PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next 6 games.

There are 13 games left to play. Any judgment now is premature.
If there is one individual in the NFL that doesn’t need to be defended it’s Bill Belichick. He has won more than any body, no need to make excuses or defend that.
Sure, but it's still a what have you done for me lately league. Since 2019 its been mediocrity
I hope it all improves

To even fantasize about 4 or 5 wins out of the next 6 games would require rose colored glasses so thick they’d be impractical to wear.

2 or maybe 3 is extremely optimistic.
That’s why they play the games.

Sure, but it's still a what have you done for me lately league. Since 2019 its been mediocrity
I hope it all improves
It’s actually a what will you do for me next league.
This team has every opportunity to right the ship.
Eliminate turnovers, improve the ol play as you get a consistent 5 guys playing together, focus on pushing the ball down the field on early downs and making chunk plays rather than staying on schedule. Do those things and it will be a quick turnaround.

I found it comical you said "sandwiched between four bad teams" like New England isn't one of them.

Those four games could absolutely go either way

I found it comical you said "sandwiched between four bad teams" like New England isn't one of them.

Those four games could absolutely go either way
Whatever they are (which is yet to be determined) they still play against 4 bad teams in the next 6 games with Miami and buffalo in the middle.
It certainly is an opportunity to improve the record.
But I think too many fans are feeling sorry for themselves.

Congrats on predicting the injuries to the 4 corners and Judon.

To be very clear, we would be likely to have more than 7 wins with all of them healthy. (and yes, with the normal trades during October). We have already picked up our swing OT.
How do you plan to score points?

With healthy CBs?

Whatever they are (which is yet to be determined) they still play against 4 bad teams in the next 6 games with Miami and buffalo in the middle.
It certainly is an opportunity to improve the record.
But I think too many fans are feeling sorry for themselves.
Why?

People with a clue saw this coming.

And I’m not against having a good attitude but imo this is clearly not a good football team. It’s okay to admit it. It doesn’t make one less a fan. I’m not even mad about it. It’s what is.
It was bound to happen. Every dynasty has their fall-off. We had one, but it was more of a stumble than a true collapse, and recovered to get three more Lombardi dust collectors for the Pats HoF.

Now, it's the real drop. Fine, so be it. I am upbeat only because picking at the upper end of the round means the potential is there for three or even four impact players come draft time - be they actual picks or trades.

Until then, there are a lot of individual players that will get time they otherwise would not have. Something to look forward to, even if the L's pile up more than expected.

BB has a traditionally good trait of self-scouting at the team level. I hope he applies it to his GM performance and drops ego for results. If so, we may have a quicker turn-around than normal.

I kept faith after 92 and 93 ... not going to stop now.

There are 13 games left to play. Any judgment now is premature.
If there is one individual in the NFL that doesn’t need to be defended it’s Bill Belichick. He has won more than any body, no need to make excuses or defend that.
As to your second point, you know that we disagree, which is fine. Bill the GM in my view needs to be fired; you disagree. I wish you were right, but I don't think so. All good.

As to the remaining games, in a very narrow sense, the record in my view from here on out doesn't matter much, except insofar as it affects our draft postion. I don't see this as a huge deal, and I don't advocate tanking, in part because I think it unethical and in part because I'm not sure a few draft poitions one way or the other necessarily matters that much. The rest of the year in my mind should be devoted to assessing the players we have, making decisions on them, and on figuring out how to manage a constructive transition to a new GM, perhaps (though I hope not) to a new HC. In line with this, I think we should take every opportunity to play the younger players, both so that we can develop them and so that we can better evaluate them. We should do this even if giving the newbies an opportunity makes a win less likely. To do so might not "give us the best chance to win," but it would be "what is best for the team."

Short version: I don't think the team's record for the remainder of the year is nearly as important as evaluating and improving the team for next year and years following, from top to bottom.

As to your second point, you know that we disagree, which is fine. Bill the GM in my view needs to be fired; you disagree. I wish you were right, but I don't think so. All good.

As to the remaining games, in a very narrow sense, the record in my view from here on out doesn't matter much, except insofar as it affects our draft postion. I don't see this as a huge deal, and I don't advocate tanking, in part because I think it unethical and in part because I'm not sure a few draft poitions one way or the other necessarily matters that much. The rest of the year in my mind should be devoted to assessing the players we have, making decisions on them, and on figuring out how to manage a constructive transition to a new GM, perhaps (though I hope not) to a new HC. In line with this, I think we should take every opportunity to play the younger players, both so that we can develop them and so that we can better evaluate them. We should do this even if giving the newbies an opportunity makes a win less likely. To do so might not "give us the best chance to win," but it would be "what is best for the team."

Short version: I don't think the team's record for the remainder of the year is nearly as important as evaluating and improving the team for next year and years following, from top to bottom.
At least half the team will be back.
When a football team takes the field and prioritizing something other than winning it destroys the organization.
Winning matters and it is certainly way too early to give up on the season.

At least half the team will be back.
When a football team takes the field and prioritizing something other than winning it destroys the organization.
Winning matters and it is certainly way too early to give up on the season.
I understand that perspective, but at some point you shift to taking from a situation what that situation really has to offer. Neither a championship nor even a place in the playoffs is any longer realistically on offer here. Evaluating the present roster and working toward building toward a better one based on what you learn ARE on the table. So that's what I'd do. I've been a fan for a long time. Neither this team nor any other will remain elite forever. Sometimes you're down, and you have to concentrate on building back up. That's where we are, and that's a job that takes: 1) Time, 2) Somebody who knows how to get that done. We do have the former; I'm not sure about the latter.

Without Gonzales and Judon I'm just here for the laughs and the cheap tickets. Hopefully the STH wait list speeds up now

I understand that perspective, but at some point you shift to taking from a situation what that situation really has to offer. Neither a championship nor even a place in the playoffs is any longer realistically on offer here. Evaluating the present roster and working toward building toward a better one based on what you learn ARE on the table. So that's what I'd do. I've been a fan for a long time. Neither this team nor any other will remain elite forever. Sometimes you're down, and you have to concentrate on building back up. That's where we are, and that's a job that takes: 1) Time, 2) Somebody who knows how to get that done. We do have the former; I'm not sure about the latter.
The latter is the guy who has done it better than anyone who has lived.
It seems you are suggesting not playing the best players because you would like to see what the lesser guys can do. That’s a fan thing, organizations and coaches evaluate players, and they earn playing time. Throwing a guy out on the field to see what he does is not management.

One thing tho....if we drop the next 6 and are 1-9....I'll be on the tanking bandwagon and hoping the team moves some players to restructure our cap space for a massive off-season spend and high draft picks.....

The latter is the guy who has done it better than anyone who has lived.
It seems you are suggesting not playing the best players because you would like to see what the lesser guys can do. That’s a fan thing, organizations and coaches evaluate players, and they earn playing time. Throwing a guy out on the field to see what he does is not management.
So you are telling me that Bill has implemented such a brilliant regime for evauating players in practice that we must assume the players he puts out there are the best choices ,and that given this success it would be unwise to change that which Bill has traditionally done? Have you been watching the games?Any honest discussion of what Bill ought to do going forward must begin with an acknowledgement that what he has been doing is a failure, making your assertion that we ought to stick to the status quo because it is "what a pro does" seem pretty silly. So Yeah, I am indeed suggesting that Bill change his ways, for any number of very obvious reasons.

So you are telling me that Bill has implemented such a brilliant regime for evauating players in practice that we must assume the players he puts out there are the best choices ,and that given this success it would be unwise to change that which Bill has traditionally done? Have you been watching the games?Any honest discussion of what Bill ought to do going forward must begin with an acknowledgement that what he has been doing is a failure, making your assertion that we ought to stick to the status quo because it is "what a pro does" seem pretty silly. So Yeah, I am indeed suggesting that Bill change his ways, for any number of very obvious reasons.
I count a regime with 6 rings.

Your lack of insight of how to manage anything, compounded by your lack of football knowledge leads to posts like this. I’ll paraphrase. “Let me think of an idea that has no merit and say how can it be worse”.

Your personal agenda for attacking the HC of the NEP is tiresome. I guess we can’t all age gracefully

There are 13 games left to play.
Roller Coaster GIF by Radio 10

I count a regime with 6 rings.

Your lack of insight of how to manage anything, compounded by your lack of football knowledge leads to posts like this. I’ll paraphrase. “Let me think of an idea that has no merit and say how can it be worse”.

Your personal agenda for attacking the HC of the NEP is tiresome. I guess we can’t all age gracefully
Can’t rest on Tom Brady’s accomplishments

Time for Bill to prove he doesn’t need Brady to carry him

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes