PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wright Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Borges: Bad news on Wright

does anyone remember the injury or have a video?

I have 0 details about it but i'd like to know what happened.

I don't even remember the date, it feels like this happened a year ago.

He got hit in the head by Grabthar's hammer, apparently.

I suppose it's possible he could wake up tomorrow and be fine. Due to his importance, I have no problem "tying up" a roster spot for him.

yeah, let's put it this way: Who's he keeping from playing?

(Aside: For some reason, just laughed out loud at work thinking of PatJew's comment of how a group of fat guys can be so thin ...)

Tom Curran just said on WEEI that Wright is doing much better. He said his inability to watch TV and sit with the lights on are behind him (apparently Borges is behind the curve). Curran didn't give any predictions or state his belief, but he seemed to intimate that he isn't that far away from returning. Granted Curran was the guy who said that his sources said Brady's set back could end his 2009 season.

I'm sure Borges is writing down what Curran said right now for his next article. Why do any work when you can copy someone else's.

Tom Curran just said on WEEI that Wright is doing much better. He said his inability to watch TV and sit with the lights on are behind him (apparently Borges is behind the curve). Curran didn't give any predictions or state his belief, but he seemed to intimate that he isn't that far away from returning. Granted Curran was the guy who said that his sources said Brady's set back could end his 2009 season.

I thought he said he had infection which might effective 2009 season training camp and later brady did accept that he had an infection in dec08 as said.

Just saying !

I thought he said he had infection which might effective 2009 season training camp and later brady did accept that he had an infection in dec08 as said.

Just saying !
At the end of the day, Curran was correct about the infection but got too far out on the potential downside and should have walked it back a lot faster than he did. Curran was a little out of place trying to be a national guy but I think he's good and trustworthy back covering the Patriots.

If I were Wright I'd be staying away too. I don't think he'll be IR'd but I don't think he'll be back this year either. If the concussion is that bad then its time to shut it down for now.

Just saying !

He was correct about the diagnosis, but he was incorrect about prognosis. He said that Brady would not be ready for training camp and was likely to start the season on the PUP. He said there was a possibility of him missing the entire season or requiring a new ACL. What he did wrong was ran with the worst case scenarios as the likely scenarios.

But I really don't want to rehash a story from nearly two years ago.

This D-line is taking major hits and could be an issue in the playoffs.Too many injuries this year for this team.Whose the strenght and conditioning coach for the pats?:rolleyes:

Curran nailed BJGE and i mocked him, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

after all, the opposite of what Borges says is often a pretty good bet.

Curran nailed BJGE and i mocked him, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

after all, the opposite of what Borges says is often a pretty good bet.

Me, I'd rather nail that Mary Whats-her-name on his TV show

I'm not offended by a prayer, I'm bemused by the prayer and avatar juxtaposition.
:confused2: I am a sinner, God works with flawed tools, even bacon lovers.

Eh, he was right about the infection and was also right about BJGE's role on this 2010 squad. I'd rather take what he says seriously than Borges.

???
If he's not coming back, why wouldn't he be put on IR?

If I were Wright I'd be staying away too. I don't think he'll be IR'd but I don't think he'll be back this year either. If the concussion is that bad then its time to shut it down for now.

I think they'll keep him on the roster on the chance that he can contribute. I also have a hunch about the Patriots and how they handle concussions, partly in light of how Ted Johnson was affected, but it's just a hunch.. not worth sharing or speculating.

Borges says that Wright's concussion is bothering him so badly that he is still unable to watch television. Best Wishes for the kid. Hope he can eventually, at least, lead a normal life, if not play football.

Borges says that Wright's concussion is bothering him so badly that he is still unable to watch television. Best Wishes for the kid. Hope he can eventually, at least, lead a normal life, if not play football.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents