PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RUMOR: Revis "to hit the market?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, and I'll even take it one step further and say that Curran is generally a good reporter. I realize that I may place him a bit higher than the average reader, however, but I think he's decent.

Hes gotten better since BB started using him as a channel and feeding him league dirty laundry.

Technically there isn't supposed to be tampering with Revis, however both Reiss and Florio have both suggested that this has been occurring, and is generally a widespread practice in the NFL.

I know it's widespread..why i find this "legal" tampering period an absolute joke. FA doesn't start Tuesday..it started yesterday

There can't be tampering with revis..which is why i am not sure he brought up revis name..mccourty yes

I'd bet my first born that Revis and his camp have a definitive understanding of who is interested and what kind of guaranteed money they are willing to commit.

I'd bet my first born that Revis and his camp have a definitive understanding of who is interested and what kind of guaranteed money they are willing to commit.

Oh everyone in the world knows the Jets are interested and could pay him like a QB

So, Curran is saying that there has been lots of illegal tampering with regard to Revis?

Or is Curran saying that 2 days of legal tampering gives us information on bot Revis and Mccourty,

Everyone has been saying there has been illegal tampering with Revis. Both Mike Reiss and Mike Florio said that Revis' agent have been in contact with other teams.

Tampering is apparently legal now. Unless the league comes down on the Dolphins, Eagles, and whoever else came to deals with other team's free agents today, it is quite clear that the league doesn't care about tampering.

Well, PHI just signed CB Byron Maxwell to a large contract--so that likely removes them from bidding for Darrelle Revis.
Before we start going ga ga over the Maxwell report, we should wait until we see all the details before we think this contract will blow the top off the CB market. For example, I found it very interesting that the deal wasbeing reported at $11MM/yr for 5 years and $25MM that's guaranteed. That's only $5MM/yr in guaranteed money. Everything else could be fluff or unlikely to be achieved. The devil is in the details

Last edited:
What has he gotten right?

What has he gotten wrong?

Also McCourty was a weekly guest on Curran's tv show this season. He most definitely has a line of communication to Devin.

Also McCourty was a weekly guest on Curran's tv show this season. He most definitely has a line of communication to Devin.
No, I was seriously asking. I don't follow Curran.

My apologies to Miquel then. Revis should not make more than $14/year against the cap this year and be on par with Brady's cap number on future years

I can tell you from personal experience that "Miquel" does not like his name butchered. :(

Some Comments on the Comments

1. I was dead wrong in my prediction that something would be done by Friday. I completely misread what the Pats basic off sea\son strategy would be.

Grasshopper,
When you have been following the Patriots assiduously as long as your elders you will no longer make these youthful exuberance mistakes.

Everyone has been saying there has been illegal tampering with Revis. Both Mike Reiss and Mike Florio said that Revis' agent have been in contact with other teams.

Tampering is apparently legal now. Unless the league comes down on the Dolphins, Eagles, and whoever else came to deals with other team's free agents today, it is quite clear that the league doesn't care about tampering.

Could not agree more, Rob. You Da Man!

That's a great point.

Just a gut feeling but I believe if the pats get Revis back, the chances of retaining mccourty go up, those two seemed to really like playing together and know just how good they work with each other.

So, Curran is saying that there has been lots of illegal tampering with regard to Revis?

Or is Curran saying that 2 days of legal tampering gives us information on bot Revis and Mccourty,

Since he's been saying that Revis is probably coming back for a while now, it's likely about McCourty.

"Tampering" is indeed legal for the last three days of the season. However, this tampering is legal only with regard to contacting free agents.

Revis is not a free agent. Media folks who know of actual contacts should report this to league offices. Patriot fans have made a big deal of open statements of the obvious by a stupid owner. Actual behind the scenes discussions with Revis are clearly illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back