PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

College Watch Thread 2023 College Watch Thread

The LIVE thread to follow and dis uss College Football Games on Game Days

Scotty

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hi Everyone..

Thought I would start this as ....it's never too early as they say.

However some bad news for me in that my service provider will no longer support ESPN so I will not be able to watch 2023 college football unless I jump to some other platform. The Main provider in the UK (BT/ESPN Sport) wants $29.99 per month. I am already paying circa $100 per month for the main UK satellite provider (Sky) so I can watch NFL games etc etc.

So I guess I will need to do some research to see what is out there. I believe there is a VPN route but I am not the most tech savvy so I am a little reluctant.

Any suggestions are welcome....

Man what a fun game between Washington and Oregon. I tuned in mostly for Penix and Nix, Odunze, and Trice, they’ve all had their moments. Washington is the more talented team, but Oregon put up a great fight.

Washington could be a tough out in the playoffs.

Reactions: Ian
Bit annoying for me as I did not realise the game was on UK TV. I am not in the habit of looking for these Friday games , looks like I missed a good game.

Georgia and Alabama tonight though.

Hoping Oklahoma State pull out a win versus Texas......maybe wishful thinking on my part....lol

Opening this up as the new thread moving forward.

Hoping Oklahoma State pull out a win versus Texas......maybe wishful thinking on my part....lol
Texas obviously rolling ... some crazy plays today in this one:

This Georgia/Alabama game should certainly be an interesting match-up.

That was a nice touch.

It's a shame we need a QB so bad. I'd love to get Sweat but he'll be long gone by the time we fill our crisis needs.

• Agree
That was a nice touch.

It's a shame we need a QB so bad. I'd love to get Sweat but he'll be long gone by the time we fill our crisis needs.
That's the part that's frustrating. As I've said, it's too bad nobody has even been adequate consistently (key word there) to allow them to address other needs while having someone as a placeholder where they can build around them. At least then they'd be able to keep drafting guys from there to compete until the next guy beat them out. Instead, it's a priority, which as we've seen, early round guys are always unknowns and who knows how the next one will turn out.

That's why I'm hopeful Zappe shows something the next few weeks. Maybe things will turn out differently, but given what we've seen, that's being extremely optimistic.

As for the Alabama match-up:

Oh man ... :rolleyes:

That was a nice touch.

Nice photo of that, also:

Just noticed Liberty went 13-0 after their win yesterday. Haven't watched any of their games, but is there another Douglas-esque guy there? Wonder if they'll be the new Rutgers, at least offensive skill player-wise :cool:

Looking forward to this game (G v A).
I like what Carson Beck brings to the game. I can already heard him being compared to Mac; pocket passer w limited run skills, outstanding support cast ..etc. He is himself; a poised pocket general whose only real deficiency is number of years as a starter. Can make every throw. Tall with room for more weight. Goes through his progressions. Stays calm under pressure. Probably won't be expected to be an instant starter. Lot to work with.

Looking forward to this game (G v A).
I like what Carson Beck brings to the game. I can already heard him being compared to Mac; pocket passer w limited run skills, outstanding support cast ..etc. He is himself; a poised pocket general whose only real deficiency is number of years as a starter. Can make every throw. Tall with room for more weight. Goes through his progressions. Stays calm under pressure. Probably won't be expected to be an instant starter. Lot to work with.
Haven't had an opportunity to see any of their games start to finish, so I'm looking forward to this one also. Hopefully, it's a good game. :cool:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back