PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Watson's Return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to what they currently have, Watson looks like a Pro-Bowler.

So is Ryan Izzo gone yet?? C'mon BB you don't need a brain for this decision drop that dead weight.

If he can come anywhere close to his 3 yr average we will be stylin'

I was fortunate enough to score a used BW84 jersey on eBay. Time to bust it out!

So is Ryan Izzo gone yet?? C'mon BB you don't need a brain for this decision drop that dead weight.
Every time I decide to watch out for what he was doing on the line as a blocking TE, I wonder what BB must be seeing. He can't block, he actually misses his blocks in the running game. With what he does, we might as well dress another Oline to perform that duty and they will excel.
Not an NFL TE.

Last edited:
Everything is dependent on the o-line. Watson won't help if Brady is feeling ghosts and can't step up in the pocket confidently.

Every time I decide to watch out for what he was doing on the line at a TE, I wonder what BB must be seeing. He can't block, he actually misses his blocks in the running game. With what he does, we might as well dress another Oline to perform that duty and they will excel.
Not an NFL TE.

Yep whiffing at blocks is like a theme for Ryan Izzo the man is making me miss Dwayne Allen.:rolleyes: A week ago he had double Team assignment with Cannon and whiffed on the Double Team Block I was like what the...:rolleyes:

I believe this is the week he returns from his four-game suspension. I'd have to say the timing is certainly a good thing and could potentially turn the tide a bit for the offense. I guess the only question might be his conditioning, along with how he's recovered from the concussion he suffered in the preseason.

I hear a bugle call far off! Its....GRONK!

Then I hear "Wake up honey, you were dreaming"

Hopefully he can manage like 30 TDs and 3k yards receiving and block well enough that we get 150 yard games out of Michel.

Why wasn't Dwayne Allen brought back? He is a darn good blocker.

I think Watson can get us 30+ catches. That'll be very helpful opening up the field for the outside receiver, while him and Edelman eat up the inside.

Yo just checked he's a free agent wtf sign him, Watson and Allen would be a big help.
Allen is injured right now, on injury settlement with Dolphins

Buffalo had no respect for the receiving abilities of our tight ends and it showed. Basically that puts too much stress on an injured edelman and gordon to carry the weight. Watson is a welcome addition who demands attention.

Why wasn't Dwayne Allen brought back? He is a darn good blocker.

1. he wasn't all that good
2. wanted too much money for just a blocker
3. went to Miami, couldn't even make that roster
4. released / injury settlement because of a bum knee

1. he wasn't all that good
2. wanted too much money for just a blocker
3. went to Miami, couldn't even make that roster
4. released / injury settlement because of a bum knee
1 & 2 & 4 -correct. 3. Rather disingenuous. He didn't make the Dolphins' roster because he was injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe