PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shmessy Replies to Tom Casale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keegs said:
hey man i would never do that crap.

I may say a ton of stupid crap and argue with Digger way too much, but i wouldn't do this crap.

Most of the time im just being an idiot and saying crap because i am incredibly bored at work.

And a lot of the times it is just mocking the dumb ideas i read on here (Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, etc.)
so yeah, it's not me, and it won't ever be.

Joking, Keegs. Didn't think you were the mastermind behind the whole thing. ;)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Thanks BF80, 5 Rings and others. I'm not trying to overdramatic, just ain't my forum, for all I know Ian could care less about me "outting" multiple-username trolls. Just my gut feeling that I spoke before thinking, and that's never a good thing. ;)

Back to the subject at hand. Don't let my slip up distract from the point of the thread, the fact that Casale screwed the pooch with his rumormongering on this thing.

That's the kicker. Just another disengenuous comment from Casale and crew. They DO have ratings. No, not Arbitron ratings, or Birch ratings like a real radio show has to deal with... but they have "ratings" found in the traffic statistics on the pages of Patriots.com that lead you, poor listener, to their streams and podcasts, and they have sales of the their print product which listenership of PFW In Progress is supposed to support.

Casale dumped on Shmessy for mentioning ratings, and that was total bulls**t manipulation. Believe me, if Patriots.com home page recieved 10 thousand hits a day, and the links from the Patriots.com home page pointing to the PFW broadcast only generated 500 hits a day, they would have no "show" (if you can call it that).

They don't have "ratings" per se, but they do have measurable traffic, which is in their own best interest to pump up to the fullest, and salacious rumormongering causes 'street-talk', increases 'top of mind awareness' and ultimately boosts traffic. And unfortunately, this incident has probably given them the best traffic they've ever seen on their traffic statistics. Book it.
:rofl: Oops, poor Casale, you'd think he'd have read PatPsychos.com enough to know only NEM and I are legitimately dain bramaged and no smarter than a box of rocks. Don't you hate it when you discuss the real world with people actually living there? :D

fgssand said:
I went to sleep having heard the Casale hatchet job on Jackson originally a few months ago - only to awake and read about impostors, hijackers and then more vomit from Casale, only this time projected on us??

Tom Casale, with his ax, gave Chad Jackson 40 whacks - when we questioned what he had done - he gave us all 41???

Is that it??

Tip o' the iceberg, my friend. Tip o' the iceberg.

What a great thread this is. I honestly loved reading it. Most i can't get through without having boredom issues.

I'd love to know who the jerkoff is.

Also, am I the only one who thinks patspsychos.com is funnY?

The other crap is not though.

(i was 100% serious in what i just wrote, to help eliminate confusion)

SeanBruschi54 said:
After reading this mosterous thread all i have to say is.

Tom Casale needs to grow up.

:agree:

While certain posters were wrong in accusing PFW of rumour-mongering, Casale went over the top in attacking this website and made himself sound like a egotistical maniac in the process. Like Shmessy said, he didn't even mention Casale by name, yet Casale acts as though somebody has just slapped his mother. They concede we're diehards, but then they come off like smug elitists bragging about their access to the organization, while us mere fans are left to spend eight hours a day of worthless speculating on an internet message forum.

Last edited:
Seymour93 said:
:agree:

While certain posters were wrong in accusing PFW of rumour-mongering, Casale went over the top in attacking this website and made himself sound like a egotistical maniac in the process. Like Shmessy said, he didn't even mention Casale by name, yet Casale acts as though somebody has just slapped his mother. They concede we're diehards, but then they come off like smug elitists bragging about their access to the organization, while use mere fans are left to spend eight hours a day of worthless speculating on an internet message forum.

Honestly, I could care less what Casale calls me or any of us here on patspsycho.com. I'm OK with whatever he wants to call us. None of us are victims in any way. Claiming that would be foolish.

The only victim in this is Chad Jackson. What is bothersome is the innuendo (may be true, may not be true) thrown on a 21 year old rookie far from home trying to make it in his chosen career. A career which can be greatly affected by outside perceptions of one's character (unless you're an Uber-talent like a Moss or T.O.).

Furthermore, Chad Jackson has family, friends and a community back home who reads and keeps up with what he is doing. If he did wrong, then specify it. If you feel it shouldn't be reported, then don't report it. Reporting the vague innuendo without any specification only leaves it to the imaginations of the reader/listener. That is simply unethical and unfair to the subject.

He may be 6'2", 210 lbs and can run a 4.35 40, but he is a HUMAN BEING.

Keegs said:
Also, am I the only one who thinks patspsychos.com is funnY?
This is your chance to upgrade your user name...;)

Box_O_Rocks said:
:rofl: Oops, poor Casale, you'd think he'd have read PatPsychos.com enough to know only NEM and I are legitimately dain bramaged and no smarter than a box of rocks. Don't you hate it when you discuss the real world with people actually living there? :D
Ya might think... but in his own words, everyone here is just an idiot who just "watches games and posts on their little message board" but doesn't really know anything.

It's at least refreshing to hear his obvious disdain for his core audience admitted so honestly. I eventually felt that way about the audience, but never had the guts to betray that over an open mic. It was my first indication that I needed to get the hell out of broadcasting. I was just plain burnt out... I don't know what Casale's excuse is.

Seymour93 said:
While certain posters were wrong in accusing PFW of rumour-mongering,
Man, I love ya as a poster, but I disagree wholeheartedly with you here. Broadcasting that Jackson did something horribly embarrassing, then refusing to say WHAT that something was, to spare the organization and the player any embarrassment, then calling in another to back you up on the air, who again babbles how embarrassing it was, but too embarrassing to actually mention specifics is exactly rumour-mongering. He specifically set it up to tease the mind into thinking the worst.

Seymour93 said:
Casale went over the top in attacking this website and made himself sound like a egotistical maniac in the process. Like Shmessy said, he didn't even mention Casale by name, yet Casale acts as though somebody has just slapped his mother.
... nevermind. There's a very reasonable explanation for that, but it involves me saying too much again.

Think my kid is finally asleep. I'm just about overdue as well. 'Night all.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Ouch, that hurt Willie. I can't believe you compared me to him. I'm checking your IP next. ;)

Sorry for the suspense, been away taking care of my kid who isn't sleeping tonight. (Contrary to popular belief, some posters here at PatsPsychos.com not only have kissed a girl / have a girlfriend, but are actually married with kids! :eek:)

Look, I'm sure I screwed up by blabbing. I was surprised when I figured out who Alisonlovesbrady really was (because I was JUST about to defend "her" when I decided to compare a few posts first), and blurted out about the multiple usernames before thinking. I'd delete it if you guys hadn't already quoted the hell outta it. I should have just kept my mouth shut and just notified Ian (which I have done) and let the chips fall as he sees fit. Don't make it worse on me by speculating, huh? I know I can't put the cat back in the bag now.

Perhaps the gentleman in question will be a man about it and come clean, but I doubt it. Perhaps I'll be banned for life tomorrow for my lack of discretion. Perhaps...

(Kid woke up again before I could post this, I get back now and see some of the speculation has already been deleted. I appreciate that. :) )

Sorry, no offense intended. I was just bating you to give up the information.

Funny thing.

I do not have a problem with what Casale did in regards to Chad Jackson. I happen to think that he did the right thing. I do not have a problem with Shmessy's actions. This is supposed to be a board when differing opinions are allowed and encouraged. This should not be a board where a person is attacked for offering a differing opinion.

I have a problem with Casale referring to this site as PatsPsychos.com and not one of his cohorts having a problem with that - at least on the air. I do not know if his cohorts were afraid to challenge a rather fired up Casale or if they agreed with him. Either way, my opinion of Casale and them went down. As a profilic poster I was rather offended by Casale's broad characterization of this board's posters.

Tom Casale should know that I think highly of Mike Reiss not just because I think that he is an excellent beat writer for the Patriots but because Reiss is not dismissive of Patriots fans as are Casale, Felger, and Holley. I, as a fan of the Patriots, am a subscriber of Patriots Football Weekly. I do not subscribe to Patriots Football Weekly just so I can read Casale, Perillo, Hart, Kirsch, etc. I would think that Casale would show more respect to his customers. Some of his customers may one day decide that they will no longer purchase a product where on-air disdain for their customers is an accepted practice. That day for this subscriber is not today. If anyone from Patriots Football Weekly wants to confirm that I am a subscriber, please send me a PM.

Please note that I am not advocating a boycott of Patriots Football Weekly. I am advocating respect for the other person's opinion. I am advocating the non-use of name-calling.

--
Miguel (a fan, not a pyscho).

Miguel said:
I do not have a problem with what Casale did in regards to Chad Jackson.

Differing opinion - shame on you then (and not drama, tragic, end of the world shame either). Methinks you'd have a differing opinion perhaps if it was someone who was a friend or relative of yours as Shmessy suuggested was at the heart of his contention with Casale.

Everything else is I agree with you though.

Miguel said:
Funny thing.

I do not have a problem with what Casale did in regards to Chad Jackson. I happen to think that he did the right thing. I do not have a problem with Shmessy's actions. This is supposed to be a board when differing opinions are allowed and encouraged. This should not be a board where a person is attacked for offering a differing opinion.

I have a problem with Casale referring to this site as PatsPsychos.com and not one of his cohorts having a problem with that - at least on the air. I do not know if his cohorts were afraid to challenge a rather fired up Casale or if they agreed with him. Either way, my opinion of Casale and them went down. As a profilic poster I was rather offended by Casale's broad characterization of this board's posters.

Tom Casale should know that I think highly of Mike Reiss not just because I think that he is an excellent beat writer for the Patriots but because Reiss is not dismissive of Patriots fans as are Casale, Felger, and Holley. I, as a fan of the Patriots, am a subscriber of Patriots Football Weekly. I do not subscribe to Patriots Football Weekly just so I can read Casale, Perillo, Hart, Kirsch, etc. I would think that Casale would show more respect to his customers. Some of his customers may one day decide that they will no longer purchase a product where on-air disdain for their customers is an accepted practice. That day for this subscriber is not today. If anyone from Patriots Football Weekly wants to confirm that I am a subscriber, please send me a PM.

Please note that I am not advocating a boycott of Patriots Football Weekly. I am advocating respect for the other person's opinion. I am advocating the non-use of name-calling.

--
Miguel (a fan, not a pyscho).

I once had a PFW subscription not too long ago and so took his attack of this website quite personally. I paid almost 50 dollars to read that newspaper and I'm bluecollar so a 50 newspaper is a hefty bill. I'd often come on this exact website and promote the quality of the paper to users here and encourage them to drop the 50. I now regret that. Had I known that their readership was so unappreciated, I'd not only never have subscribed, but never pushed anyone else to spend the 50 bucks either. I will not make that mistake twice.

I missed this whole thing.

I was out in the woods all night draining and seeing if I could find more Patriot logo golf balls. No Luck. :mad:

Anyway- I hope Ian gives us the name of the perp. I know that there was one guy who used multiple user names a little while back and nothing happened.

PATSNUTme said:
I missed this whole thing.

I was out in the woods all night draining and seeing if I could find more Patriot logo golf balls. No Luck. :mad:

Anyway- I hope Ian gives us the name of the perp. I know that there was one guy who used multiple user names a little while back and nothing happened.

He admitted his role and did a mea culpa, didn't he????

Clonamery said:
Differing opinion - shame on you then (and not drama, tragic, end of the world shame either). Methinks you'd have a differing opinion perhaps if it was someone who was a friend or relative of yours as Shmessy suuggested was at the heart of his contention with Casale.

Everything else is I agree with you though.

Look, I fully respect Miguel and appreciate his sense of fairness. However, in this case, I believe he is missing the difference between a) Patriots Football Weekly reporting a fact (which is fine) and b) they reporting 25% of an incident and saying they cannot mention the other 75% which is juicier.

That is rank innuendo against a human being. Whether it is true or not is immaterial. Responsible and ethical people do not go on a public radio/internet show and "break" a story about someone's character leaving 75% of the story up to the public's imagination. Simple as that.

After Casale read all these posts, Tom's body language took a turn for the worse.

Clonamery said:

Nope.

It was directed at me and I never heard a word about it. I do have a very strong idea who it was, he seems to be protected.

Wasn't ever going to bring it up again but now we have this.

Clonamery said:
It depends on which one your talking about - if it was the infamous B.Samson incident, the perp did do a mea culpa and accepted his punishment, but he was so traumatized by the shame he had to go away and create a new base identity (we suspect a sex change operation was also involved given the time away, high level of true remorse quotient, and flare for the dramatic) from which he crusades for openess and understanding for all who post as rabidly as B.Samson. A truly great example of American virtue. :singing: O say can you seeeeee...

shmessy said:
Look, I fully respect Miguel and appreciate his sense of fairness. However, in this case, I believe he is missing the difference between a) Patriots Football Weekly reporting a fact (which is fine) and b) they reporting 25% of an incident and saying they cannot mention the other 75% which is juicier.

That is rank innuendo against a human being. Whether it is true or not is immaterial. Responsible and ethical people do not go on a public radio/internet show and "break" a story about someone's character leaving 75% of the story up to the public's imagination. Simple as that.

Alot of newspaper reporters do that also. They only put in a part of the quote, hoping to stir up a controversy, and it gets taken completely out of context. Then when you hear the entire quote, the situation is completely different from what it was made out to be.

It seems Casale has turned to Borges/Felger method of reporting to get attention. The only thing is he is working for the organization that he is spreading rumors about. I dont think they will take too kindly if he keeps spreading false rumors.

PATSNUTme said:
Nope.

It was directed at me and I never heard a word about it. I do have a very strong idea who it was, he seems to be protected.

Wasn't ever going to bring it up again but now we have this.

I was thinking of the bsamson offspring....thought the guilty party(s) stepped forward.

Anywho, I find you guilty of only unadulterated Homerism that I can barely grasp in my attempts to be a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick