PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL Post Game Thread - Patriots Fall to Chiefs 27-17

Immediate Postgame Reactions

Kermit needs calls like this to win these days or he’ll throw a tantrum. How the mighty have fallen.

This and the chokehold no-holding call that allowed KC to convert and score were the stories of this game for me. Patriots might have easily won this game if they didn’t get absolutely ****ed.

I’d rather see MHJ to the Pats, with a good FA QB signing and a developmental QB pick. Then build up the OL. Re-sign most of our free agents. I think that would be the foundation of a good team.
As interesting an offseason in recent memory for any team. Can’t wait till we see it play out.

Brady’s Pats would have beaten this Chiefs team by 40. They don’t impress me at all.
This team just isn't the same. I mean this was somehow a competitive game. I did not think it was possible.

I could seriously see us losing to the Bengals.

The streak of Mahomes not playing a road playoff game may be over.

Also…I’m now ready to say it: O’brien needs to go also.
He had one creative play this game. Otherwise his playcalling is as stale and predictable as it gets.

Qb and ot are not mutually exclusive
How do you take both with one pick? First draft pick they are in fact mutually exclusive.

This team just isn't the same. I mean this was somehow a competitive game. I did not think it was possible.

Not sure why or how but something just looks off with them.

Someone needs to make this a gif. lol

At least the Panthers won. Only 1 game out from tying them and the pick being down to SOS.

Pats play - Broncos (7-7), Bills (probably 7-7 after today), Jets (5-9)
Panthers play - Packers (6-8), Jaguars (probably 8-6 after today), Buccaneers (7-7)

So the Patriots currently have worse SOS as of now. If things follow similar trends and the Panthers win 1 more game and the Pats lose out then Pats may just barely squeak into the 1st pick.
This team isn't bad enough to lose to the Jets imo. Not at home.

That Steelers win may be a killer.

Disagree. Without a decent OL any rookie QB will underperform and likely bust.

Which one of those positions can you find in undrafted free agency?

The OL has historically been something Bill had no problem addressing.

QB.

It's gonna be the QB so you should.get on board now.

Both the Bears and Cards will likely have two high first round picks. The Pats are in a multi-year rebuild with tons of needs. They don’t need to get their franchise QB this year. If they aren’t in love with Williams or Maye, they might be better off get two or three stud players with a trade and then take a flyer on a QB in the second round. There is a lot of talented QBs in this draft. No guarantee that one of the second round wont become a top 10 or even top 5 QB.

If they have significant red flags on Williams and/or Maye, they shouldn’t just take them because you have to draft a QB high.
Oh yeah, if they have red flags on those 2 guys then you might have to think about it. But there's also Daniels too.

Get the QB you like and splurge in FA for your other top needs. 2021 re-do.

Funny, even when the Patriots had the lead, I didn’t think it was as competitive as the score indicated. The way the Pats were playing, I knew the second they got down, they would start to unravel. There was no aggression in the way they played except for that first half TD drive.

The Chiefs have some significant issues. I assume Reid told Toney to find his own way home and they will FedEx him his belongings in his locker at Arrowhead. But they really have a receiver issue.

Kevin Stefanski has Cleveland at 9-5 with a QB off the street....and the alleged greatest coach of all time has his hand picked charges at 3-11

Oh yeah, if they have red flags on those 2 guys then you might have to think about it. But there's also Daniels too.

Unless Daniels makes a big jump, they can still trade down and get him.

If Caleb Williams is gone and it’s between Maye and Joe Alt I’m going with Alt, over Maye and MHJ.

It’s transparently super weird how so many around the NFL are trying *so* hard to talk Belichick out the door. On the cusp of him getting a take-your-pick of the top QBs in this draft. He doesn’t have a QB, ya don’t win in the NFL without. Soon should. Hard to not notice the subtext

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back