PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do Pats go for RB despite D needs .. if McCaffrey falls to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think BB values RB's as highly as other positions........White,Vereen,Ridley within last 5 years and not one first rounder.......Maroney last first round pick ......He prefers to sign experienced vets and squeeze the last bit of ability from them IMHO.......Pats have White,Lewis,Blount,Foster,Gaffney, Develin,Bolden already on roster....Do they really need a bell cow RB when they use RB by committee?

do we actually run a committee now though? Besides Dion or White getting 3-5 carries it' basically just Blount for 15-20 a week at lest this season. normally I would agree with you but this year hsnt been a normal BB year RB wise

What do you think of Foreman from Texas? Saw a few plays where he looked like a monster. 6'1" 25o

I'm a big fan of Foreman. He's basically Blount but 9 years younger. Same size and running style. Foreman even hurdled a defender earlier this year. Foreman might get up to speed a step quicker, though. He'd be a great long term replacement for Blount. He's very durable, too, with a 51 carry game earlier this year (for about 350 yards) in the middle of a four game stretch where he eclipsed 250 three times, and totaled over 1,000 yards on the ground. Incredible production. Kid has a huge chip on his shoulder, too, and is widely reported to be the hardest worker in the Texas locker room. The only problem is that a 2K season and his rare size and athleticism will probably vault him into into the 1st, and I'm not sure we'll take a RB that high.

Another guy I really like, and who is more likely to be available in the 3rd - 4th range, is Jamaal Williams. I know this is a highlight video, so take it with a grain of salt, but I love the aggression and power that Williams shows. He reminds me of Jordan Howard, who was a 5th rounder due to perceived lack of athleticism, but has been a very solid rookie running back this year and should go over 1000 yards on the season.

I'm a big fan of Foreman. He's basically Blount but 9 years younger. Same size and running style. Foreman even hurdled a defender earlier this year. Foreman might get up to speed a step quicker, though. He'd be a great long term replacement for Blount. He's very durable, too, with a 51 carry game earlier this year (for about 350 yards) in the middle of a four game stretch where he eclipsed 250 three times, and totaled over 1,000 yards on the ground. Incredible production. Kid has a huge chip on his shoulder, too, and is widely reported to be the hardest worker in the Texas locker room. The only problem is that a 2K season and his rare size and athleticism will probably vault him into into the 1st, and I'm not sure we'll take a RB that high.

Another guy I really like, and who is more likely to be available in the 3rd - 4th range, is Jamaal Williams. I know this is a highlight video, so take it with a grain of salt, but I love the aggression and power that Williams shows. He reminds me of Jordan Howard, who was a 5th rounder due to perceived lack of athleticism, but has been a very solid rookie running back this year and should go over 1000 yards on the season.

Williams will definitely be on my Patriot-type list. Really like him. Bit of a knuckle head but doesn't seem like a "bad" guy.

He doesn't have that breakaway speed twitter folks like to talk about but he hits the hole as hard as anyone and has no problem playing behind his pads.

I think hes a better pro player than he was in college.

Rn I have Foreman in 2nd range and Williams a round after.

Good luck to Mac but aren't the days of white running backs over? No more Giffords, Riggins, Hornungs, Bleiers, or Nagurskis. Full backs maybe but running backs---and safeties????

Is there even one white starting 3-down back right now in the league?

There are a lot of talented young RBs who are declaring for the draft. I think it will be interesting to see if teams pounce early on them with the success of guys like Zeke Elliott. Or maybe they hold off and take them later and that has been the trend, at least in the last few years.

Perhaps the Pats could send JG to Browns for their 2nd 1st (should be top 15) and draft Fournette/McCaffery/Mike Williams...or maybe come out with a DE/LB.

I would love to see them use top picks to improve the O line.

1. O line. ( improves rushing and passing)
1 a. DE or DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe