PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodgers already knocked out of the game against the Bills

I never thought it was a money thing. I thought they started going to turf more after the Pats' field got ruined all the time and wouldn't grown in the winter.
All of the owners should convert to the turf of Lambeau Field. It's natural and synthetic, and while it costs, they'd be protecting their valuable human resources. Their general greediness prevents this from happening.

The jets defense is and will be the problem for offenses all season. Once again they made Allen look mortal.

Sauce didn't have his best game in Coverage, and they still turned over Allen.

If we don't continue to make self inflicting things on offense then the division is in play for us IMO..
Allen did a pretty good job of making himself look mortal.

It’s not about cost entirely. It’s the quickest and easiest first step for an injury like the one Rodgers suffered. It can even give indication that an Achilles rupture might haves occurred. That is confirmed by further diagnostic testing.

And as far as it goes. Only two. NFL teams even installed MRIs in their stadium. Cincinnati and Dallas.
From what I'm told, most on-field medical staff can diagnose limb injuries with a good degree of accuracy either on the field or shortly thereafter in the medical tent. Once Rodgers got up then sat back down it wasn't too hard to figure out he was in deep trouble and certainly wasn't coming back in the game yesterday. Given this, I'm not at all an expert in medicine so I'm not sure what benefit having a MRI at the field would be. It seems they did the right thing, got the player stabilized and sent him to a higher level facility.

I'll also say without being an expert it would have been more beneficial to have an MRI to check out if Josh Allen was concussed, but that's a different subject.

Right on the money, Sam. Zach Wilson was the second pick in the draft. He has ALL the physical tools to be a franchise QB. The problem with some fans is we remember the bad games this kid has had over the last 2 years. Players CAN improve. Wilson has all the tools.

The Jets showed the other night that they CAN play great defense. They have a lot of offensive pieces, which includes the best running duo in the league in Hall and Cooks. Great Defense, Great Running game and even with a DECENT QB you can contend.

Losing Rodgers is just delicious karma for Jet fans; All the **** they've been talking this off season is pure delite for me, who never liked Rodgers. But just remember who won that game.

BTW- How a team looks in game one, ESPECIALLY in the era where so little work is done by the starters during preseason, is not indicative of what a team is going to look like in the middle of October.
Nah. Wilson hasn't had one outstanding game in his career. He had exactly ONE semi-decent game his first year. He's pretty much proven (to me at least) that he hasn't got the head to be a winning NFL QB.

1st rounder
2 2nd rounders
Huge contract/cap space

This is so JETE.
I believe the first rounder was a swap of picks 13 for 15
They will not need to give up next years first because he obviously wont play 65% of snaps
But 2 second rounders and one sixth rounder and swap of picks is a lot

I believe the first rounder was a swap of picks 13 for 15
They will not need to give up next years first because he obviously wont play 65% of snaps
But 2 second rounders and one sixth rounder and swap of picks is a lot
... especially since they were the only bidder ...

I wish this would happen. A bonus year of Brady..The Pats/Jets rivalry on steroids....Talk about entertainment! Thats what football is supposed to be folks.
No way. Two reasons.
1) Brady's not going to wreck his legacy by playing for this clown circus. The Glazers are a class act and Brady knew it.
2) The Jets couldn't pay him enough: they're already effed on the Cap and TB12 (did you see the pictures of his new yacht?) is not coming out of retirement for less than they gave Rodgers. Maybe $100 million guaranteed for one season with an option on a second, but even Woody Johnson isn't dumb enough to do that...but, come to think of it, he might be.

Brady cruised in his 40s without missing a single game due to injury. Rodgers went...POOF! This make me appreciate Tom even more with his Legendary durability. I wish Rodgers a happy retirement and Jets continued misery.

Nah. Wilson hasn't had one outstanding game in his career. He had exactly ONE semi-decent game his first year. He's pretty much proven (to me at least) that he hasn't got the head to be a winning NFL QB.
Remember Jeff George? All of the physical ability in the world, decision making ability approaching none.

That was fast. Rodgers is already telling the media how this was his coaches’ fault.

The playcall was a quick slant over the middle and he had a receiver open but chose to freelance. There was a thread on one of the Jets forums but I think it got deleted. Clear screenshot of a well designed play. Cut block opened up passing land.

It's mostly all paid out too, in the form of a $35M bonus this season and a $35M bonus guaranteed for next season.

If you look at the numbers it's worse for da Jete than I thought.

They more or less presume that he's playing not just this this year and next, but also da Jete really need him to play and restructure in 2025 as well:

The actual cash they’re paying is irrelevant to the cap hit. They could pay him all $75M on day one but structure it so that they’re paying only $1M in cap space this year and $74M kicked into later years. Indeed that’s close to what they actually did…only $9M this year with $66M due. They can do whatever they want for cap gymnastics and kick it down the road to spread it out over 6 years, but they will still be paying $66M in total space at some point.

Meh. It wasn't a bad hit that caused the injury. The recipe for disaster for the Jets was giving up what they did to acquire Rodgers just a few months shy of age 40. This is the Brady effect IMO. GMs think these great Qbs can do what Brady did because Brady made it look so seamless and actually played some of the best football of his career in his 40s. Brady was a unicorn and it is rather ironic that the team who launched Brady's career (thank you Mo Lewis) is the one betting on an aging great QB to do what Brady did and their season effectively ended on its 4th offensive play.
But...
**** Bill Belichick for not seeing the unicorn coming in his rear view mirror like all you assholes did, right?

Apologies if already posted.
IMO rather sad if this was his fate that he wasn't in a Packers uniform.

Allen did a pretty good job of making himself look mortal.
U think so? After wich INT 2nd or 3rd? That jets defense is a problem as I said for all offenses.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back