PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wright Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Borges: Bad news on Wright

This is what happens when you get a reputation as a renegade, rogue, loose-cannon "journalist". Borges' reputation is as such now that we can't simply take this as face value and go from there. With another more legititmate source, we wouldn't have to take this route. That's a shame. It's a serious situation if so and my thoughts are with Mike Wright. :(

Pryor got poked in the eye. It's not like he had his eyeball popped from it's socket or anything.. Pryor will be fine, though he'll probably add a face shield.

Borges is reporting he couldn't watch TV with that eye.

Borges is reporting he couldn't watch TV with that eye.

That's not surprising after only a few hours.. Which is all Pryor would have had before talking to Borges..

Unless there is severe trauma, (like the pupil being blown or popped out of the socket) eyes generally heal from a poke and a scratched sclera in a couple of days.

Also, people forget that there is another week of healing these guys get.

Maybe it's Borges who has the head injury, he did a article praising BB and saying he should be Coach of the Year.

Borges is outnumbered now. Don't be fooled, Borges is forced to praise Belichick now. However, when the teams's fortunes change, it will be Borges leading the charges to crucify Belichick.

IF this is true, I really hope that Wright doesn't return to football until he is completely cleared by doctors and he has no lingering effects from this concussion. There is no need for anyone to suffer from brain damage caused by a game if there is anyway to avoid it.

+1. Just get well Mike Wright, we appreciate all you've done for this team.

This is now becoming less about this year and more about his long term playing career.

Real shame

Indeed. If the concussion suffered is this bad, he should really think about retiring now instead of risking further injury later on down his career.

I am going with the hope this will be another in the long list of Wrong.

That's not surprising after only a few hours.. Which is all Pryor would have had before talking to Borges..

Unless there is severe trauma, (like the pupil being blown or popped out of the socket) eyes generally heal from a poke and a scratched sclera in a couple of days.

Also, people forget that there is another week of healing these guys get.

lol. You've been had there.:D

No film, TV or video games is SOP with all head injuries. The thinking is to let the brain rest and recuperate. Rodgers wasn't allowed to watch film prior to the Pats- Green Bay game and is one of the reasons why he didn't play. Wright won't be allowed to watch TV until he's pronounced well again and that could come tomorrow, next week or next season. Granted, he had a serious one but watching TV isn't the measuring stick.

I'm puzzled by this statement.

As someone who has been in a coma from a head injury - and had a brother in the same situation - my understanding is that you actually want to challenge the brain with thinking as soon as possible after an injury. The trauma disrupts connections in the brain and the path that a thought process takes. The brain needs to search out a new path that works. It needs to map out a new route for the thought, much as drivers have to when a bridge is out. Pushing the brain moves that process along.

TV was never out of bounds.

Now, at a certain point your brain can actually run out of energy. It's hard to explain. And you need to rest it for a short period. That usually meant a good sleep. But I'd think that Wright would be taking all kinds of steps to rehab and recover at this point, which could easily include TV.

If he is that badly off after a concussion in which he was never in a coma, I have to wonder how much brain swelling he had sitting on the sidelines, in the locker room and at home after the game. He probably should have been receiving additional treatment at a hospital if that were occurring.

Ant brain docs want to weigh in?

I'm puzzled by this statement.

As someone who has been in a coma from a head injury - and had a brother in the same situation - my understanding is that you actually want to challenge the brain with thinking as soon as possible after an injury. The trauma disrupts connections in the brain and the path that a thought process takes. The brain needs to search out a new path that works. It needs to map out a new route for the thought, much as drivers have to when a bridge is out. Pushing the brain moves that process along.

TV was never out of bounds.

Now, at a certain point your brain can actually run out of energy. It's hard to explain. And you need to rest it for a short period. That usually meant a good sleep. But I'd think that Wright would be taking all kinds of steps to rehab and recover at this point, which could easily include TV.

If he is that badly off after a concussion in which he was never in a coma, I have to wonder how much brain swelling he had sitting on the sidelines, in the locker room and at home after the game. He probably should have been receiving additional treatment at a hospital if that were occurring.

Ant brain docs want to weigh in?

I'm not sure there is such a profession.
Anyway, insect brains are very different from ours. Yes, even defensive lineman brains.

Absolutely. If he is still this bad after this many weeks, then he ought to be on IR, though I will also admit that one thing that CAN help his recovery is the daily interaction with, and support of, his teammates.

I suppose it's possible he could wake up tomorrow and be fine. Due to his importance, I have no problem "tying up" a roster spot for him.

Indeed. One of the things that is becoming more understood is that even with minor concussions, the effect is cumulative over a lifetime. A series of smaller concussions, especially those not diagnosed as such, can add to the seriousness of what might otherwise be considered a simple concussion.

In evidence, I'd refer readers to Ted Johnson, and how he likely had more minor or undiagnosed concussions than reported, and how they led to the end of his career, as well as other emotional problems after he retired.

Wright might not have gotten his bell rung with a vicious hit, but rather a solid, but more "normal" one that was the final stop in a series of concussions.

This is what I am thinking as well. It may well have been one concussion too much.

The bad part of this folks is the Herald has had a good source inside Gillette with access to medical information, Tomase (curse him) used to break all sorts of injury reports that were eventually confirmed. Don't disregard this report no matter how shady the reporter, which is sad news for Mike Wright. Those offended by prayer, please avert thine eyes whilst I do what little is in my power for a player I respect:

Heavenly Father, I ask Your mercy for Mike Wright, heal him if it be Your will, guide him and his family to the comfort and promise of Your Holy Spirit through Your Word, bless the gifts of his caregivers to aid all those they treat; if it be Your will, speedily return him to health, guide him to wise decisions on his future in football, bless him to know You and to "seek Your face." I ask in the Name of our Redeemer and Lord, ************. Amen.

Amen. Thanks BOR.

If this is even remotely true, won't Wright be IRed sometime last week?

does anyone remember the injury or have a video?

I have 0 details about it but i'd like to know what happened.

I don't even remember the date, it feels like this happened a year ago.

I'm in a holding pattern until a reporter can shed some light on this.

It took Marc Savard a long time to recover from his concussion. I hope it doesn't take Wright that long. Sadly, I don't he'll be back for the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong.

The bad part of this folks is the Herald has had a good source inside Gillette with access to medical information, Tomase (curse him) used to break all sorts of injury reports that were eventually confirmed. Don't disregard this report no matter how shady the reporter, which is sad news for Mike Wright. Those offended by prayer, please avert thine eyes whilst I do what little is in my power for a player I respect:

Heavenly Father, I ask Your mercy for Mike Wright, heal him if it be Your will, guide him and his family to the comfort and promise of Your Holy Spirit through Your Word, bless the gifts of his caregivers to aid all those they treat; if it be Your will, speedily return him to health, guide him to wise decisions on his future in football, bless him to know You and to "seek Your face." I ask in the Name of our Redeemer and Lord, ************. Amen.

I'm not offended by a prayer, I'm bemused by the prayer and avatar juxtaposition.

If this is Mike Wright's 2nd concussion I hope he retires, my heart sank when I heard that he couldn't ******* watch TV. Good lord.

I'm not offended by a prayer, I'm bemused by the prayer and avatar juxtaposition.

Nothing wrong with praying for booty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents