PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots Need to start Hiring Coaches at this point...

I under appreciated Reid for years, but his stint in K.C. has shown him to be a first ballot HOF coach. I wonder if Mayo can get him to be his OC?
It must be a luxury having Mahomes as your QB but I enjoy watching his offense play. You'd think he'd be copied more. His bunch formations are the best I've ever seen. The confusion it creates for defenses. And with a QB with a quick trigger, it's just highly effective.

I under appreciated Reid for years, but his stint in K.C. has shown him to be a first ballot HOF coach. I wonder if Mayo can get him to be his OC?
He's a good coach... Built competitive teams in both Philly and KC... And lol at him going to anywhere as an OC... Nice pipe dream though

Agree with all of this, but I think Pittman is going to get overpaid.
I don't think he's leaving Indy, considering he drove their offense when Jonathan Taylor was out... based in their track record, they won't Tag him, so there is a chance to snag him... they haven't used the tag since 2013, when they tagged P Pat McAfee

Still wondering why the Pats haven't announced any hirings...

They could do a lot to solidify the defensive coaching staff, which appears to be in decent shape based on last year... The only thing they would need to do is replace Covington (assuming he gets the job) as the DL coach... unless there are any in house candidates that could take the next step... Unless they think Covington is not right for the job... Maybe Steve Belichick gets slotted into that role? seems like a more natural fit for DC that Covington...

If they do this, that wipes one side of the ball off the table, no more multi-tasking... Could concentrate on hiring the offensive side of the ball, followed by securing the special team coaches that are sorely needed...

Still wondering why the Pats haven't announced any hirings...

They could do a lot to solidify the defensive coaching staff, which appears to be in decent shape based on last year... The only thing they would need to do is replace Covington (assuming he gets the job) as the DL coach... unless there are any in house candidates that could take the next step... Unless they think Covington is not right for the job... Maybe Steve Belichick gets slotted into that role? seems like a more natural fit for DC that Covington...

If they do this, that wipes one side of the ball off the table, no more multi-tasking... Could concentrate on hiring the offensive side of the ball, followed by securing the special team coaches that are sorely needed...

I think it’s related to the Belichick situation. I think Mayo would like to have some continuity on the staff, and gave the Belichick’s, and possibly some other coaches a window to see how things develop. However, if that’s true then I think it’s safe to say that the window is closing, and they need to start finalizing all positions.

I think it’s related to the Belichick situation. I think Mayo would like to have some continuity on the staff, and gave the Belichick’s, and possibly some other coaches a window to see how things develop. However, if that’s true then I think it’s safe to say that the window is closing, and they need to start finalizing all positions.
I find the idea of Belichick's sons staying on implausible in the extreme.

If the Patriots needed to cut ties with Belichick, it would be madness for them to stay on.

Any little fissure is going to get exploited, blame for losses, spies inside the house, all the bad blood -- and there is absolutely a lot of bad blood -- will come pouring through the double doors of that elevator onto the Belichick twins (yes, that's a shining reference).

The one that puzzles me is Covington. They know him, he knows them. He was touted as most likely DC hire. Seems like it could have been done already? Hope its not that Covington wants to leave,

I find the idea of Belichick's sons staying on implausible in the extreme.
Oh I don't, especially since Belichick won't be coaching in 2024... who walks away voluntarily in that situation

I think it’s related to the Belichick situation.
After Atlanta announced the Raheem Morris hire, the Belichick situation became a non-issue

Amen, Preach it... Can't stand disloyalty... Like those who, i dunno, rooted for another team for a few years, then pop back up on the Pats bandwagon... those types definitely need to have a meet up with Mayo's bat, right?

I am beginning to understand the delay. Mayo may be getting turned down by his first and second choices.
In the case of the special teams coordinator from Atlanta, the patriots were only offering him a lateral move. He may have just preferred to stay with Atlanta and work for the new coach with the same title.
I was just thinking... I know some may turn thier noses up.. but I think Mayo should hire McDaniels. He has some pedigree as we all know, he's a veteran coach, been at other stops. He's a great offensive minded coach. It just seems like the other candidates are going elsewhere. So why not just have McDaniels back? I'd be ok with him and the New QB. The sooner we get an OC the more we can focus on FA, and the draft. I'm sure Mayo's heads spinning right now. However getting the OC now solves a huge problem.

I was just thinking... I know some may turn thier noses up.. but I think Mayo should hire McDaniels. He has some pedigree as we all know, he's a veteran coach, been at other stops. He's a great offensive minded coach. It just seems like the other candidates are going elsewhere. So why not just have McDaniels back? I'd be ok with him and the New QB. The sooner we get an OC the more we can focus on FA, and the draft. I'm sure Mayo's heads spinning right now. However getting the OC now solves a huge problem.
If they are keeping Mac, I would agree on McDaniels... but the guys he has interviewed so far point to a new direction for the offense

I would be fine with McDaniels....but a new approach might be better.

I would love Robinson, Bienemy or the Lions coach.

If they are keeping Mac, I would agree on McDaniels... but the guys he has interviewed so far point to a new direction for the offense
Mac is such an unknown, as I've mentioned I don't think he and zap can co-exist on this roster together especially with a new QB coming in (hopefully Daniels) we are going to have to get a vet in here anyway I'd imagine. It's just feeling like most of the candidates are going elsewhere.

The one that puzzles me is Covington. They know him, he knows them. He was touted as most likely DC hire. Seems like it could have been done already? Hope its not that Covington wants to leave,
Could just be that they want to “interview” more candidates that will be end up getting offers as position coaches like the Steelers assistant DB coach. They did that with the OC search last year when they brought Klemm in even though they knew they were going with O’Brien.

I would be fine with McDaniels....but a new approach might be better.

I would love Robinson, Bienemy or the Lions coach.
Beienemy would be my choice, if McDaniels doesn't come through. However just my gut feeling is McDaniels will be here..

If they are keeping Mac and bringing back Josh McDaniels then this franchise can no longer be considered to be serious about winning.

It's literally impossible to win a championship with that.

Beienemy would be my choice, if McDaniels doesn't come through. However just my gut feeling is McDaniels will be here..
issue is he is currently the OC in Washington... until they cut him loose, don't think we can interview him without permission... and so far, he hasn't taken an interview anywhere... not sure he's available at this point

issue is he is currently the OC in Washington... until they cut him loose, don't think we can interview him without permission... and so far, he hasn't taken an interview anywhere... not sure he's available at this point
Thanks for the update on that. I know we are interviewing another candidate Getsy I've seen.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back