearly the most accomplished QB in this class.

What had prima dona Williams at USC done? Yeah, Maye looks great in shorts. But playing NC State is one thing. Playing Real Deal Texas in the goddamn Sugar Bowl is a whole different level.

Penix didn’t wilt. He stood up STRONG.

Just like 24 years ago in the same building when Real Deal Alabama was beaten by another QB named Brady.
I am uncomfortable with Williams. I would prefer they dont draft him.

Watching the championship game tonight, his low release point stood out to me. Those are going to get batted down in the NFL.

Thank you very much! As I'm typing this (got out of the hospital at about 4:30 pm Central Time) , it went well (at least that's what they all told me). I feel like boiled fecal matter, but that's supposed to pass over the next couple of days.

If it was done laparoscopically, you’ll recover quickly. If it was an open repair, not so much. Rest up.

Watching the championship game tonight, his low release point stood out to me. Those are going to get batted down in the NFL.

His OL didn’t do him any favors but the number of times he threw off of his back foot tonight gave me Mac flashbacks.

His OL didn’t do him any favors but the number of times he threw off of his back foot tonight gave me Mac flashbacks.
His back foot gave me Mac flashbacks, and his arm motion gave me Cam flashbacks.

I'm all set with Penix in R1. I think he's one of those guys that the "experts" will tout, only to have him plummet on draft day(s). I think he's has a nice long ball, but he is limited elsewhere and the injury history is not in his favor. Now, if they signed a FA QB in March and then this kid is sitting there R3, sure, take a flier on him.

That sideways delivery will not make it past the LOS in the NFL, plus he is in his 7th year of college and ended the first 4 with major injuries and looks like he got hurt again last night.

I saw alot of Mac Jonesesque throws off his back foot last night. No thanks

Penix is going 1st round. May well go as early as #6 to Zona

Where is your Penix update after last night's game? Going 6th to Zona still?

That sideways delivery will not make it past the LOS in the NFL, plus he is in his 7th year of college and ended the first 4 with major injuries and looks like he got hurt again last night.

I saw alot of Mac Jonesesque throws off his back foot last night. No thanks
Saw those too one foot on one foot off the Penix Jr bandwagon.

Remove him of the board
Can’t go through progressions under pressure, hard pass

I only watched the highlights of the bowl game but I was not a fan of the way Pennix threw those shorter side arm passes.

Lol......thats about as poor a technical evaluation you will see.......

@BaconGrundleCandy no need to look over your shoulder...lol

Where is your Penix update after last night's game? Going 6th to Zona still?
That wasn't my take. Just a few draftniks.
I like Penix as well as any qb in this draft.
But I dont know if I'd want to draft any of them.
Regardless of whos available, I lean towards Alt.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back