PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking forward to Jets rematch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not looking ahead to the Jets game for one reason.

This Pats team is very young and developing every week into what they "Will be" later. To judge the game now would be premature.

I am perfectly content in just looking at the Colts now. I'll know what I expect to see when that time comes against the Jets.

Raymond: The Jets Suck. You know it. I know it. Everybody here knows it. They suck! So just man up here and tell us what you think. Don't lecture us about not looking ahead. Looking ahead, jinxing the Pats, talking trash, saying out loud that the Jets suck and that the Patriots will beat them at home like a rented mule is perfectly OK. You're not playing. I'm not playing. Nobody's going to criticize you for manning up here. We're all just a bunch of pathetic losers whose purpose in life and self-esteem is tied to a bunch of 20-somethings with concussions wearing thigh pads. We completely lose it when our crazed safety gets called for Pass Interference in a blowout win on the road. Let's review: the Jets went into OT with the Browns, barely escaped with their lives against the Lions and got shut out by the Packers. Shut out. The Jets suck and the Patriots don't. I'm licking my chops for those clowns.

Who else is going to this game??

Several beverages will be consumed before and I expect that place to be the loudest its been EVER

Who else is going to this game??

Several beverages will be consumed before and I expect that place to be the loudest its been EVER

I will be there. It is going to be sick!

I will be there, driving down from Nova Scotia....can not wait......

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Raymond: The Jets Suck. You know it. I know it. Everybody here knows it. They suck! So just man up here and tell us what you think. Don't lecture us about not looking ahead. Looking ahead, jinxing the Pats, talking trash, saying out loud that the Jets suck and that the Patriots will beat them at home like a rented mule is perfectly OK. You're not playing. I'm not playing. Nobody's going to criticize you for manning up here. We're all just a bunch of pathetic losers whose purpose in life and self-esteem is tied to a bunch of 20-somethings with concussions wearing thigh pads. We completely lose it when our crazed safety gets called for Pass Interference in a blowout win on the road. Let's review: the Jets went into OT with the Browns, barely escaped with their lives against the Lions and got shut out by the Packers. Shut out. The Jets suck and the Patriots don't. I'm licking my chops for those clowns.

So the Jets suck because they won in OT against the Browns....the team that whipped us up and down the field a week earlier

So the Jets suck because they won in OT against the Browns....the team that whipped us up and down the field a week earlier

The Jets suck because, oh, where to begin? I guess the Jets suck most because of the whole Bill Parcells - Eric Mangini arc of complete douchebaggery. Individual games like their struggle with the Browns isn't important. But good gracious, Rex Ryan painted the training camp bus with the Super Bowl winner bravado just because they backed into the playoffs last year after the Colts shut it down instead of going for an undefeated season. If the Jets are that good, they shouldn't be struggling with the likes of the Browns.

But I suppose they might suck a little because they got shut out by the Packers and left their defense on the hook after a spectacular defensive effort holding the Packers to three lousy field goals. The Patriots, who don't suck, will be lucky to keep the Packers under 30.

But I guess the suckiest moment of all time was the Jets Head Coach, Eric Mangini, decision to rat out his mentor for videotaping signals of the sideline. The only reason Mangini has a job in professional football is because of the opportunities Bill Bellichick gave him as a waterboy with the Browns and subsequent jobs with the Jets and Patriots. A 1st rounder and $500k and forever damaging Bill Bellichick's reputation is probably the most suckful thing the Jets have ever done.

I can get over Curtis Martin's defection and Bill Parcells' screwing Patriot Nation to go to the Jets during the week before the 96 SuperBowl, but I can't quite understand why the Jets barely got past the Lions two weeks ago. That sucked a lot.

Thanks for asking.

Predict the Score Contest, Week 2 NE @ NYJ
Views: 3,019
Posted By goheels22002
Re: Predict the Score Contest, Week 2 NE @ NYJ

Patriots 31
Jets 0

:bricks: just shut up with and let's worry about the next game ok?

The Jets suck because, oh, where to begin? I guess the Jets suck most because of the whole Bill Parcells - Eric Mangini arc of complete douchebaggery. Individual games like their struggle with the Browns isn't important. But good gracious, Rex Ryan painted the training camp bus with the Super Bowl winner bravado just because they backed into the playoffs last year after the Colts shut it down instead of going for an undefeated season. If the Jets are that good, they shouldn't be struggling with the likes of the Browns.

But I suppose they might suck a little because they got shut out by the Packers and left their defense on the hook after a spectacular defensive effort holding the Packers to three lousy field goals. The Patriots, who don't suck, will be lucky to keep the Packers under 30.

But I guess the suckiest moment of all time was the Jets Head Coach, Eric Mangini, decision to rat out his mentor for videotaping signals of the sideline. The only reason Mangini has a job in professional football is because of the opportunities Bill Bellichick gave him as a waterboy with the Browns and subsequent jobs with the Jets and Patriots. A 1st rounder and $500k and forever damaging Bill Bellichick's reputation is probably the most suckful thing the Jets have ever done.

I can get over Curtis Martin's defection and Bill Parcells' screwing Patriot Nation to go to the Jets during the week before the 96 SuperBowl, but I can't quite understand why the Jets barely got past the Lions two weeks ago. That sucked a lot.

Thanks for asking.

So you're saying they suck out of hate?
Don't answer that, we already know.

Even though the whole 'Parcells on a jet (ironic) negotiating his contract rather than focusing on the Super Bowl' is often cited as the beginning of the rivalry, it has its roots much further back with those who are old enough to remember.

Pats fans hold the Jets in contempt because their mediocre team upset the Pats in the final game of the 1966 season, denying the Pats a chance to play in the very first Super Bowl (or whatever it was called then.)

However, I'll agree with some of the others that it makes a lot more sense to be talking about the Colts game than the Jets game. I guess it's probably because lots of us work with Jet fans, but very few of us work with Colt fans. Beware though, the Colts are still a very good team even with all their injuries. Even though we are fans and not players, I'm still very surprised people are looking past the game with Indy.

However, I'll agree with some of the others that it makes a lot more sense to be talking about the Colts game than the Jets game. I guess it's probably because lots of us work with Jet fans, but very few of us work with Colt fans. Beware though, the Colts are still a very good team even with all their injuries. Even though we are fans and not players, I'm still very surprised people are looking past the game with Indy.

No one is looking past the Colts... It's simple conversation. Is it difficult for people to talk about two different teams at one time or something?

Besides QB & Coach...Jets have the talent advantage.

There...some official smack talk for ya.

yeah...besides the engine and the transmission, the Green Hornet is a better car than the Jaguar....

081201-12-AMC_Hornet.jpg

The Pats are better than the Jets.

There...some official smack talk back at ya.

As I read the Calendar, we still have Indy and then we have to go to Detroit to play the Lions in their nationally televised Super Bowl on Thanksgiving. I haven't put either game in the left column yet myself, as confident as I might be that they will end up there.

Last edited:

Yeah, that's how Dan Snyder would put it...

As for your point on Sanchez' stats, the way the Jets have set the rules of the game for this season, all that matters is that he takes them to and wins the Super Bowl. That's how Ryan and Johnson have played this since Training Camp and that, alone, is how he will be judged. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, fair or unfair; I'm just saying that's how the Jets have set it up and that's how we'll judge him.

Good comments, though, and respectfully offered. Please keep posting. This board always welcomes opposition posters who know how to do so without being idiots.

Last edited:
I'm sick of the crybabying about what the Jets "SHOULD" be..

They could just as easily be undefeated as they could be 2-7..

The GB game Holmes dropped a sure six... So if he caught it that game would have changed and it would have been another "LUCKY" game for them..

You are what you are and it will be decided soon enough..

that said I am excited about that game...But most certainly not looking past the next two...

I can't tell if you're a Jets fan or not, but as a Pats fan/Jest hater, I agree completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents