PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Great Derek Wolfe Debate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek Wolfe is better because he has a highlight film on YouTube.

Can't find QB Pressures but... worth noting is that Reyes finished his career just 8 sacks behind Wolfe but more importantly, just 5.5 behind in TFL.

Derek Wolfe: 19.5 Sacks & 37 TFL

Kendall Reyes: 11.5 Sacks & 31.5 TFL
Fletcher Cox: 7.5 Sacks & 24.5 TFL
Michael Brockers: 2 Sacks & 10.5 TFL [2 Seasons]
Devon Still: 10.5 Sacks & 32.5 TFL
Cox + Brockers + Still + Reyes = 31.5 Sacks & 99 TFL

One of the knocks on Wolfe seems to be his struggle with double teams largely making him a 1 gap 4-3 DT type at the NFL level (or even a weakside rush DE). On the flipside, Reyes seems to have the strength & ability to battle through double teams offering more versatility potential at the NFL level.

From CBSSports
"Wolfe never quits and keeps fighting through the whistle with an overachieving mentality, but his lack of lower-body strength and inability to take on double-teams will limit his pro potential. A solid mid-round player who is at his best when isolated in one-on-one situations."

"Reyes played end and tackle for UConn in 2010, which helped NFL teams using 3-4 or 4-3 schemes to easily envision him as a five or three-technique, respectively. He flashes short-area quickness and strength to be a force in the middle, and improved consistency will help him increase his production while pushing him into an early-round selection."

One of the knocks on Wolfe seems to be his struggle with double teams largely making him a 1 gap 4-3 DT type at the NFL level (or even a weakside rush DE). On the flipside, Reyes seems to have the strength & ability to battle through double teams offering more versatility potential at the NFL level.

From CBSSports
"Wolfe never quits and keeps fighting through the whistle with an overachieving mentality, but his lack of lower-body strength and inability to take on double-teams will limit his pro potential. A solid mid-round player who is at his best when isolated in one-on-one situations."

You just regurgitate the BS put out by the same scouting services who claimed that Bequette is very stiff? "Lack of lower body strength" when Wolfe put up 33.5 inch vertical? LOL
If Wolfe lacks lower body strength, then what can we say about Brockers or Cox, who put up 26 inch vert. They probably have no lower body strength.
He still put up a lot more sacks and more TFLs than Reyes in his college career.

Wolfe also has "the strength & ability to battle through double teams offering more versatility potential at the NFL level".
Derek Wolfe vs Vanderbilt 2011 - YouTube
Just watch this game against SEC competition, he is always moving forward, even double teamed. Even double teams cant stop him. LOL at the BS that Wolfe doesn't have the "strength & ability to battle through double teams".

You use your brain to think or just take whatever BS the scouts put out and pass it along?
If Reyes has that magic ability, and Wolfe doesnt, why did Wolfe put up a lot more sacks and more TFLs playing the same position same conference? Was Wolfe taking advantage of a better teammate? No, in fact he was the one who got the double teams, which allowed his team to lead the nation in TFLs per game and to be second in the nation in sacks per game.

And by the way, it was Wolfe who got the DPOY in the Big East, not Reyes.

You just regurgitate the BS put out by the same scouting services who claimed that Bequette is very stiff? "Lack of lower body strength" when Wolfe put up 33.5 inch vertical? LOL
If Wolfe lacks lower body strength, then what can we say about Brockers or Cox, who put up 26 inch vert. They probably have no lower body strength.
He still put up a lot more sacks and more TFLs than Reyes in his college career.

Wolfe also has "the strength & ability to battle through double teams offering more versatility potential at the NFL level".
Derek Wolfe vs Vanderbilt 2011 - YouTube
Just watch this game against SEC competition, he is always moving forward, even double teamed. Even double teams cant stop him. LOL at the BS that Wolfe doesn't have the "strength & ability to battle through double teams".

You use your brain to think or just take whatever BS the scouts put out and pass it along?
If Reyes has that magic ability, and Wolfe doesnt, why did Wolfe put up a lot more sacks and more TFLs playing the same position same conference? Was Wolfe taking advantage of a better teammate? No, in fact he was the one who got the double teams, which allowed his team to lead the nation in TFLs per game and to be second in the nation in sacks per game.

And by the way, it was Wolfe who got the DPOY in the Big East, not Reyes.

Funny. Cause you are doing the same in all Derek Wolfe related threads.

Funny. Cause you are doing the same in all Derek Wolfe related threads.

You are really missing something upstairs. I expose the BS put out by the scouting services, I dont just pass it along as gospel like some are doing here. LOL at the BS claims that Bequette is "very stiff". LOL at the BS claims that Wolfe "lacks lower body strength" and cannot take on double teams, when against SEC competition he is always moving forward, even against double teams. Complete BS put out by the clown scouts.

Lets see the BS put out last year by the idiot scouts.

NFL draft rumors | National Football Post
There are growing concerns in draft circles about where Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan can play in the NFL. He doesn’t look fluid enough to play in space and lacks the anchor to hold up as a down defensive end. Also, a lot of sources have also said he’s a pretty “blah” athlete and isn’t going to test well at the NFL Combine.
The draft
I like Kerrigan as a pass rusher. The guy is relentless, he displays violent hands and has the short-area quickness to disengage and work toward the passer. However, in my mind he’s simply too stiff to stand up as a 34 OLB and isn’t nearly the type of anchor player many make him out with his hand on the ground. I think eventually he can mature into a solid three-down defensive end, but in my mind I don’t ever see him as an impact 10-plus sack guy in the NFL.

Uh-oh, so according to the idiot scout Kerrigan is too stiff, a "blah" athlete and cant play 3-4 OLB. That prediction sure turned out to be GOLD.
Kerrigan "lacked the anchor" just like Wolfe "lacks lower body strength". Kerrigan sure lacked that fluidity to play in space.

And by the way, Bequette put up a better 3-cone and short shuttle than Kerrigan.

Last edited:

Fair enough, I'll give my impressions play by play for you. If you think I'm wrong in what I see, fine, but I'll try it your way.

Play #1: Gets stood up 1-1 and QB gets the pass off in time.
Play #2: No Comment (wasn't sure where he was)
Play #3: Gets stood up 1-1 and QB gets the pass off in time.
Play #4: Gets stood up and knocked down after the HB helps out. QB nearly runs into him for a sack. Not a good thing to see.
Play #5: Gets taken out of the play and ends up lying on top of the OL.
Play #6: Gets stood up and the HB scores a TD running directly past the lane next to Wolfe.
Play #7: Struggles to get off the block and completely misses the HB as he tries to tackle him, diving away from the initial LOS. Another pretty ugly sight.
Play #8: Gets stood up and blown back a yard off the snap.
Play #9: Sheds a blocker, gets stood up, but helps stuff the run. Good play here.
Play #10: Stood up again but takes the HB down when the HB is parallel to him. Solid.
Play #11: Gets good upfield, gets off the block enough to assist in the tackle at the LOS.
Play #12: Gets engulfed in a double team and taken out of the play. Bad.
Play #13: Gets past his OL but doesn't have the speed or lateral ability to get to the sideline to make a tackle attempt.
Play #14: Gets stood up. Coverage sack as the QB tried to scramble and landed a yard shy of the LOS. Not impressed.
Play #15: Gets stood up. Swarming defense helps him out here.
Play #16: Gets stood up, fights off the OL, and again swarming defense.
Play #17: Gets pushed off by the G to the T. QB scrambles past him for a solid gain. Shows good hustle but again misses the tackle at the end.
Play #18: Gets double teamed despite good initial push. QB gets throw off.
Play #19: Double teamed pretty easily, gives effort. QB gets throw off.
Play #20: Gets double teamed and absolutely engulfed.
Play #21: Easily handled on a double team. QB gets throw off.
Play #22: Tries to get push but again the double team foils him. QB rolls out and gets throw off.
Play #23: Sheds the block 1-1 with a great move and nearly sacks the QB. Impressed with this one here. Resulted in an INT.
Play #24: Double teamed and not only taken out of the play but thrown to the ground. Not a good thing to see.
Play #25: Gets off his blocker and makes a solid tackle on the HB after a 2 yard run.
Play #26: Sheds his blocker, starts to shove another OL out of the way, and helps take down the HB in the backfield. Solid play.
Play #27: Doesn't get blocked on a screen and QB gets the throw off.
4:05 minute mark hits here

I'm gonna stop here so I don't make this post too long but here's what I thought about what I saw.

Overall: He has a solid first step and shows good acceleration, I'll certainly give him that. He also provided some initial push but too often got stood up, ineffectively disengaging around the blocker. The problems are that he rarely shed through double teams (despite the effort being there), he lacks the speed & agility to go sideline to sideline, and he missed several tackles that he should have made at the very least.

One thing that did trouble me was that I saw him on the ground multiple times in that video, never a good thing to see.

The 1 sack that he did get from 0:00 to 3:05 in that video, the QB was scrambling from the rush of another player and fell face first a yard behind the LOS where Wolfe tapped him down.

I appreciate the video but if anything, I think it made me see him even more a 4th-5th Round selection. He can be a good pick for a 4-3 team that asks him to go 1-1 and get after the QB... but he struggles against double teams and is suspect against outside runs/screens to the outside. That limits his usage at the NFL level.

There is a video of Reyes against Pittsburgh on Youtube (which I can't link yet). Already I'm more impressed at his general on field speed and his ability to get upfield. He also shows a greater hustle than Wolfe did (Wolfe jogged in several plays against Vanderbilt).

Last edited:
You are really missing something upstairs. I expose the BS put out by the scouting services, I dont just pass it along as gospel like some are doing here. LOL at the BS claims that Bequette is "very stiff". LOL at the BS claims that Wolfe "lacks lower body strength" and cannot take on double teams, when against SEC competition he is always moving forward, even against double teams. Complete BS put out by the clown scouts.

Lets see the BS put out last year by the idiot scouts.

NFL draft rumors | National Football Post
There are growing concerns in draft circles about where Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan can play in the NFL. He doesn’t look fluid enough to play in space and lacks the anchor to hold up as a down defensive end. Also, a lot of sources have also said he’s a pretty “blah” athlete and isn’t going to test well at the NFL Combine.
The draft
I like Kerrigan as a pass rusher. The guy is relentless, he displays violent hands and has the short-area quickness to disengage and work toward the passer. However, in my mind he’s simply too stiff to stand up as a 34 OLB and isn’t nearly the type of anchor player many make him out with his hand on the ground. I think eventually he can mature into a solid three-down defensive end, but in my mind I don’t ever see him as an impact 10-plus sack guy in the NFL.

Uh-oh, so according to the idiot scout Kerrigan is too stiff, a "blah" athlete and cant play 3-4 OLB. That prediction sure turned out to be GOLD.
Kerrigan "lacked the anchor" just like Wolfe "lacks lower body strength". Kerrigan sure lacked that fluidity to play in space.

And by the way, Bequette put up a better 3-cone and short shuttle than Kerrigan.

Funny. Most of us think the same thing about your infatuation for Mr. Wolfe.

There is a video of Reyes against Pittsburgh on Youtube (which I can't link yet). Already I'm more impressed at his general on field speed and his ability to get upfield. He also shows a greater hustle than Wolfe did (Wolfe jogged in several plays against Vanderbilt).

LOL you didnt do this did you? Too bad that there isn't a vid on youtube of Wolfe against Pittsburg, Wolfe would appear as a Pro Bowler compared with Reyes.

Wolfe had 2 sacks vs Pitt, Reyes 0 (nada, zip, zilch)
Wolfe had 2 TFL vs Pitt, Reyes 0 (nada, zip, ziltch)

So playing same position same team, Wolfe far outproduced Reyes.
You have been exposed.

Wolfe didn't jog any play agaisnt Vanderbilt, thats a lie. He played the same until the end, and at the end he wasnt gassed.

Wolfe was not credited with any sack vs Vanderbilt, so dont worry, nobody credited Wolfe with a sack he didnt make.

His problems (playing sometimes too upright, hand moves) can be easily
coached with a good coach, something which apparently cinci lacks. The
physical abilities are there, as he put up solid numbers in all combine drills.

He has the power and strength to get sacks and TFLs in games in which Reyes cant, even though Reyes supposedly is better than him. If Wolfe is 4-5 round, Reyes is 5-6 round. Despite your false assertion, Wolfe has a better ability to get upfield, as he showed in the Pitt game, where he got 2 sacks and 2 TFLs, while Reyes got a big fat 0 vs the same team with his "ability to get upfield". "Greater hustle" than Wolfe LOL. That "greater hustle" got him a big fat 0 sacks and TFL vs the same team against which Wolfe put up 2 sacks and 2 TFLs. So I guess that, even with "inferior hustle", Wolfe still has better production.

You have exposed, just like the clown scouts who put Wolfe behind Reyes.

Last edited:
Thread title should be changed into "The Great Derek Wolfe Pissing Contest!!"

:)

Optimum Scouting - Jake Bequette 23rd ranked DE, predicted 5-7th round.

Ryan Lownes (DraftBreakdown) - Jake Bequette mid fourth rounder

NFP - 152nd overall

DraftBreakdown - 95th overall. (3rd rounder, not too bad).

PFW - 151st overall

ESPN - Not in their top 100.

I'm seeing a pattern here - they think he's stiff too. :singing:

Not to pile-on here, but NFLDraftScout places Bequette 130th overall, at least as of 2/29.
NFL Draft - 2012 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Also as of the same date, Wolfe is ranked 200th overall.

I won't go as far as some (OK, one) and proclaim that B & W are perhaps the best players at their respective positions in this draft. However, I won't go as far as others and dismiss them out of hand as stiff, weak JAGs unqualified to ass-ume their places in this awesome, fear-instilling defense which, BTW, can use all the athletes it can find; and not use more blobs like Brace, GWarren & Ellis, and useless crap like Crable, Cunningham, Pierre Woods & Tubby-Banta-Cain't.

As far as I'm concerned, B & W should become Persons of Interest as early as the 3rd round, depending on what happens during the first 2 rounds.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I like Wolfe. I've put him in most of my mock drafts. So, please, no snide comments or overreaction from those who esteem Wolfe as a binky extraordinaire.

I may have missed this in my read-through, but no mention of Wolfe weighing in at only 280 at his pro day? I think that's a significant problem for a DT/DE in our scheme. He's got good versatility as a sub-package rusher as both a 43 LDE and UT, and perhaps situationally as a 34 DE. He could give us what we've lacked since Jarvis Green's heyday.

I see very little to encourage me, however, when projecting Wolfe as a high-level 2-gap end. He has talent, to be sure, but his game is built on speed and slanting into gaps in order to gain a step on OGs. When he has to engage and work his hands and feet in conjunction, he loses a lot of his speed and pops upright. That worries me a little. When I watch someone like Still play, however, I can easily see his power and stack-and-shed abilities translating to a 2-gap 34 position.

Production has little to do with scheme fit. Consider, for example, a WR from a spread offense who runs nothing but smoke and bubble screens, with the occasional shallow crosser, and a few posts/fades thrown in for good measure; his production may be immense, but as a pro prospect he may not find a home in the NFL. Patrick Edwards, for example, had enormous production this year, but his size, speed, and scheme all work against him. He had 1752 yards and 20 touchdowns, but is projected to go undrafted. He's a good player, but his skills don't necessarily translate. For every Wes Welker success story, there are a hundred more who don't make it.

For the record: I'm still hoping for Wolfe this year and Hunt next year. :singing:

Some people have been projecting Wolfe as an Elephant LB due to his good quickness for his size. Interesting that he was 280 at his pro day because that pretty much says I want to be a DE. I was reading a Razorback forum about him and the fans there are pretty split on him being a DE or OLB. Most think he'll be a contributor, some think he'll be three years and out. Nobody was projecting him as a star.

EDIT, disregard I was reading about Bequette but crossed the two since they seemed linked in this thread.

Last edited:
I was reading a Razorback forum about him and the fans there are pretty split on him being a DE or OLB. Most think he'll be a contributor, some think he'll be three years and out. Nobody was projecting him as a star.

Link to the Razorback forum?

Not projecting him as a star? Maybe they need to read the first post in this thread. NFL Forum :: - Study on pass rushing 3-4 OLBs: 3-Cone Drill; Vert and Broad

Yeah, the best pass rushers have more often than not under 7.0 3 cone or over 39 inch vert, while the pass rushers busts have more often than not over 7.0 3-cone and under 39 inch vert.

Bequette has a 6.9 3-cone, and a 4.07 short shuttle, numbers very close to D Ware or Clay Matthews. For his size of 6'5" and 274 weight, he put up the best agility numbers at the combine.

Bequette also has very good college production.
Official Website of the Senior Bowl
CAREER SUMMARY: Bequette finished his career ranked third in school history with 23.5 sacks and 13th on UA’s all-time career tackles for loss list with 31.5. He recorded 140 tackles, 24 quarterback hurries, eight forced fumbles, seven pass breakups and three fumble recoveries while appearing in 48 games with 42 starts.

2011: Bequette was named first-team All-SEC by the conference’s coaches after making 28 tackles, 10.5 for loss with 10.0 sacks, five forced fumbles, five quarterback hurries and one pass breakup in 10 games with 10 starts, missing three contests due to an injury

Yeah, first team All SEC by the coaches. Probably all these coaches are stupid, the genious scouts who put Bequette in the 4-5th round know better. The other players on the defensive list, who entered this draft, are all projected in the first round, only Bequette is projected in the 4-5th. Why would that be, when Bequette has great college production and put up fantastic numbers at the combine for his size? Oh, he's "very stiff". I guess that would mean D Ware is very stiff too, since he put up agility numbers similar to Bequette while having 12 pounds less. Clay Matthews is very stiff too, since he put up agility numbers similar to Bequette,

Fair enough, I'll give my impressions play by play for you. If you think I'm wrong in what I see, fine, but I'll try it your way.

Play #4: Gets stood up and knocked down after the HB helps out. QB nearly runs into him for a sack. Not a good thing to see.
Play #6: Gets stood up and the HB scores a TD running directly past the lane next to Wolfe.
Play #7: Struggles to get off the block and completely misses the HB as he tries to tackle him, diving away from the initial LOS. Another pretty ugly sight.
Play #9: Sheds a blocker, gets stood up, but helps stuff the run. Good play here.
Play #10: Stood up again but takes the HB down when the HB is parallel to him. Solid.
Play #11: Gets good upfield, gets off the block enough to assist in the tackle at the LOS.
Play #13: Gets past his OL but doesn't have the speed or lateral ability to get to the sideline to make a tackle attempt.
Play #14: Gets stood up. Coverage sack as the QB tried to scramble and landed a yard shy of the LOS. Not impressed.
Play #17: Gets pushed off by the G to the T. QB scrambles past him for a solid gain. Shows good hustle but again misses the tackle at the end.
Play #22: Tries to get push but again the double team foils him. QB rolls out and gets throw off.
Play #23: Sheds the block 1-1 with a great move and nearly sacks the QB. Impressed with this one here. Resulted in an INT.
Play #24: Double teamed and not only taken out of the play but thrown to the ground. Not a good thing to see.
Play #25: Gets off his blocker and makes a solid tackle on the HB after a 2 yard run.
Play #26: Sheds his blocker, starts to shove another OL out of the way, and helps take down the HB in the backfield. Solid play.

I'm gonna stop here so I don't make this post too long but here's what I thought about what I saw.

Overall: He has a solid first step and shows good acceleration, I'll certainly give him that. He also provided some initial push but too often got stood up, ineffectively disengaging around the blocker. The problems are that he rarely shed through double teams (despite the effort being there), he lacks the speed & agility to go sideline to sideline, and he missed several tackles that he should have made at the very least.

One thing that did trouble me was that I saw him on the ground multiple times in that video, never a good thing to see.

The 1 sack that he did get from 0:00 to 3:05 in that video, the QB was scrambling from the rush of another player and fell face first a yard behind the LOS where Wolfe tapped him down.

I appreciate the video but if anything, I think it made me see him even more a 4th-5th Round selection. He can be a good pick for a 4-3 team that asks him to go 1-1 and get after the QB... but he struggles against double teams and is suspect against outside runs/screens to the outside. That limits his usage at the NFL level.

Magnificent job, thanks for the great work.

(Wolfe jogged in several plays against Vanderbilt).

Funny how you didnt mention which plays Wolfe took off. you just threw BS around and hoped it would stick. Fact is, Wolfe took no play off, always gave 100%, always hustling, moving forward non-stop even aganst double teams, until either the QB threw or made a run.

Uh - Oh. Lets put this list on perspective, with all those 'he got stood up and QB gets the pass off in time" and "engulfed by double teams and get taken out of play". Lets take the best DL of the Pats, Wilfork, in the bowl game, the SB. Eli completed 75% of his passes, 30 of 40 throws, and of the incompletions, many were either forced by the Pats secondary, or Eli and his receivers weren't on the same page.

Wilfork was double teamed 25% of his snaps in the SB. Patriots? offense a failure in Super Bowl - Page 4 - Boston.com

How would Wilfork's list look in the SB?

Play #1. Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #2. Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #3. Wilfork gets double teamed and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #4 Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time, Pats secondary force an incompletion.
Play #5 Easily handled 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time
Play #6 Easily handled 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time
Play #7 Easily handled by a double-team and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #8 Easily handled 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time, Pats secondary force an incompletion.
Play #9 Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #10 Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #11 Easily handled by a double-team who engulf him, and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #12 Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time, Pats secondary force an incompletion.
Play #13 Easily handled 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time
Play #14 Easily handled 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time
Play #15 Easily handled by a double-team and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #16 Easily handled 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time, Pats secondary force an incompletion.
Play #17 Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time, Pats secondary force an incompletion.
Play #18 Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #19 Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #20 gets double teamed, which allows one of his teammates to pressure the QB, who throws it into the stands. Nice play here. Solid
Play #21 Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #22 Easily handled 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time
Play #23 Easily handled by a double-team and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #24 Tries to get push but again the double team foils him. QB rolls out and gets throw off.

I think I'll stop here.

Uh-Oh. Wilfork looked terrible. Terrible. With so much NFL experience, he got stood up 1-1 so many times, and he was easily handled by the double team so many times. And that article I linked above confirms it, Eli barely looked rushed all night long.

Yeah, I put your analysis in perspective. This way, even a very good player like Wilfork looks like a scrub, who should be taken no earlier than 5-6 round.

The right analysis would take into account that his problems are technique related, and can easily be corrected with a good DL coach, which the Pats probably have. He showed plenty of flashes of excellence in that Vanderbilt vid, didnt took any play off, always gave 100%. Even in the Vanderbilt game, he got much better against the run as the game progressed, yes he didnt look too good at the beginning, but he greatly improved as the game progressed. So he's a fast learner, he has a brain between his ears. He has the power and strength to succeed where Reyes couldnt, see Pitt games.

I appreciate your bad effort of putting Wolfe in a very bad light, If I put Wilfork under the same microscope, Wilfork also looks very bad. So easy to put a very good player in a very bad light while claiming to do an "objective analysis". I exposed your BS once again. Try better next time. And try not to lie with claims like Wolfe took plays off.

Gotta love the logic here. Wilfork sucks, so Wolfe doesn't. Wow.

Gotta love the logic here. Wilfork sucks, so Wolfe doesn't. Wow.

LOL. If thats the way you are spinning it, you are beyond LOL.

Funny how you didnt mention which plays Wolfe took off. you just threw BS around and hoped it would stick. Fact is, Wolfe took no play off, always gave 100%, always hustling, moving forward non-stop even aganst double teams, until either the QB threw or made a run.

Uh - Oh. Lets put this list on perspective, with all those 'he got stood up and QB gets the pass off in time" and "engulfed by double teams and get taken out of play". Lets take the best DL of the Pats, Wilfork, in the bowl game, the SB. Eli completed 75% of his passes, 30 of 40 throws, and of the incompletions, many were either forced by the Pats secondary, or Eli and his receivers weren't on the same page.

Wilfork was double teamed 25% of his snaps in the SB. Patriots? offense a failure in Super Bowl - Page 4 - Boston.com

How would Wilfork's list look in the SB?

Play #1. Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #2. Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #3. Wilfork gets double teamed and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #4 Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time, Pats secondary force an incompletion.
Play #5 Easily handled 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time
Play #6 Easily handled 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time
Play #7 Easily handled by a double-team and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #8 Easily handled 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time, Pats secondary force an incompletion.
Play #9 Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #10 Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #11 Easily handled by a double-team who engulf him, and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #12 Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time, Pats secondary force an incompletion.
Play #13 Easily handled 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time
Play #14 Easily handled 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time
Play #15 Easily handled by a double-team and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #16 Easily handled 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time, Pats secondary force an incompletion.
Play #17 Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time, Pats secondary force an incompletion.
Play #18 Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #19 Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #20 gets double teamed, which allows one of his teammates to pressure the QB, who throws it into the stands. Nice play here. Solid
Play #21 Wilfork gets stood up 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #22 Easily handled 1-1 and the QB gets off the pass in time
Play #23 Easily handled by a double-team and the QB gets off the pass in time.
Play #24 Tries to get push but again the double team foils him. QB rolls out and gets throw off.

I think I'll stop here.

Uh-Oh. Wilfork looked terrible. Terrible. With so much NFL experience, he got stood up 1-1 so many times, and he was easily handled by the double team so many times. And that article I linked above confirms it, Eli barely looked rushed all night long.

Yeah, I put your analysis in perspective. This way, even a very good player like Wilfork looks like a scrub, who should be taken no earlier than 5-6 round.

The right analysis would take into account that his problems are technique related, and can easily be corrected with a good DL coach, which the Pats probably have. He showed plenty of flashes of excellence in that Vanderbilt vid, didnt took any play off, always gave 100%. Even in the Vanderbilt game, he got much better against the run as the game progressed, yes he didnt look too good at the beginning, but he greatly improved as the game progressed. So he's a fast learner, he has a brain between his ears. He has the power and strength to succeed where Reyes couldnt, see Pitt games.

I appreciate your bad effort of putting Wolfe in a very bad light, If I put Wilfork under the same microscope, Wilfork also looks very bad. So easy to put a very good player in a very bad light while claiming to do an "objective analysis". I exposed your BS once again. Try better next time. And try not to lie with claims like Wolfe took plays off.

You do know what Wilfork goes up against pros and Wolfe goes up against college kids, and that there's a Grand Canyon sized gap in talent between the two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3