PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stevan Ridley....

Status
Not open for further replies.
For god's sake, who ever brought up "BJGE doesn't fumble" should be taken out to the woodshed! BJGE is gone, long gone, please deal with it!!

Ridley is our feature running back. He is up in the top producers of running backs yet he isn't as sure handed as BJGE (as few are). If you can find a way to meld Ridley's higher production with BJGE's sure hands into one running back, please contact BB right away. Otherwise get over it :bricks:

Peterson has a history of fumbling. I don't see the Vikings hanging him out to dry.

He was carrying the ball away from his body, that's just asking for it to be stripped.

Has to treat that ball like fine crystal. He has to understand he is a featured back along with Vareen & Bolden that they along with Receivers go hand in hand with H'up No'h moving chains scoring points. Weather conditions were on both teams Woodhead adapted well. Get Gronk Back and I still like our chances no matter who/where we play. As bad as it was last nite Pats still could have pulled it out.

BB hates RB who fumbles Ridley will not be getting any touches this off season he fumbled last week near the EZ one Hernandez recovered. Ridley is on my you know what list i dont like him...Ridley just lost his job to Bodden who is not a fumbler. Ridler = Fumbler!:mad:

Peterson has a history of fumbling. I don't see the Vikings hanging him out to dry.

Ridley is not the Great AP! you got to be kidding me with that comparison. I have a feeling Ridley will not be getting any touches for a long time.

BB is hovering over a practice ball as we speak saying "Rain!!!, we're predicting rain in the forecast...gonna get some rain"..as he emptys a whole water bottle on a football....

He was carrying the ball away from his body, that's just asking for it to be stripped.

That was also Kevin Faulk's problem when he first started, but he fixed it. Hopefully, Ridley will do the same.

Let's not overreact here.

- Each Ridley/Vereen had one fumble the whole game.
- They were both big but fumbles happen sooner or later. Especially in conditions like this. Did you see how many 49ers fumbled, and how many drops we had?
- This remains the only time a fumble by either one had a major factor in a game. Again, it was bound to happen sooner or later, EVERYBODY fumbles the ball even Danny Woodhead (AFCC anyone?). Let's be thankful this wasn't a playoff game and hope it won't be a playoff game in the future.
- The run game is still the best most dynamic one we've seen since 2004. If you check the stats nobody runs on the 49ers and Texans very well.

The 'bench Ridley' crap is silly. Brady had two picks. Maybe we should bench him? C'mon. :deadhorse:

In approximately the same number of touches this year, BJGE has 3 fumbles, Ridley has 4. Hall of Fame running backs Dorsett, Payton and ****erson averaged about 8 per year.

And any drop off in performance that coincides with Gronkowski's absence may suggest that Gronkowski is a better blocker than the alternatives. and/or that the run defenses that the Pats are facing are simply better than the ones faced earlier in the season.

It was a bad game for most of the game offensively. Ridley has the second gear BJGE did not have, so you take the good with the bad (yards in exchange for a 0 fumble expectation). I am not reading too much into this one performance after a series of good performances.

Ridley just needs to learn to take care of the damn ball. Watch him carry the ball, a lot of times he doesn't even secure it in his arms. With his wild way of running, it scares me sometimes. Belichick might not have him in the starting lineup next game but he's still our featured back.

Everyone and their mom fumbled the ball in this game.

Not Woodhead.

And at least when he fumbled the ball against the Texans Woodhead had the sense to fumble it to a waiting Lloyd in the endzone.

The second fumble was a perfectly placed hit that jarred the ball loose. I'm really not sure how he was supposed to prevent that. And singling him out when the offense as a whole turned the ball over all throughout the first half doesn't make sense to me either. Methinks you need to calm down a little. :)

The second fumble was a perfectly placed hit that jarred the ball loose. I'm really not sure how he was supposed to prevent that. And singling him out when the offense as a whole turned the ball over all throughout the first half doesn't make sense to me either. Methinks you need to calm down a little. :)

Yeah - before this season I would have preferred BJGE to Ridley but at this point any complaints about Ridley feel offbase and kneejerk. He's had a great year. He fumbled the ball but that is what you get with any RB who isn't BJGE. On the flip side he's given us more 9+ yard runs than BJGE.

When you put a helmet on the ball like that it's tough not to see the ball come loose. However as a running back ball security is the number 1 priority. Things are going a million miles an hour and you've got to raise your elbow and shoulder to avoid that impact. Don't fault him for it because it's a split second decision but in the end he lost the ball. In a perfect world Gronkowski would of been blocking in that area where the fumble occurred. Doubt it would of happened had he been there.

Yeah - before this season I would have preferred BJGE to Ridley but at this point any complaints about Ridley feel offbase and kneejerk. He's had a great year. He fumbled the ball but that is what you get with any RB who isn't BJGE. On the flip side he's given us more 9+ yard runs than BJGE.

Ridley is HELLA lot more fun to watch than BJGE though..

..except when he aint. :nooo:

Last edited:
When you put a helmet on the ball like that it's tough not to see the ball come loose. However as a running back ball security is the number 1 priority. Things are going a million miles an hour and you've got to raise your elbow and shoulder to avoid that impact. Don't fault him for it because it's a split second decision but in the end he lost the ball. In a perfect world Gronkowski would of been blocking in that area where the fumble occurred. Doubt it would of happened had he been there.

The defender shot in like a bat out of Hell and the hit couldn't have been placed more perfectly. Walter Payton and Barry Sanders both would have fumbled the football in those conditions.

You're actually wrong.

BJGE has more plays of both 20+ and 40+ yards this year than Ridley does. Pretty crazy huh?

Yards:

Ridley: 1,105
BJGE: 1,080

YPG:

Ridley: 4.5
BJGE: 4.1

plays of 20+ yards

Ridley: 6
BJGE: 7

plays of 40+ yards

Ridley:1
BJGE: 2