PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RUMOR: Revis "to hit the market?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping a favorable Revis deal comes down soon. We have other business to attend to no matter the outcome.

Miquel stated in one of my comments that Brady is to make 14 million this year. I do know Brady is playing for less than he could get if he were a pig at a trough like the others. I believe with that philosophy stressed by the Pats, Revis cannot make more per year than Brady. He has not yet earned that role of being payed higher than our Franchise player.

We can argue that Revis is worth more than the 14 mil figure just not with this team. It is how we always did business and it has been successful. Brady may be fine with leaving money on the table to strengthen the team. Not to leave it for someone else to come in for one year's worth of service to surpass his discounted salary.

I love Revis and want him here I just think the above needs to be taken in consideration.

When you cite to Miguel, you need to be careful of your wording. Brady's not getting paid $14m this year. He's getting $8m this year. He'll count for $14m against the cap.

@CharlesRobinson: Not sure it's news at this point, but Darrelle Revis is down to #Patriots or #Jets. Water is wet. Fire is hot.

Anyone surprised Revis has ruled out the probably 16-18 million dollar Raiders offers out there?

@CharlesRobinson: Not sure it's news at this point, but Darrelle Revis is down to #Patriots or #Jets. Water is wet. Fire is hot.

Anyone surprised Revis has ruled out the probably 16-18 million dollar Raiders offers out there?
I wonder how it can be down to the Patriots and the Jets? Until the Patriots turn down the 12 mil bonus,
Revis is under contract for 2016. Not an unrestricted free agent. Last I read the Patriots had not begun
negotiations. Collusion. Collusion. Collusion.

That's ok, everybody does it..........

I still wonder if Revis is just using the Jets to drive up his price with the Pats. I still don't know why he would want to go back at this point other than money.

Based on this past week, I don't know if this regime is any better than the last regime. And Rex is no longer coaching the Jets who Revis loves. Why would he want to be part of it?

It would make sense though that he would use the Jets as leverage. He probably feels the last thing Belichick would want to do is lose out to the Jets for his services.

Why NOT use the Jets as leverage? After all the billionaire owner is on public record that he'll pay whatever to re-sign Revis.

Uh, oh! :eek:

I wonder how it can be down to the Patriots and the Jets? Until the Patriots turn down the 12 mil bonus,
Revis is under contract for 2016. Not an unrestricted free agent. Last I read the Patriots had not begun

The league looks at tampering as expected and no big deal. You only get in trouble if you are too dumb to keep it hidden. Even then (like with the Dolphins and Suh), there seems to be little concerns by the league when teams flaunt that they are circumventing the rules. Basically someone has to actually file charges and there has to be hard evidence to get the league to even acknowledge that a team may have tampered.

Hell, both Mike Reiss and Mike Florio both stated this weekend that the Jets and Revis are talking and even though it is technically tampering, it is common practice.

At this point idc anymore. Mevis is milking this decision. Thanks for the ring and dont let the door hit your behind!

Why NOT use the Jets as leverage? After all the billionaire owner is on public record that he'll pay whatever to re-sign Revis.

Uh, oh! :eek:

The Jets owner and GM were/are negotiating with Revis this weekend. I am sure Belichick knows that Johnson is stupid enough to set the market (even after Suh's deal) even if Johnson didn't say anything.

At this point idc anymore. Mevis is milking this decision. Thanks for the ring and dont let the door hit your behind!

Ah yes how dare this player - the best at his position in the league and instrumental for a Super Bowl win last year - weigh his options and negotiate to get the best deal possible.

Ah yes how dare this player - the best at his position in the league and instrumental for a Super Bowl win last year - weigh his options and negotiate to get the best deal possible.

Not if its down to us and the lousy jests!! Just go after the check and be prepared to lose. I hope the pats dont budge. The jets will offer more but its not like the pats are offering chump change.

Not if its down to us and the lousy jests!! Just go after the check and be prepared to lose. I hope the pats dont budge. The jets will offer more but its not like the pats are offering chump change.

Please, tell us exactly what the Patriots are offering Revis as of this moment.

Another factor is that I don't think revis would factor into the comp pick formula since we would be releasing him... We all know how BB loves his draft picks

Please, tell us exactly what the Patriots are offering Revis as of this moment.

Idk but its not more then the jests lol. I just want this to be over. The pats name speaks for itself. I am grateful that he helped us win a championship but its mevis! Lol

And why do you believe that there are ZERO other teams that might provide an acceptable offer to Revis?

The negotiations go on. Why does anyone think that the jets are the only team in the NFL that would an acceptable Revis deal on the table?

I can hear his agent now. Unless you give us a deal too good to walk away from, we'll look at our option on Wednesday.

Why wouldn't this be the "automatic" strategy of Revis? What does Revis have to lose by waiting until Wednesday.

Sure the patriot could play hardball and make an offer that is good until noon tomorrow and say that after that, the team will move on and the deal offered will not be offered again.
===========
That being said, I suspect that there is a number (guaranteed money and years) that Revis would accept from the patriots to sign in the next 24 hours.
===========
Everyone is sure that if team can't make a deal now, that it follows that the team won't be able to make a deal on Wednesday.
============
WHY IS IT THAT
the patriots cannot make a deal with McCourty or Revis or Vereen or anyone else after Tuesday at 4. Are the patriots that uncompetitive in what they offer free agents? Obviously, that isn't true. Belichick has been able to secure free agents in the past.
==========
THE BOTTOM LINE
seems to be that we posters do not believe that the patriots are willing to offer near market offers to McCourty or Revis. IMHO, if the offers were close on Wednesday, both players would chose the patriots. And no, I ma not talking about outrageous deals from non-contenders. Obviously, if the players are willing to play for scrub teams, then they will gets lots and lots of money.

THAT BEING SAID
The patriots and the agents all understand the situation and the market. If the patriots want to sign Revis in the next 24 hours, they will pay a premium for not waiting. With regard to McCourty, the competition is on NOW. He most likely has offers from other teams to use in his continuing negotiations.

Last edited:
Ted Wells should be checking phone records of Jets and fins and be interviewing 40+ people. Oh wait we don't care about them.

When you cite to Miguel, you need to be careful of your wording. Brady's not getting paid $14m this year. He's getting $8m this year. He'll count for $14m against the cap.
My apologies to Miquel then. Revis should not make more than $14/year against the cap this year and be on par with Brady's cap number on future years

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back