PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Coaching firings around the league

Potential direct impact: The Titans hire O’Brien as their new OC. (I’m not sold on that fit.)

Potential less direct impact: The Titans promote Tim Kelly, already on their staff, which would mean he isn’t reuniting with Bill O’Brien wherever he ends up. (He worked his way up under O’Brien, from graduate assistant at Penn State all the way to OC with the Texans.)

It’s a race with other teams to grab top talent.
That’s my biggest issue with Bill and co.
Just waits and thinks he can find coaches anywhere.

Any discussion here regarding BB's 'Kraft is cheap' (paraphrase) statement today or his utter lack of conviction regarding MacCorky's starter designation for '23?

Actual quote: "...over a three-year period, we are one of the lowest spending teams in the league.”

Interesting, I never knew that. Explains a lot about these guys.
If you look back at the many of the founding owners of teams in the 40s, 50s and even the 60s, they were big time degenerate gamblers influenced by their local mafia.

How about letting people discuss freely on eigher side, as long as no insults or threats
My $0.02: Whiney might be fun for the whiners themselves, but not for people wanting "better discussions".

Who knows, maybe the site owner shares this opinion.

Tennessee apparently just ****-canned their offensive coaching staff

Edit, per Field Yates:

Vrabel kept his job after that massive choke? On November 17, the Titans were 7-3 and the Jaguars were 3-7. All they had to do to secure the division was win one more game and instead they went 0-7. That's brutal.

Does anyone expect a similar announcement to come from the Patriots? I don't.
i don't expect it but if i would be the gm , making the decisions i would have announced the following today

the NEP are firing Matt Patricia, Joe Judge, Troy Brown and Cam Achord

Bill better not be relaxing he needs to rebuild this staff.
10845248-6796185-image-m-69_1552324638090.jpg

My $0.02: Whiney might be fun for the whiners themselves, but not for people wanting "better discussions".

Who knows, maybe the site owner shares this opinion.
and I suppose you unilaterally decide what posts are whiney? That seems fair. ? Too difficult to have a discussion without arbitrary labels

Last edited:
Does anyone expect a similar announcement to come from the Patriots? I don't.

The Patriots staff is so small that they can just shift all the "failures" to other spots, with the probable exception of the current ST coordinator.

I'm waiting for Matt Patricia. Demote Judge back to Special Teams. Fire Achord.

Bill just seems to slack off and then hires retreads or yes men stating point of time best for team logic. If I were Kraft, I would be forcing bill to make at least few moves with regards to rehires.

After a dumpster truck of a season, the entire staff needs to be working overtime to get some balance back.

Worst ST of all 32 teams and the ST coordinator is not fired yet .

I do not accept the premise.
The rebuild occurred last year ($170 mill in FA spending)
Drafting your allotted draft picks (plus a couple extra 4th's) in 2022 is not a continuation of a rebuild, it's simply NFL business as usual

Note: The rebuild failed
LOL. So we both think there's a rebuild afoot. I think it's to a degree actual and ongoing. You think it remains purely theoretical. We agree , I assume, that the rebuild certaiinly isn't complete.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back