PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Penix Junior

I wasn't a fan of his before the game.

He isn't worth trading back for. Too many red flags.

A fragile player will not do well on the frozen artificial turf of Gillette. Look at what happened to Dominic Easley. We don't want a repeat of that. The Patriots need rugged, rocked-up players such as Xavier Legette

Penix is going 1st round. May well go as early as #6 to Zona

Late 1st round, I can buy that. #6 overall, there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

2 years of balling out seems to have been undone by one bad game against a superior team. Seems harsh but there it is.

It's not that he didn't play well in the college playoffs. It's the injury history that is scaring teams off. Nobody wants to pay a high draft pick to buy damaged goods early.

A fragile player will not do well on the frozen artificial turf of Gillette. Look at what happened to Dominic Easley. We don't want a repeat of that. The Patriots need rugged, rocked-up players such as Xavier Legette
This is why Maye is a more attractive prospect if he makes it to #3. He's a big tough dude who can take a beating and yet keep on playing game after game. He's got a Bledsoe-type arm but pairs that with the size, mobility and athleticism of a Josh Allen. Seems to be built for New England weather.

I think I noticed this before, but it wasn't really until today after 3 glasses of scotch after 5 days of no drinking where I looked at the board and had a "I was talking to Keyser Soze all this time" moment. The 3 great track star Washington WRs are all 4 year seniors and look at their 2 seasons before Penix entered the fold. They were pedestrian and then years 3 and 4 they looked like world beaters. (Could also be Ryan Grubb who's now the OC for SEA - They're totally taking Penix to learn under Geno time).

Maybe I'll take The Penix Mightier for $700 Alex...

Last edited:
I think I noticed this before, but it wasn't really until today after 3 glasses of scotch after 5 days of no drinking where I looked at the board and had a "I was talking to Keyser Soze all this time" moment. The 3 great track star Washington WRs are all 4 year seniors and look at their 2 seasons before Penix entered the fold. They were pedestrian and then years 3 and 4 they looked like world beaters. (Could also be Ryan Grubb who's now the OC for SEA - They're totally taking Penix to learn under Geno time).

Maybe I'll take The Penix Mightier for $700 Alex...

Penix and Daniels had great WRs to dominate college level CBS and bail them out in mulitple situations. This skews all of the stats. We tried Mac how had great WRs bailing him out too. Hard pass on Penix and Daniels. Take the guys that had to earn it with every throw like Maye or McCarthy.

Penix and Daniels had great WRs to dominate college level CBS and bail them out in mulitple situations. This skews all of the stats. We tried Mac how had great WRs bailing him out too. Hard pass on Penix and Daniels. Take the guys that had to earn it with every throw like Maye or McCarthy.
That was my thought before, but looking at those WRs before Penix arrived - the 3 of them had 2 years and were less than mediocre. Penix comes in and all of a sudden they're great. Could certainly be the new OC.

1.png2.png3.png

That was my thought before, but looking at those WRs before Penix arrived - the 3 of them had 2 years and were less than mediocre. Penix comes in and all of a sudden they're great. Could certainly be the new OC.

View attachment 57718View attachment 57719View attachment 57720

I think it is synergy. Sorry if that sounds too simple. Penix is clearly a good long pass guy and Odunze, Polk, and McMillan gave Penix great long ball targets. Those four together were a great combination.

By correlation, how did Mac look great in his Senior year at Alabama? Smith, Waddle, etc., led to making Mac look better than he was.

Absolutely love his letter to GMs, easy guy to root for...But not banging the table for him

Lot to like as a player, awesome intangibles...Just not in love with (I'm not in love with any of those QBs)

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back