PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Mac Jones "tank" us into the #1 Overall Pick? Is that why he's still our starter?

Lance got a 4th and he’s done way less in the league than Mac has. I think Pats should at least ask for that.
Potential always gets you more versus the body of work... Macs body of work shoes that he continually stinks

Lance got a 4th and he’s done way less in the league than Mac has. I think Pats should at least ask for that.

Lance was lucky enough not to start enough games to show how bad he really is. Mac has 20+ games showing his Uncle Rico impersonation.

Lance was pretty much Zack Wilson bad and Jerry made an awful decision to trade a 4th for him, but Mac doesn’t have any upside. A smart team would offer no more than a 6th round pick for him.

His downfall started with "dirty player" accusations; he was clearly affected by that baloney and had a dreadful game as a result (calling an NFL quarterback a "dirty" player is like (to paraphrase Apocalypse Now) handing out a speeding ticket at the Indianapolis Speedway). Since then he has been a mess, trying make up for lack of WR separation by forcing the ball and trying to make up of lack of protection by throwing on the run...both of which lead to disaster.

That's some mighty impressive mental gymnastics. So it's the fans who "made" Mac Jones hit guys in the nuts after the whistle? Those dirty plays are on him and nobody else. Mac Jones is just mentally fragile. And yes there are a few fragile people in the world and that's not so unusual, but that is not a quality fit for your starting QB in the NFL. The QB needs to be one of the most mentally tough people on the field because the team looks up to him to lead the offense. Mac Jones just doesn't have the mental makeup, the arm talent, or the composure to be a leader of grown men on a football field. And he's proved that through his play through 3 years.

Anyone who thinks that Mac sucks should watch his college highlights....and his first year with the Patriots.

Do you also watch the highlights of his sharp decline in his 1st year when he hit the rookie wall?

How about that game where he threw for only 19 yards against Buffalo and the coaches only allowed him to throw 3 times? Oh that's the wind game. Ok how about his second game against Buffalo where he went 14 for 32 for only 145 yards 0 TDs and 2 INTs? In his last 5 games Mac Jones threw only 6 TDs compared to 5 INTs and had an average rating of only 81.3, a sharp 10 point+ decline from his end year rating of 92.5.

Unfortunately for us, tail end of rookie year Mac Jones is the guy we've been getting ever since. He hasn't improved since his rookie year at all, quite the opposite, he's only declined! Mac Jones currently is sitting on 10 INTs vs 10 TDs and a QB rating of 80.2 slightly worse than his rookie year dip and he looks far less confident.

The Patriots, being what they are this year, will confound expectations and win against the Giants and a few other dodgy teams. I seriously doubt that they will end up with the number 3 pick.....more like number 8 or so.

If you think the Patriots are the 8th best team in the league you're sadly mistaken and again fail to appreciate what a YOKE around the neck of the offense Mac Jones has become. He's a literal albatross, a lead anchor, a negative scoring factor. Until the bye week hit Mac Jones was leading the league in Interceptions with 10. In fact the "Mac-ception" has become a term of dread. When will Mac Jones turn over the ball? At the worst possible time! It was a gut punch to the entire offense when he threw that pick against the Colts instead of hitting the wide open man in the endzone. The fall of Mac Jones is historic. It's like a Disney movie this year, insufferably LAME and BAD, predictably turning into a FLOP!

Last edited:
My choice is in for '24 season -
1. Sign Cousins, and either keep Zappe or Grier as #2, or get a guy like Mike White/Davis Mills (semi-young guy who needs a shot a la Dobbs) as insurance/future. (Trade up in 1st round, pick Harrison) re-sign Bourne, develop Pop, Boutte.
2. Trade down to mid - 1st, Draft Penix Jr. I'm starting to like him best out of the class. Plan to start him Day 1, and either keep Grier and/or Cunningham as a #2. (use extra picks to land LT, TE, DE) Sign #1 FA WR, keep above WRs.
I don't mind a veteran backup QB. We haven't had a decent one for years in New England. If Penix Jr. proves to be as good as you say he's gonna go early in the 1st. Because QB's are rightfully a premium commodity in the draft.

I feel like we will have an early enough pick to take a stab at a new franchise QB. We might have to talk to the bears but we have plenty of draft ammo to move up if we need to.

If you think the Patriots are the 8th best team in the league you're sadly mistaken and again fail to appreciate what a YOKE around the neck of the offense Mac Jones has become. He's a literal albatross, a lead anchor, a negative scoring factor. Until the bye week hit Mac Jones was leading the league in Interceptions with 10. In fact the "Mac-ception" has become a term of dread. When will Mac Jones turn over the ball? At the worst possible time! It was a gut punch to the entire offense when he threw that pick against the Colts instead of hitting the wide open man in the endzone. The fall of Mac Jones is historic. It's like a Disney movie this year, insufferably LAME and BAD, predictably turning into a FLOP!
Unfortunately the gut punch happened a lot earlier than that when GM BB ignored the deficient OL this past spring and swapped Meyers for a broken down Juju.

Lots of Mac vitriol, whatever that means, but I am not so sure. It is easy to blame the QB when a team sucks. I don't think that there is any QB that could win with the current OL and WRs. The line cannot protect Mac and cannot open running lanes. Combine that with WRs (with one exception) who cannot get open and the deck is stacked again any QB who would try to play here.

And yes, sigh, I expect that the Patriot will draft around 8th; the defense is good and if they can just get a small smidgen of offense,... And youse guys are gonna say, "Tanks for nuthin'"

Last edited:
Mac won’t be starter for much longer cause it’s zappy smurf’s time. The midget worked way harder than Mac this past offseason and it’s about to pay off. Mac will lose his job for good to the midget in week 5. Take it to the bank.
Send in the clowns

As a request, let’s not post actual personal pictures of members on this board, please.
Not sure why since that was posted by the member and it's all over the internet. What difference does it make?

Not sure why since that was posted by the member and it's all over the internet. What difference does it make?
Because all of you are on here with usernames you selected, not your real names. Just because someone discovered it and chose to google and post photos of that person doesn't make it cool, just like most people on here may not necessarily be comfortable with it either.

This actually came up with someone else years ago, and my stance remains the same on that. If the user is cool with it, that's their call - not anyone else's.

A perceptive man would of traded Mac after his fools gold rookie season so we could have robbed someone.

This actually came up with someone else years ago, and my stance remains the same on that. If the user is cool with it, that's their call - not anyone else's.
Probably me when I took PatriotsReign pic of him as a construction worker, that he posted, and put it on my avatar while I was torturing him. What ever happened to him. I miss him.

Reactions: Ian
Are you seriously saying that it's not in Bill's DNA to cheat and there's no chance he'd do it. Where have you been? He single handedly created the name Cheatriots.
It is not in his DNA to lose. Never has been, never will be. I just cannot see him tanking.

I think they’ll land a top 3 pick.

Mac will be traded this off-season whether Bill is in NE or not.

I would prefer not to trade him when he is at the low point in his career. The Patriots would get diddly-squat. That being said, BB has traded players for diddly-squat before, but usually because of behavior issues, not performance issues.

Reactions: Ian
Then why does BB decide to change QBs only when its too late?

Like the last game. Pats only needed 7 points and BB yanks Corky out with less than 2 minutes to go and no timeouts? If BB really wanted to win you pull the plug on Corky at the end of the 3rd quarter.

The other 2 games where Corky got the boot were 30 point deficits. by the time BB made the change.

Bill watches zappe every day in practice. Clearly he thinks Mac as bad as he is gives them the best chance to win.

Unless you somehow have a better read on zappe because you watched him play 3 games last year and some mop up duty than the coaching staff...

A perceptive man would of traded Mac after his fools gold rookie season so we could have robbed someone.

Trading your rookie QB after they have a good first season would be the dumbest move any GM would make. No teams do that even after poor rookie seasons.

Id they did josh Allen, Tua and Jaylen hurts wouldn't be with their current teams.

That's just a dumb dumb take

Assuming we draft someone this year and their first season is okay. I'm guessing we trade them? For fear they may end up being bad?

A perceptive man would have traded Mac after his fools gold rookie season so we could have robbed someone.
Zappe should have been the one traded after the Browns game. His value will never be that high again.

For that matter BB too so we didn’t have to stomach the Patricia Judge mess last season.

Lots of Mac vitriol, whatever that means, but I am not so sure. It is easy to blame the QB when a team sucks. I don't think that there is any QB that could win with the current OL and WRs. The line cannot protect Mac and cannot open running lanes. Combine that with WRs (with one exception) who cannot get open and the deck is stacked again any QB who would try to play here.

And yes, sigh, I expect that the Patriot will draft around 8th; the defense is good and if they can just get a small smidgen of offense,... And youse guys are gonna say, "Tanks for nuthin'"
They are better at run blocking than they were earlier in the season. But maybe the worst pass blocking line in the league and the numbers back me up. The WRs are a joke sans Douglas. The coaching is terrible right now.

Mac hasn’t done much to help himself either but anyone who says the offense is really good and it’s all the QBs fault that theyre not has to be either a BB apologist in denial that BB constructed a mess on offense or a salty Zappe stan coping over their boy being on the bench cause he sucks. Reality hurts.

They are better at run blocking than they were earlier in the season. But maybe the worst pass blocking line in the league and the numbers. back me up. The WRs are a joke sans Douglas. The coaching is terrible right now.

Mac hasn’t done much to help himself either but anyone who says the offense is really good and it’s all the QBs fault that theyre not has to be either a BB apologist in denial that BB constructed a mess on offense or a salty Zappe stan coping over their boy being on the bench cause he sucks. Reality hurts.
sb: we know how you are a Mac apologist but but he hasn't shown any ability. I think if Mac had Elite Options he would find away to make them look bad. Yes he's that bad: It's really hard to defend Mac Jones even the Blind can see that.
Cant See Cheech Marin GIF

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back