PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is a realistic three year plan?

My problem with drafting like that is every other team knows that’s what we want to do and will jump in front of us at every opportunity
True, however the hope is other teams start jockeying around the board and we stay at 3. Will that actually happen?

No patience at all the last 3 years. Like bratty children clamoring for what they had before.
Well.. the trajectory was going upward 3 seasons ago, the QB play deterioration, the bad coaching decisions, the product on the field was so bad offensively pretty hard to be patient if you're a fan when you are used to seeing great QB play and great coaching. We had neither! Ownership works for the paying customers.!

I just dont see a last place schedule here.

lxzwwycmrpczrz2ibyts.jpg
Who's the quarterback?

If it's Mac Jones or Bailey Zappe that's a 5 win schedule, until we get a serious quarterback upgrade when you have the worst quarterback in the Division you're in trouble.

I think next year could be a dumpster fire. Without an OC hire at this point a Mac and McDaniels reunion with some better receivers ( who will have to be able to pick up the EP system quickly) may be the best we can do offensively.

I think next year could be a dumpster fire. Without an OC hire at this point a Mac and McDaniels reunion with some better receivers ( who will have to be able to pick up the EP system quickly) may be the best we can do offensively.

Did you know that the last HC possession wasn't filled until Valentines day last year? I know as a fanbase we haven't gone through this in a long time, but hiring people takes time.

Did you know that the last HC possession wasn't filled until Valentines day last year? I know as a fanbase we haven't gone through this in a long time, but hiring people takes time.

...and last last coordinator position was filled on Feb 28th.

Who's the quarterback?

If it's Mac Jones or Bailey Zappe that's a 5 win schedule, until we get a serious quarterback upgrade when you have the worst quarterback in the Division you're in trouble.
Dont talk about Corky like that.

Y’all delusional. Mayo has to win a playoff game inside of three seasons of he’s out. That’s the precedent.

Will he?

Don’t know.

But he isn’t getting the rope Bill did.

Well.. the trajectory was going upward 3 seasons ago, the QB play deterioration, the bad coaching decisions, the product on the field was so bad offensively pretty hard to be patient if you're a fan when you are used to seeing great QB play and great coaching. We had neither! Ownership works for the paying customers.!
No it wasn't. You bought some fools gold. That was an old defense, literally six 30+ year old starters on D. All gone now. The same basic problems at WR, the same OL actually except for Cole Strange and Sidy Sow. They had Wynn and Trent Brown. Basically the same offense, plus Jakobi (who BB wanted) and a rookie QB who hadn't been scouted yet. That team was going nowhere, the defense couldn't force a punt. The offense had horrible Mac at its helm.

If Ownership listens to the cries and clamoring of the paying customers, it will lose for an eternity. You need a real plan to win. As for years of getting used to seeing Tom Brady, that's exactly what I'm talking about. To misquote the basketball people, "Tom Brady isn't coming through that door." People got so used to the winning that they blew up a rebuild in the middle of it

On a previous post, I remarked that theoretically if everything fell into place (Coaching Staff, Personnel Staff/Drafting and Personnel Moves/ Cap Management and whatever is applicable), we could have a Playoff Team in as soon as 3 years. And in no more than 5 years (although possible in 3 to 4), we could have a legit Super Bowl Contender/Winner. Suffice it to say, one person tore me a metaphorical new butt hole and stated that such was being overly optimistic. Their tone was also very angry and generally insulting (and I'm by no means easily offended, nor was I). They obviously didn't comprehend the conditions that I stated, as I just did here. Based on the moves that I've seen thus far (or lack thereof), I'm not yet impressed with the direction of our team. However, I'm willing to give the new HC and Ownership and such the benefit of the doubt until we see what develops. One thing is certain, we'll have a better idea of what to expect and where the team is headed by the end of the upcoming season.

I think this might be the quickest path to relevancy.

Resign onwenu, Henry , P brown
In FA overpay for Tee Higgins and T Smith
Draft MHJ in r1 and trade up to late 20s to get the best remaining OT as swing tackle.

Trade / cut Parker and JuJu.

And have a OC who will be here for at least 2 more years .

If Mac stinks draft a qb in 2025 or 2026. At least you will have a decent team to start off with in 2025.

If we sign daniels and he stinks we need to draft a wr1 and a qb1 again.

If pittman / higgins don't sign here we are In a pretty tough spot . Then we need to sign Bourne and hope teams double teaming MHJ will lead to bourne becoming a very good wr 2 / 1 .5
I like your ideas I would change and draft the QB in 2024 then keep or trade in 2025 instead of waiting until 2025 to draft one if needed. good job

No it wasn't. You bought some fools gold. That was an old defense, literally six 30+ year old starters on D. All gone now. The same basic problems at WR, the same OL actually except for Cole Strange and Sidy Sow. They had Wynn and Trent Brown. Basically the same offense, plus Jakobi (who BB wanted) and a rookie QB who hadn't been scouted yet. That team was going nowhere, the defense couldn't force a punt. The offense had horrible Mac at its helm.

If Ownership listens to the cries and clamoring of the paying customers, it will lose for an eternity. You need a real plan to win. As for years of getting used to seeing Tom Brady, that's exactly what I'm talking about. To misquote the basketball people, "Tom Brady isn't coming through that door." People got so used to the winning that they blew up a rebuild in the middle of it
I see your point, however we made the playoffs 3 seasons ago. 3 seasons later we have a new coach! That is all you have to see!!!

I thought it was to move in a different direction, yet all the same coaches are atill here. Honestly don’t know what the point about getting rid of Bill if only to be rid of the gm. What a disappointment so far.

I see your point, however we made the playoffs 3 seasons ago. 3 seasons later we have a new coach! That is all you have to see!!!
And we rinse and repeat and do it again and again and again. That's how other teams who don't have patience do it.

Let's see.
If they bring in Tannehill they might make a WC spot next season.

If they don't get one of the top 3 QB's and settle for Nix or someone else, they can forget the playoffs for the foreseeable future.
Tannehill and QB at 3 leads to a possible WC
Tannehill and a QB at 10 leads to no playoffs for the foreseeable future.

Got it!

Good for you.

They have a very good defense, and if they get help at WR and OT he’s a good enough QB to get them to a playoff game.

If they don’t take a QB in the top 3 in this draft they won’t have a QB for the future, as next years draft sucks at QB, and that means we are talking about them drifting through the coming years using everybody else’s castoffs to patch together the most important position on the team, and that almost always means sucking.

Whether it’s Williams, Maye, or Daniels this is the best opportunity to get a really good young QB that the Patriots are going to have for quite a while, and they need to take it, and then build a team and coaching staff around them to make it work. That’s what every good team in the AFC has done to get there, and that’s exactly what they should do.

Whether it’s Williams, Maye, or Daniels this is the best opportunity to get a really good young QB that the Patriots are going to have for quite a while, and they need to take it

Yep, I took a look just to re-remind myself how important an elite QB is in the NFL.

Over the past 20 years only Nick Foles and Joe Flacco have won a superbowl and won’t be in the HOF. Assumes Big Ben, Eli, Russell Wilson make the hall with Rodger’s, Brees and Brady obvious locks.

QB are bust, and if doesn’t work you try again 3-4 years later. That is basically the NFL in a nutshell.

Try to get to at least league average on offense and ST year 1

I agree with these intermediate goals. Considering the last year of Carroll went 8-8 then the Pats send a 1st round pick to the Jets and BB goes 5-11 his first season before becoming the GOAT, my expectations for next year depending on the schedule of course will be initial growing pains then I'd hope to see an upward trajectory for the team at the end of the season with the defense staying consistent and as mentioned, league average on O and ST.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back