PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will football ever be fun for you again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I the Patriots and Brady are still unjustly punished for something they haven't committed, then NFL is ruined for me and I will revert back to strictly college football.
Were you a fan during Spygate or have you recently started watching football?

Bring back the XFL...

The Patriots have been robbed of the best player in the league for a quarter season and a first round draft pick, which is tantamount to a permanent suspension of a star player. Under the guise of "integrity" Goodell has on trivial evidence of a minor alleged infraction destroyed the integrity of the game by irrevocably tilting the playing field. I cannot abide my team playing with an arm and leg tied behind its back and will not support the NFL in any way shape or form unless the penalties are overturned.

It's sad. I love watching. But it is so infuriating.

Transparent. But people are really not.... Not at the league office. Troy Vincent came up w the punishment ? Really ? "More probable than not" it's Goodell's.

I love the Pats more than ever but I'm pretty dour over this.

I'll recover but every game I watch now I think the NFL is scheming a way to screw over the team.

Kinda sucks.

I've been around since the very first game the Pats ever played. It was always up and down, and crazy things happening until December, 1976. When Ben Dreith screwed us against the Raiders I thought I'd never recover, but I did. Occasional success until 2001 and then the dawn of a new era. Losing in 2006 in Indy, the SB losses to New Jersey and some other bad losses left me with that same feeling about never recovering, but I did. With all of that said, I'd be lying if I said this one hasn't really kicked the crap out of me with some measure of finality. I've always despised double standards and inequality and that's seemingly been the constant theme since 2007 - one set of rules for dealing with us an another set of rules for everyone else. They've worn me down and I hope I'll recover, but right now I'm not sure.

Bumping insightful thread

Actually now that the Pats and Brady seemed to be ready to fight this tooth and nail my loyalty to them has increased by orders of magnitude. I wouldn't miss this for the world. I hope the Pats go scorched earth on the league during the summer. Expose every tiny irregularity. Every inappropriate business tie. Every self-serving leaker. Then overload scoreboards from coast to coast once the season starts. There's no reason to try to be good soldiers or good sports anymore. Unleash the hounds!

We may end up being the savior of the league from all the corrupt bozos.

Yeah, thanks to the ridiculous investigation and persecution, this is fun right now. The Patriots are going from incredible to mythical, as in the labors of Hercules etc.

When they come out on top now, and vanquish the pasty faced son of privilege and no accomplishment, they will be legendary beyond the sport.

It's hilarious that his father, the Senator and Congressman, won neither office by election. He was appointed because someone died or left. What a legacy for goodballs.

Last edited:
I've been around since the very first game the Pats ever played. It was always up and down, and crazy things happening until December, 1976. When Ben Dreith screwed us against the Raiders I thought I'd never recover, but I did. Occasional success until 2001 and then the dawn of a new era. Losing in 2006 in Indy, the SB losses to New Jersey and some other bad losses left me with that same feeling about never recovering, but I did. With all of that said, I'd be lying if I said this one hasn't really kicked the crap out of me with some measure of finality. I've always despised double standards and inequality and that's seemingly been the constant theme since 2007 - one set of rules for dealing with us an another set of rules for everyone else. They've worn me down and I hope I'll recover, but right now I'm not sure.

And Fairbanks left and Parcells left and they lost the bankroll on th Jackson five etc. etc.

come on, man, we're blessed we'll still win the majority of 16 games and more playoffs and Super Bowls than the rest.

Difference is, we're also going to win a war and have the commissioners head on a spike.

Claritate Dextre = The right hand is clear.

BradyCrest.jpg

I survived Ben Dreith's precursor of things to come much later in my Patriot fan life. I'll survive these fumbling, ultramoronic years of complete buffoonery led by Mongodell. The pendulum will swing back to a more Tagliabue centric leader and the league WILL expand under THAT kind of leadership as the owners so very much desire. Right now the rest of the world sees Roger Goodell and the machinations of the NFL offices as further evidence of the "Ugly American" meme that has played to packed houses overseas since the Kennedy assassination.

Goodell can ruin a lot of things, but not my love for this game.

It'll sure be fun if we go on an FU tour like we did in 07. I hope this time we finish the deal though.

The day Goodell dies, I will have a drink to his memory. Hopefully I don't have to wait very long for my next drink.

I will wait a few months and then water the grass on his grave. With my fly unzipped.

I think all this "I'm done with the NFL" and "Is the NFL ever going to be fun for you again?" stuff is sort of childish and pointless. If you don't want to support the NFL anymore then that is one thing, but I think some folks just have been reacting too emotionally.

I think all this "I'm done with the NFL" and "Is the NFL ever going to be fun for you again?" stuff is sort of childish and pointless. If you don't want to support the NFL anymore then that is one thing, but I think some folks just have been reacting too emotionally.

You realize that "fun" and "not fun" are emotion based, right?

It'll be fun when the Pats win #5 at Superbowl 50 and everyone cries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents