PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most NFL coaches are stupid.

PATS16N0

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
When I was a teenager in the 90’s playing Madden, I used to defer the ball. Me and probably a million other teenagers. Why? Simple. Even when you’re 15 you realize that if you can score before the half and then get the ball back, you can potentially put the game out of reach before the 3rd quarter is over.

We were ****ing teenagers.

Fast forward to like 2010 or something and Belichick started deferring for this exact reason. Because I used to play Madden, it’s a standout memory for me listening to the game commentators showering Belichick with praise for his “innovations” in deferring, and how much of a genius Belichick was for starting that trend in the NFL.

I just remember thinking, “you ****ing idiots are just figuring this out now?”

Like I’ve said before, there is no NFL coaching college you can go to to get into the league. You either come up in it through nepotism and/or a “good ole’ boy” network or you don’t. Yes, some end up being good at it, but the turn-over rate of firings and hirings is an indicator that most obviously do not.

In fact, going back to Madden, you could easily make an argument that most Xbox players have a better grasp of time management than most NFL coaches do, who seem to **** it up all the time.

The most shocking part of this last paragraph is how painfully true it is.

I honestly don’t think it would be such a terrible idea for the NFL to launch some kind of school to learn the X’ s and O’s from a coaching stand point to see what kind of contributors they can produce, because it’s obvious that so-and-so’s second nephew, son or cousin, who got a job doing X because Y, is rarely going to produce anything worth a single ****.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back