PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Jets at Patriots Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baloney!

The New England Patriots started the season 6-1. The New England Patriots ended the season 12-4. A 6-3 finish is not an improvement over a 6-1 start. A defensive collapse in the second half of the AFC Championship Game is not an improvement during the course of a season.

I'd just like to note that I thoroughly don't believe that collapse happens with Rodney in and covering Clark instead of Alexander. But Jeff Fisher decided to be Jeff Fisher...

It's always good to get a win, but as KGB said in Rounders - I feel so unsetisfied!!

I don't know, I feel pretty satisfied. I mean, remember a few years ago the Pats beat down the Jets 45-3 — a VERY satisfying win — and look where it got them a few weeks later.

Are You serious? So now Brady wasn't clutch in 2001 in the Snow Bowl and the Superbowl and in the Superbowl against the Panthers because he drove the team into range for the game winning field goals rather then a TD? And yes the early Brady days had great defenses but lets be serious. Was 2007 a great defense? How about last year? Granted we didn't win those Superbowls but we got to those on offense alone. Brady is not a "good qb" riding the coat tails of good defenses. get real you troll.

Did Brady score any TDs? Or driving your team to FG range is considered clutch? It was when we had good defense, but watch Rogers, Eli, even Marty Ice, they score TDs.
Brady is what he is a good QB who rode on the backs on some good defense. The sooner you realize that the better you will be. I love the guy, but with a bad defense, he craps in this pants.

I was talking to this guy in my last post

We're 4-3. We were 5-3 just last year!! Lost to the Bills.
If we go 5-3 again, we'll be in the same position. Plus, I still say the replacement refs cost the Patriots that Ravens game. It was the worst reffed Pats game I can remember.

Yup! No complaints about the result against the Seahawks or the Cardinals (and I'd have had no complaint if they lost on Sunday). But really ...

Didn't catch the game as originally broadcast, but I watched the replay last night. Few things of note:

1. The Pats played a lot more man-coverage (especially underneath) than the game thread made it seem. Sanchez played *great* for the most part.

2. The Pats *did* play a lot of soft zone on that game-tying FG, so I can understand the perception that they played a lot more.

3. Jets OL did a much better job in the 2nd half, particularly in the run-blocking up the middle as well as keeping the pocket from collapsing in front of Sanchez. Good halftime adjustment by the Jets.

4. That being said, the Pats did very little to create pressure. No stunts, too much Kyle Love, no LB blitzing.

5. Brandon Lloyd's first two drops were horrendous. The third drop (while driving for the game-tying FG) was bad, but not as egregious as the first two. Brady made good decisions, but Lloyd let him and the team down. I don't think it's fair to complain about "the Pats forcing the ball downfield"...the plays were there.

6. A few of Lloyd's 8 targets were uncatchable so his "12.5% catch rate" is unfair.

7. Pats for the most part called a good game offensive-wise. They used formations and personnel fairly well in setting up the Jets, including some play-action. Drives were often killed by bad execution (LLoyd's drops, penalties).

8. As far as questionable playcalling goes, one 3rd down that killed them was a hurry-up run handoff to the RB behind Brady while under center. The Jets completely sold out to stop the run and the Pats ran into it. This was something the Pats had done with success (and with a healthy OL) in past games, so the Jets did a good job watching film and the Pats did a bad job of self-scouting. It's a situation like that where the Pats should use some play-action to keep the D honest.

9. The failed back-to-back screens early in the 4th appeared to be a result of too much going to the well. The Pats had great success with the screens earlier in the game, so expecting the Jets to fall for those continually was foolish.

10. The Jets kick coverage on McCourty's TD was horrific. Any competent kick returner would have turned that into a TD.

11. I think the Pats benefited *greatly* from the clock stopping prematurely at 2:01 in the 4th after McCourty's fumble. I think one second more should have run off.

12. Thank God the Pats saved all 3 timeouts for the end of the game. Shows how having all of them are important when needed.

My key takeaways from the game were blown opportunities by the Pats offense (especially Lloyd drops) in the first half that could have turned the game into a rout early, Sanchez played very well overall (especially on both TD drives), the Pats chose the worst time to play soft zone (game-tying FG) and the Pats (especially Brady and Gostkowski) came up huge the last two times they had the ball.

My attitude about these types of games is that they are learning experiences (and film compilation) to better the team come the 2nd half and post-season. Yes, there are issues to address (and now there is hard evidence to peruse for ideas on improvement), but as long as they can win they buy breathing room in case they stumble along the way (see Arizona, Baltimore, Seattle). I'm confident the D we'll see come winter will be much improved over the one we see now. 2011, 2010...heck, even 2005 gives me reason to believe this.

Regards,
Chris

8. As far as questionable playcalling goes, one 3rd down that killed them was a hurry-up run handoff to the RB behind Brady while under center. The Jets completely sold out to stop the run and the Pats ran into it. This was something the Pats had done with success (and with a healthy OL) in past games, so the Jets did a good job watching film and the Pats did a bad job of self-scouting. It's a situation like that where the Pats should use some play-action to keep the D honest.

Aye. I remember thinking that it was a perfect time to hit them with a play action.

Looks like Felger and Mazz are buying into the clock conspiracy (though not to the extent of saying it was cheating).

Both teams played sloppily, The Jets (obviously) more so than the Patriots.

• Both QB missed WIDE open receivers in the middle of the field.
  • McCourty's Fumble
  • Hill's big drop.
  • Sanchez trying to throw the ball while taking a sack
  • Sanchez's AWFUL interception! A wounded duck of a pass if I ever saw one.
  • Jets not running Shonn Greene, or even Tim Tebow, on that 3rd & 1 near the end zone. They settled for a slant instead and it failed.
  • Brandon Lloyd's drops
  • Mixed up coverage which allowed Gronkowski to score his second touchdown. WIDE THE HELL OPEN.
  • Sanchez and Greene's mishandled snap which turned into a saftey.
  • Jets going into a prevent defense during Brady's game-tying drive in regulation
  • Jeremy Kerley taking TWO…not one but TWO field goals inside of the 7 yard line!

I, as a humble and objective Jets fan, might even say that my Jets outplayed the Patriots for most of the game. Self-inflicted damage was the cause of our demise.

Anyway, congrats on a great win. Aaaaannndddd I'll see you on Thanksgiving.

P.S. I would like your opinions on this theory: I would say that, as a humble and objective Jets fan, the Jets are playing better, and are a better team without Santonio Holmes on the field.

I think that it took a game to get over the Revis injury. They hit rock bottom during the 34-0 annihilation vs. the 49ers. There is no excuse for the way they played that game. But then they played the Texans close, much closer than anyone thought. You see the receivers Sanchez had for that game:

1. Chaz Schilens --- 7th round pick
  2. Jeremy Kerley---5th round pick
  3. Jeff Cumberalnd ---Undrafted
  4. Clyde Gates ---4th round pick
  5. Jason Hill ---3rd Round Pick (from his living room sofa)

Sanchez is no Brady (obviously)! There is no way! he can win with that lack of talent around him. The fact that we kept it close tells me a lot.

I think if we can clean up the mistakes, we can win 9 or 10 games this season in a WIDE OPEN AFC.

But of course I will be dismissed as a stupid Jets fan optimist. But try and put your Jets hatred to the side here...do I make ANY sense at all?

Thanks,
eifmp

Both teams played sloppily, The Jets (obviously) more so than the Patriots.

• Both QB missed WIDE open receivers in the middle of the field.
  • McCourty's Fumble
  • Hill's big drop.
  • Sanchez trying to throw the ball while taking a sack
  • Sanchez's AWFUL interception! A wounded duck of a pass if I ever saw one.
  • Jets not running Shonn Greene, or even Tim Tebow, on that 3rd & 1 near the end zone. They settled for a slant instead and it failed.
  • Brandon Lloyd's drops
  • Mixed up coverage which allowed Gronkowski to score his second touchdown. WIDE THE HELL OPEN.
  • Sanchez and Greene's mishandled snap which turned into a saftey.
  • Jets going into a prevent defense during Brady's game-tying drive in regulation
  • Jeremy Kerley taking TWO…not one but TWO field goals inside of the 7 yard line!

I, as a humble and objective Jets fan, might even say that my Jets outplayed the Patriots for most of the game. Self-inflicted damage was the cause of our demise.

Anyway, congrats on a great win. Aaaaannndddd I'll see you on Thanksgiving.

P.S. I would like your opinions on this theory: I would say that, as a humble and objective Jets fan, the Jets are playing better, and are a better team without Santonio Holmes on the field.

I think that it took a game to get over the Revis injury. They hit rock bottom during the 34-0 annihilation vs. the 49ers. There is no excuse for the way they played that game. But then they played the Texans close, much closer than anyone thought. You see the receivers Sanchez had for that game:

1. Chaz Schilens --- 7th round pick
  2. Jeremy Kerley---5th round pick
  3. Jeff Cumberalnd ---Undrafted
  4. Clyde Gates ---4th round pick
  5. Jason Hill ---3rd Round Pick (from his living room sofa)

Sanchez is no Brady (obviously)! There is no way! he can win with that lack of talent around him. The fact that we kept it close tells me a lot.

I think if we can clean up the mistakes, we can win 9 or 10 games this season in a WIDE OPEN AFC.

But of course I will be dismissed as a stupid Jets fan optimist. But try and put your Jets hatred to the side here...do I make ANY sense at all?

Thanks,
eifmp

Not really much sense IMO

The Jets aren't winning 10 games,to do that,they would have to go 7-2 the next 9 games.....ain't happening,8-8 or 9-7 would be a super good year for your team but the playoffs are unlikely.

The Pats might win just 10 games but that will win the AFCE

I wouldn't get excited about sticking with the Pats because of several reasons....

1)you won't see as sorry ass of a secondary or as poor of a pass rush as much as you saw last Sunday with the Pats too much more this season,so Sanchez will go back to suckville soon.

2) Revis-less secondary will rear its ugly head once you face an offense with a bonafide long bomb receiver,Lloyd is a joke as a long ball WR,when on his game he s very good at circus catches but not exactly a Randy Moss...no barn burner in NE so that Jets secondary will be burned sooner than later.

Last edited:
Blitz Turdchez and he turtles...for the rest of the game...SF proved that

He was well on his way to Belly Up Pond until Cushing got illegally cut by Slauson...dirty tricks by that fat degenerate

He completed passes against the Pats on plays that the Pats didn't blitz, which was every play except four...that last one displayed the fact that if you blitz and hit the Mexiturd, he crumbles like a week old taco.

It's easy to play loose when you're a ten point dog...let's see how your world beaters play at home as the favorite....Miami WILL be coming after the ex-cougar hunter....media pressure will declare the Jets a huge favorite and set it up so that Wrecks cannot lose this game...which as we saw the last three games last season, the Jets DO when they have any pressure on them at all. Expect Wrecks to pull out all the dirty tricks he can to injure Bush and the other Phin standouts on D.

BTW...it's about time to put this "I'm a Jet fan tough guy" bullcrap to rest....when you openly adore and root for a degenerate toe sukker, you are rooting for the opposite of a tough guy...a fat toe sukker is the paradigm for all cowards. Crying, whining, wearing wigs, talking like a spoiled little fat brat sissy who grew up with the ability to bull***** everybody into thinking HE is some kind of "tough guy!!!"...he's a fat coward joke.

It's almost Tebow time...and then the inevitable 100th head coach in ten years..."this time THIS guy is the guy!!!! OG OG OG!!!"

Last edited:
I'll put on my best 'neutral' hat for this, but Jets fans won't like it.

...Sanchez is no Brady (obviously)! There is no way! he can win with that lack of talent around him. The fact that we kept it close tells me a lot.

The game was close for two main reasons:

1.) Brandon Lloyd's drops and missed catch opportunities
2.) Patriots secondary sucks

There were some other reasons, but those are the keys. No offense to Jets fans, but neither of those bodes particularly well for the Jets, because they were specific to the Patriots game, and not really a product of the Jets doing anything.

I hate to play the "who do you beat?" game with a schedule here, but looking at who the Jets play and where....

Miami
@Seattle
@St. Louis
New England
Arizona
@Jacksonville
@Tennessee
San Diego
@Buffalo

I see one "Definitely should win" in Jacksonville
I see one "Definitely should lose" in New England (New England played lousy and history shows that they should be better in November and beyond)
I see one "Probably should win because they've owned them" in Buffalo

The rest I see as questionable. I don't think I'd favor the Jets in any of the remaining games besides Miami (and maybe St.Louis), though. Giving you Miami and Buffalo, the Jets still need 3 wins to get to 9. I could be wrong, but I don't see 3 wins with the rest of the schedule, and I definitely don't see the 4 needed to get to 10 wins. I just don't see a 6-3 second 'half'.

Thanks,
eifmp

I think you're reading too much into games against a Colts team that can't stop the run at all, and a Patriots team that can't stop the pass at all. Remember, the week before the Colts game, Jets fans were ready to clean house.

Last edited:

He was well on his way to Belly Up Pond until Cushing got illegally cut by Slauson...dirty tricks by that fat degenerate

He completed passes against the Pats on plays that the Pats didn't blitz, which was every play except four...that last one displayed the fact that if you blitz and hit the Mexiturd, he crumbles like a week old taco.

It's easy to play loose when you're a ten point dog...let's see how your world beaters play at home as the favorite....Miami WILL be coming after the ex-cougar hunter....media pressure will declare the Jets a huge favorite and set it up so that Wrecks cannot lose this game...which as we saw the last three games last season, the Jets DO when they have any pressure on them at all. Expect Wrecks to pull out all the dirty tricks he can to injure Bush and the other Phin standouts on D.

BTW...it's about time to put this "I'm a Jet fan tough guy" bullcrap to rest....when you openly adore and root for a degenerate toe sukker, you are rooting for the opposite of a tough guy...a fat toe sukker is the paradigm for all cowards. Crying, whining, wearing wigs, talking like a spoiled little fat brat sissy who grew up with the ability to bull***** everybody into thinking HE is some kind of "tough guy!!!"...he's a fat coward joke.

It's almost Tebow time...and then the inevitable 100th head coach in ten years..."this time THIS guy is the guy!!!! OG OG OG!!!"

Dude, wrong thread....

I dunno whether you're serious or sarcastic. But I'll respond to certain things.

The Dolphins blitzed a lot during the game down in Miami. And though Sanchez didn't play his best game statistically, he stood in the pocket and took tough hits.

I have no excuse/response to offer for the 49ers game though.

Cushing himself said he didn't think the Slausson block was illegal. But the NFL disagreed (and of course they get everything right) so I digress.

As far as rooting for a "degenerate toe sukker", I would rather root for him than a man who sleeps with a married woman and wrecked someone else's family in the process. Or have we chosen to forget about Sharon Shenocca.

No...I haven't forgotten her...but hey, while you're here...help me remember the 15 baby mommas that Cro has used to set procreation records...seems even HE can't remember... and since you seem to endorse sexual fetisihes, as shown by your approval of toe sukking, what else makes your A-1 List...scatological escapades?...a little innocent bestiality?...infantilism?

and BTW, as usual, typical Rat fan lying....Sharon Shenocca and her kids, her brother and HIS wife all share the NY townhouse that BB bought...the only one who's "screwed" is the plaster mogul, Vinny, her wannabe gangster ex-hubby now..of course YOU would bring up an issue that occurred in 2007 to deflect and diminish ongoing open deviancy that kids are exposed to every time that fat blubbering degenerate opens his mouth on ESPN....millions of Americans divorce every year but not very many do THIS for the whole world to see and be disgusted by...

rex-ryan-wife-feet.jpg

Rex-Ryan-Wife-Feet1.jpg

Last edited:
Gentlemen, is there really need for dumbass attacks on both teams coaches? Who cares about Ryan's fetishes (everyone has them)? And who cares about Belichick's private life (Even if he did cheat on his wife, and I don't think he did, is this really anything new)? What a waste of energy. Can't we break down what was, sloppiness aside, a pretty fun game in retrospect?

I for one really like Rex Ryan. Yeah he's on the Jets and they're a **** club (I think any sane Jets fan would at least partially concede this). But I think he's a good coach and his personality is good for the game. He's not despicable like Brother Rob is to me.

neville-chamberlain.jpg

yeah...thanx for the unsolicited advice, Neville...

neville-chamberlain.jpg

yeah...thanx for the unsolicited advice, Neville...

Heh i wonder how many actually know who that man is?

Dude got screwed over by history imo. How many would have the balls to act differently(aside from the nutter that followed him)?

I used to have a lot more respect for the Jets than I do now. It started with Parcells and went downhill fast since. Under the current regime they've become one of the most unprofessional and disrespectful teams that I can remember.

I liked this Pats win because the Jets should have won, but after making the (not so unusual lately) comeback against our team, the Jets turned around and lost it in heartbreaking fashion anyway. Those hurt more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3