PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Great Derek Wolfe Debate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That he is very unspectacular? Haha.
You really have to be missing something upstairs to make that claim. In all situations, a half of a brain who thinks is more valuable than a brain who cannot think.

At least for the very unspectacular Wolfe, someone could put up a highlight video like this one Derek Wolfe Highlight: 2011 Big East Defensive POY - YouTube. But for the others, Cox, Brockers, Still, Reyes, no one did, probably because he would struggle big time to find highlights like the very unspectacular Wolfe has it that vid.

Interesting. We are all dummies while you are brilliant.

Got it.

If he was awesome...wouldn't he be regarded as a 1st round prospect?

Reyes put up half his production playing same conference same position, and he is projected late first/early second. I will never know how Reyes is rated above Wolfe.

Reyes put up half his production playing same conference same position, and he is projected late first/early second. I will never know how Reyes is rated above Wolfe.

Richard Seymour in 2000 in his senior college year, had 1 sack. Yet he was rated in the top 10. There is a reason why some players with less stats are regarded as a higher prospect than a player with more stats.

If that was the case, Kellen Moore should be the 1st overall pick over Luck and Griffin.

Richard Seymour in 2000 in his senior college year, had 1 sack. Yet he was rated in the top 10. There is a reason why some players with less stats are regarded as a higher prospect than a player with more stats.

If that was the case, Kellen Moore should be the 1st overall pick over Luck and Griffin.

Fail. Seymour had big production his senior year and in the years before, in quarterback pressures, he finished with 35 quarterback pressures his college career. Reyes, Brockers, Cox and Still put together are nowhere near that. So Seymour still had big college production, and he had the big stats, he was not rated top10 on his "untapped" potential alone. Try better next time.

Some things to remember in terms of projecting guys to the NFL...

- Teams usually look at physical abilities first. Player A may have a better first step with acceleration as a DE and had 9.5 sacks. Player B may have been a better pure bull rusher with more pass rush moves despite only having 5 sacks. Scheme at the college level also matters just like in the NFL. Player A may have been asked to get after the QB on every play whereas Player B may have been asked to get after the QB in certain situations.

- The NFL requires certain traits at certain positions. A QB with an average arm can put up gaudy stats playing in an Air Raid offense (see Case Keenum) whereas another QB may be more NFL ready after playing in a Pro system despite throwing for only 22 TDs (see Kirk Cousins).

- College scheme asks different things of different players. A WR like Aldrick Robinson coming out of SMU's Run & Shoot offense was asked to do different things (read coverage, adjust routes based on the opposition's play) compared to say Demaryius Thomas coming out of Georgia Tech's Triple Option (run block first, get vertical on play action passes).

Fail. Seymour had big production his senior year and in the years before, in quarterback pressures, he finished with 35 quarterback pressures his college career. Reyes, Brockers, Cox and Still put together are nowhere near that. So Seymour still had big college production, and he had the big stats, he was not rated top10 on his "untapped" potential alone. Try better next time.

No he did not. And I'm mistaken. It wasn't 1 sack. He had 1.5 sacks in his final year.

He had an amazing first three years at UGA and was a bit disappointing in his senior year. In his senior year, he hadMarcus Stroud, New Orleans Saints defensive end Charles Grant, and DE Johnathan Sullivan has his 3 other D linemen as starters.

There is a reason why the Boston media went on a tirade after Bill took Rich over the Mich WR (Tom Brady's fav WR in college).

Can't we all just agree to disagree? :confused2:

lol you guys will never convince this guy anything other than Derek Wolfe being the second coming of Bruce Smith. Give up. Even after Wolfe is cut in 3 years he will blame it on the coaches not knowing how to use him properly.

No he did not. And I'm mistaken. It wasn't 1 sack. He had 1.5 sacks in his final year.

He had an amazing first three years at UGA and was a bit disappointing in his senior year. In his senior year, he hadMarcus Stroud, New Orleans Saints defensive end Charles Grant, and DE Johnathan Sullivan has his 3 other D linemen as starters.

LOL you contradict yourself so much its not even funny. So he had an amazing 3 years, but he didnt had the big college stats? 35 quarterback pressures is not a big stat? Reyes, Brockers, Cox, Still put together are nowhere near that. The fact is, Seymour had the big college stats. Try better next time.

I have to say, this guy is a very proficient troll.

LOL you contradict yourself so much its not even funny. So he had an amazing 3 years, but he didnt had the big college stats? 35 quarterback pressures is not a big stat? Reyes, Brockers, Cox, Still put together are nowhere near that. The fact is, Seymour had the big college stats. Try better next time.

Did you just copy and paste the same comment you posted prior to this?
Silly.

35 qb pressures divided by 4 years. Divide that by 12 games.

Did you just copy and paste the same comment you posted prior to this?
Silly.

35 qb pressures divided by 4 years. Divide that by 12 games.

Still many more than Reyes, Cox, Blockers and Still put together.
35 quarterback pressures in college in a great great numbers, so Seymour had the big stats.

His agent?

The liar has surfaced again. After he claimed that Bequette looked very stiff in the combine drills, the liar went down for a while, now he comes out again to throw BS around.

The liar has surfaced again. After he claimed that Bequette looked very stiff in the combine drills, the liar went down for a while, now he comes out again to throw BS around.

:)

Optimum Scouting - Jake Bequette 23rd ranked DE, predicted 5-7th round.

Ryan Lownes (DraftBreakdown) - Jake Bequette mid fourth rounder

NFP - 152nd overall

DraftBreakdown - 95th overall. (3rd rounder, not too bad).

PFW - 151st overall

ESPN - Not in their top 100.

I'm seeing a pattern here - they think he's stiff too. :singing:

e) his bf?:D

g) All of the above?

Finally my cover has been blown. I'm his grandfather, grandmother, mother, father, sister, brother, cousin, agent, manager, uncle, bf, gf, arkansas and cinci alumni(since I also talked about Bequette). The geniuses on this board have finally figured out whats the deal. They cannot stick with arguments, they have to resort to ad hominems.

Still many more than Reyes, Cox, Blockers and Still put together.
35 quarterback pressures in college in a great great numbers, so Seymour had the big stats.
How many pressures exactly did Reyes, Cox, Brockers, and Still have?

:)

Optimum Scouting - Jake Bequette 23rd ranked DE, predicted 5-7th round.

Ryan Lownes (DraftBreakdown) - Jake Bequette mid fourth rounder

NFP - 152nd overall

DraftBreakdown - 95th overall. (3rd rounder, not too bad).

PFW - 151st overall

ESPN - Not in their top 100.

I'm seeing a pattern here - they think he's stiff too. :singing:

Are these the same idiots who claimed precombine that Bequette is very stiff? LOL.
Bequette had an amazing combine, where he proved that he is very agile.
Only Irvin and Ingram put up a better 3 cone, but Bequette has the size advantage over both of them, 30 pounds on Irvin and 4 inches on Ingram.

After Bequette puts up a 6.9 3-cone and a 4.07 short shuttle, you have to be really idiot to claim that he is "really stiff". If they claim that Bequette is stiff, they have to claim the same thing for Ware, since his 3-cone and short shuttle were very similar to Bequette, 6.83 and 4.07 while 12 pounds lighter. That really shows what idiots those who claim the Bequette is very stiff are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back