PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo will be the new HC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why Kraft held onto Bill last year if that was the case.
Mayo was Asst. to HC and needed an extra year to learn more about the HC side of things.

Mayo or Vrabel... at the end of the day win loss record is what will ultimately matter to me

mayo may be as good or better than vrabel we do not know.

Vrabel just has more experience as he was a HC and brought his team to the playoffs and an AFCCG. So obviously fans would want the more sure thing.

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if mayo is hired as a coach somewhere else if we hire Vrabel.

And wouldn’t say it’s a guarantee is mayo. I doubt they legit promised him the job like it’s 100%

I like your optimistic take, Ross, but Mayo is less than a blank slate. You've got to figure a head coach with a very steep learning curve will progress considerably slower than someone with EXPERIENCE. Those other divisional teams will be thinking, "Well, with Belichick gone and a nobody coaching the team, what chance do THEY have?"

OK, so Kraft likes the guy and thinks he has potential. Fine. But he is far, far less qualified than a lot of prospects out there. Mayo just is not ready for such a monumental leap.
DeMico Ryans has a very similar background to Mayo and as a rookie HC won his division.

Some of these younger ex-players have qualities that translate well into the ability to lead a team.

You having an opinion that Mayo "is not ready" means absolutely nothing because it's based on zero knowledge about the man or his abilities.

Getting a Mike Singletary vibe about this Mayo secession plan.
LB----->LB coach------->HC

Fun Fact: 8 years after bombing as the SF HC, Samurai Mike accepted a high school HC position ......and proceeded to go 1-21
I'm getting a DeMeco Ryans vibe:

DeMeco Ryans: 39 yo
2006 - 2nd Rd ILB (pick 33) - Texans
DROY
1x AP
2x PB
1st Tm All-SEC
6 yrs coaching ---> HC Texans wins division

Jerod Mayo: 37 yo
2008 - 1st Rd ILB (pick 10) - Patriots
DROY
1x AP
2x PB
1x SB
1st Tm All-SEC
5 yrs coaching ---> HC Patriots

DeMico Ryans has a very similar background to Mayo and as a rookie HC won his division.

Some of these younger ex-players have qualities that translate well into the ability to lead a team.

You having an opinion that Mayo "is not ready" means absolutely nothing because it's based on zero knowledge about the man or his abilities.

Your opinion about my opinion means absolutely nothing because it's based purely on conjecture. If Mayo becomes head coach I will give him the benefit of a doubt. And if he succeeds a la Ryans I will be thrilled. So scribble that down and tape it to your bathroom mirror next to the other two that read, "I hate Belichick because he let Brady go" and "Tunescribe is living rent-free in my tiny little cranium." ;)

This is all I’m saying interview different systems, coaching trees. This seems incredibly hard headed lazy close minded short sighted. Go thru the process and if Mayo is still the guy great.
You may find someone you never seriously considered is the best candidate.
Krafts don't want to blow up their entire team culture. It's their team. If you do that, you're talking 3+ years to enact all the changes with little chance of good performance given the personel issues.

With Mayo, you can salvage the defensive schemes, team philosophy, defensive personel, etc. The offensive needs fixing anyway, but you can save a lot of time not having to start from scratch. The players will ball for Mayo. No personality concerns between Krafts and Mayo is an added plus.

Your opinion about my opinion means absolutely nothing because it's based purely on conjecture. If Mayo becomes head coach I will give him the benefit of a doubt. And if he succeeds a la Ryans I will be thrilled. So scribble that down and tape it to your bathroom mirror next to the other two that read, "I hate Belichick because he let Brady go" and "Tunescribe is living rent-free in my tiny little cranium." ;)
Go play with your parrot child.

Another thought: Does Mayo being the source of the leaks to speed up BB's dismissal so that he can get the job make anyone think about Mayo a bit differently? If that's true then he backstabbed the guy who drafted him and groomed him. How does that fare for future personnel decisions or players and other coaches trusting him?
No thoughts at all because its not true.

The HC or the Media leak?
Don't listen to Tommy. He's butt hurt that Bill is gone and is creating conspiracy theories out of thin air. He's been wrong all along, about everything. He was wrong about Bill staying. He was wrong about Curran. Now he's making **** up about Mayo being the source. He hates the Krafts and has resorted to trolling.

I dont think so. It's that 2 or 3 minority candidates must be interviewed. Todd Bowles got hired without anyone getting interviewed. Bucs were able to bypass the Rooney rule because he is a minority.

Either way Kraft will at least pretend to go through a thorough process even if it's Mayo. He will not want to look like he did not try to look properly in case whoever he hires does not work out.
He can bypass the process entirely a just appoint Mayo.

First rule of coaches. If they are only good if other people around them are better than them, it’s probably a bad choice.
First rule of leadership: surround yourself with good people and delegate.

I guess I just don't understand why a vast majority of the fanbase is already acting like they know mayo is a bad coach and this is a horrible decison.

I honestly don't know...

I guess I just don't understand why a vast majority of the fanbase is already acting like they know mayo is a bad coach and this is a horrible decison.

I honestly don't know...
Seems like people are turning on him cause he supposedly sabotaged Bill.

I honestly don't know...
Everyone wants to get younger. Then as soon as they have a young guy, they are upset. Makes no sense.

Seems like people are turning on him cause he supposedly sabotaged Bill.
I don't buy that for a second.

People have NFI what Mayo's potential is. He either gets a shot or he doesn't. Only one way to find out

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3