PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RUMOR: Revis "to hit the market?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Jets wanna give Revis 20+ that would suck pretty bad. Don't see how he could take 14 here and pass up qb money. On the bright side, we would have major capital available if that happened.

According to my sources close to the situation the Jets are soon to announce a 5-year 100 million dollar deal with Patriots CB Darelle Revis. Before anybody gets upset, Jets owner Woody Johnson's secretary personally called Patriots owner Robert Kraft and apologized. Sucks but, it is what it is.

Incarceratedbob weighs in with this tweet that i copied from twitter on my tablet...

**NFL BREAKING NEWS**
Patriots very close to sealing deal with #Revis #IBN sources saying deal is imminent Darrelle staying in Foxboro #IBN
Next time Bob is right will be the first time.

Incarceratedbob weighs in with this tweet that i copied from twitter on my tablet...

**NFL BREAKING NEWS**
Patriots very close to sealing deal with #Revis #IBN sources saying deal is imminent Darrelle staying in Foxboro #IBN

You know what that means? He will re-sign with the Bucs on Wednesday after the Pats decline to pick up the option.

According to my sources close to the situation the Jets are soon to announce a 5-year 100 million dollar deal with Patriots CB Darelle Revis. Before anybody gets upset, Jets owner Woody Johnson's secretary personally called Patriots owner Robert Kraft and apologized. Sucks but, it is what it is.

Too close to seeming real for comfort.

What offer do u feel they put out there for him?

I think the guaranteed money will be the biggest key as usual, but I don't imagine the Patriots to be offering him contracts that far outweigh those recently signed by Sherman and Peterson--which was really my only point.

We have to remember that when the Pats brought Revis in last year at 12m dollars, he was the highest paid CB in the league. I'd have a hard time seeing another 25 percent increase up to 15m dollars AAV, but that's just my opinion. Perhaps you are right, or at least closer to the actual numbers than I am. We'll find out soon enough.

I have no problem with the Patriots going top dollar on Revis, he's earned it and he worth it, but I have a real problem with the Jets driving the price up to 20 million through the owner's comments and selective leaking. This really is the most egregious example of tampering ever and it should be punished as such whether they get him or not. He is not a free agent and allowing teams to treat him like one is outrageous. Imo if it comes down to the Jets advertising that they will give Revis 20 million a season then the Patriots should call their bluff and pick up the option and give themselves both another season to work out a deal and keep the Jets from screwing them. And as much as I didn't like the idea initially it may be the smartest approach to the issue as opposed to handing him 80 million or so right now. They are already in for five so pay the rest and work out a long term deal over the next season, or try to sign him after the season when he will be looking at 31 and demand may not be so high

Picking up the option means 100% that McCourty is gone and I don't like being forced into that.

I think the guaranteed money will be the biggest key as usual, but I don't imagine the Patriots to be offering him contracts that far outweigh those recently signed by Sherman and Peterson--which was really my only point.

We have to remember that when the Pats brought Revis in last year at 12m dollars, he was the highest paid CB in the league. I'd have a hard time seeing another 25 percent increase up to 15m dollars AAV, but that's just my opinion. Perhaps you are right, or at least closer to the actual numbers than I am. We'll find out soon enough.

Sup, he was coming off a 16 million a season deal and made sure he got that with the Patriots it was just spread out by bonus. He's worth the 16 million and I think that would have gotten done prior to Woody Johnson making it clear he will pay him QB money. That being the case of the Patriots can't get Revis to sign a deal around 16 a season with 40-45 guarantee d on a 4 year deal then I would pick up the option and then work out a long term deal with him. F.ck the Jets.

Sup, he was coming off a 16 million a season deal and made sure he got that with the Patriots it was just spread out by bonus. He's worth the 16 million and I think that would have gotten done prior to Woody Johnson making it clear he will pay him QB money. That being the case of the Patriots can't get Revis to sign a deal around 16 a season with 40-45 guarantee d on a 4 year deal then I would pick up the option and then work out a long term deal with him. F.ck the Jets.
The 16 million dollars that he made previously was a very odd deal, since it allowed the Bucs to cut him at the end of every season. Obviously, they had to give Revis some type of incentive to want to play there, which was done under the idea of a "franchise tag" type deal which was fully guaranteed each and every year that he stayed there. Obviously as we all know, that deal did not last long....

Either way, I find many flaws in looking to that deal and somehow thinking that it "set the market," because it did not. When Revis initially came here less than ONE year ago, his 12m dollar deal was instantly the highest in the entire game.

As far as the NYJ being rumored to "offer him QB money," what the hell does that really tell us, aside from the fact that they are willing to offer something comparative to the current CB deals recently signed by Sherman and Peterson (14m dollars AAV)? Even Tom Brady and Peyton Manning aren't making much more (if any more), so I don't think anyone should automatically jump to the idea that the Jets are somehow going to pay him 16-18 million dollars a year. We will know soon enough, but the Patriots are very unlikely to offer Revis "16 million a year on a 4 year deal" in my opinion.

Last edited:
Picking up the option means 100% that McCourty is gone and I don't like being forced into that.

McCourty may likely be gone anyway, since I have a difficult time seeing how the team can afford to pay that much money in the secondary.

Revis, Browner, McCourty, Arrington....those are all significant deals, and that's not even including guys like Chung, and the rookie contracts of Wilson, Butler, and Harmon.

Either way, you don't need to worry about Bill Belichick paying Darrelle Revis a 25m dollar cap hit this year. It will NEVER happen.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ater-guarantee-could-pry-revis-from-the-pats/

It sounds like Florio has a source in the Revis camp as he was the one to first say that Revis did not view the 2nd year as anything more than a cap trick.

So basically he's talked to Revis' agent and it seems like we're offering 2 years fully guaranteed while someone MIGHT be offering 3 years fully guaranteed and maybe slightly more money than us.

Florio (aka agent mouth piece) is basically saying it'll take a large difference in guaranteed money and average salary to get Revis to even THINK about leaving the Patriots.

To me this means he's staying if it takes a huge difference to even begin thinking about leaving, seems like similar stuff to last years Revis/Jets stories to get a few more dollars out of the Pats. He's as good as back IMO.

Also, Incarcerated Bob is right a lot of the time, people want to act like he's always wrong, he's probably right 70% of the time. That's good enough for me when the trade off is news 24-48 hours early. He's especially good with Jets/Revis stuff being based in NY, he had our interest in Revis around the combine last year well before we lost Talib. Bob says the deal is imminent and I believe him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ater-guarantee-could-pry-revis-from-the-pats/

It sounds like Florio has a source in the Revis camp as he was the one to first say that Revis did not view the 2nd year as anything more than a cap trick.

So basically he's talked to Revis' agent and it seems like we're offering 2 years fully guaranteed while someone MIGHT be offering 3 years fully guaranteed and maybe slightly more money than us.

Florio (aka agent mouth piece) is basically saying it'll take a large difference in guaranteed money and average salary to get Revis to even THINK about leaving the Patriots.

To me this means he's staying if it takes a huge difference to even begin thinking about leaving, seems like similar stuff to last years Revis/Jets stories to get a few more dollars out of the Pats. He's as good as back IMO.

Also, Incarcerated Bob is right a lot of the time, people want to act like he's always wrong, he's probably right 70% of the time. That's good enough for me when the trade off is news 24-48 hours early. He's especially good with Jets/Revis stuff being based in NY, he had our interest in Revis around the combine last year well before we lost Talib. Bob says the deal is imminent and I believe him.

Giving Bob way too much credit...what he says means nothing to me.

I really haven't known Bob to be right about anything. He pretty much regurgitates things he hears and makes it his. Probably stole this from Cole and paints it as definite instead of rumor. I wish I could feel good about Bob's comment, but he's been wrong so many times I can't get excited about his tweet, no matter how much I want to.

I really haven't known Bob to be right about anything. He pretty much regurgitates things he hears and makes it his. Probably stole this from Cole and paints it as definite instead of rumor. I wish I could feel good about Bob's comment, but he's been wrong so many times I can't get excited about his tweet, no matter how much I want to.

95% of my post was about Florios report not Bob, I think people just lose their minds when the name IncarceratedBob is mentioned on here and ignore everything else. Most signs point to him resigning, especially Florio saying it would take a substantial offer higher than the Pats to get Revis to even think about leaving. I bet he is signed by tomorrow night.

You're agreeing with Bob because what he's saying you want to be true.

His method is simple. If enough people hit him with a rumor similar in nature, he runs with it, works off legitimate news sources then posts it as his own "source". From there, he throws out as many darts as possible hoping one will stick then on the off chance one rumor eventuates, retweets the bejesus out of it much like network marketers bombard others with their stupid, money grabbing message. He would be luck if his hit rate is 15%.

Moving on from IBN, I doubt Florio has a mole or a source in the Revis camp. Nobody has a ****ing clue what's going to happen with the Patriots, Jets and Revis. All we know is the Jets have attempted to tamper with Revis and will offer him a prized contract.

You're agreeing with Bob because what he's saying you want to be true.

His method is simple. If enough people hit him with a rumor similar in nature, he runs with it, works off legitimate news sources then posts it as his own "source". From there, he throws out as many darts as possible hoping one will stick then on the off chance one rumor eventuates, retweets the bejesus out of it much like network marketers bombard others with their stupid, money grabbing message. He would be luck if his hit rate is 15%.

Moving on from IBN, I doubt Florio has a mole or a source in the Revis camp. Nobody has a ****ing clue what's going to happen with the Patriots, Jets and Revis. All we know is the Jets have attempted to tamper with Revis and will offer him a prized contract.

Florio has sources, if you choose to believe no one has any idea what is going on about anything then I'd wait for Patriots.com to put out a press release. Bob's hit rate is much higher than people want to give him credit for, I've talked to him through twitter a bit he's not just "throwing darts", you can believe what you'd like.

Florio has sources, if you choose to believe no one has any idea what is going on about anything then I'd wait for Patriots.com to put out a press release. Bob's hit rate is much higher than people want to give him credit for, I've talked to him through twitter a bit he's not just "throwing darts", you can believe what you'd like.
I've disagreed with your post because nothing I have observed online suggests Incarcerated Bob enjoys a high hit rate. The only person who hits is Adam Schefter and he generally knows it's a done deal. He makes announcements rather than working with rumors like our other two conversation topics. Also, Florio is a professional darts player. He has sources but misses as much as the average reporter.

I fear that if Revis hits the market, that Blubbatoothed Toe-swallower will pounce on him and inhale the poor Revis before he even gets two feet down the produce aisle. Please keep Revis AWAY from any food sources, chocolate cake bakeries, MMA fights or ice cream parlors.

I am gonna start getting nervous if nothing happens tomorrow. Losing
Dmac will suck. If they do then they have to make some type of signing on the dl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe