PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots Need to start Hiring Coaches at this point...

Nice to see Mayo starting to make his moves... 'bout time... this should have been settled a week ago... hope to hear more about the defensive staff in the next few days

Nice to see Mayo starting to make his moves... 'bout time... this should have been settled a week ago... hope to hear more about the defensive staff in the next few days

Good, get that settled. On the side….get an extension going for Barmore

if steve b isn't gonna be the dc,then i'd be surprised if he stayed because it's kind of a demotion to work under last year's dl coach who didn't call the plays or coordinate the d. maybe he'll interview elsewhere now if he was thinking of following bill.

if steve b isn't gonna be the dc,then i'd be surprised if he stayed because it's kind of a demotion to work under last year's dl coach who didn't call the plays or coordinate the d. maybe he'll interview elsewhere now if he was thinking of following bill.
I think I saw somewhere he'd be the Asst. HC if he so choose to stay. It's good if he chose to stay, but if not....

I doubt he generates any interest. Teams seem to be going after ex-player coaches or non player coaches from the Shannahan/McVay systems. Steve is neither. There's also the whole thing about him being reticent to lead team meetings. That's why Bill paired him first w/ BFlo and then with Mayo. Steve may be smart and a good coach but he's weird AF.

5d864301e8868c5e5f195135252f5f97.jpg

thinking about this as someone way outside of knowing the team workings,i don't think either belichick should want to stay, nor should the team want them to. but i am sure stanger bedfellows than this have been made in the nfl.

thinking about this as someone way outside of knowing the team workings,i don't think either belichick should want to stay, nor should the team want them to. but i am sure stanger bedfellows than this have been made in the nfl.
I agree with you on this. If they do end up staying, it shows how open minded Mayo is and willing to listen and work with anyone, instead of surrounding himself with yes men. I think that's a good trait.

I doubt he generates any interest. Teams seem to be going after ex-player coaches or non player coaches from the Shannahan/McVay systems. Steve is neither. There's also the whole thing about him being reticent to lead team meetings. That's why Bill paired him first w/ BFlo and then with Mayo. Steve may be smart and a good coach but he's weird AF.
teams seem to be less locked into any one system or the "young up and coming" mentality with dcs than they are with ocs or hcs. i.e. fangio,schwartz,etc. though yes,youth overall seems to be a thing.

I agree with you on this. If they do end up staying, it shows how open minded Mayo is and willing to listen and work with anyone, instead of surrounding himself with yes men. I think that's a good trait.
mayo may also just be comfortable with them since he's worked with them a few years.

Mac is such an unknown, as I've mentioned I don't think he and zap can co-exist on this roster together especially with a new QB coming in (hopefully Daniels) we are going to have to get a vet in here anyway I'd imagine. It's just feeling like most of the candidates are going elsewhere.
I wouldn't say no to Drake Maye either (unless The Combine and Pro Day says otherwise).

I wouldn't say no to Drake Maye either (unless The Combine and Pro Day says otherwise).
Agreed neither would i. I believe it's safe to say we will have one of those top QB prospects

After Atlanta announced the Raheem Morris hire, the Belichick situation became a non-issue

I agree, he’s not going to be coaching this coming season. So there should be decisions coming fast this week.

Agreed neither would i. I believe it's safe to say we will have one of those top QB prospects
I agree and hope that you're right. At present, I would gravitate towards Maye. But whichever of the two that we ultimately draft, they need a solid OC and QB Coach (in addition to an offense and talent that gives either of them the ability to reach their potential and hopefully excel).

I would say it is guaranteed we can draft one of the three, I don't believe its guaranteed we'll have one. And I'd be disappointed if the team, at this early juncture, decided they were drafting whoever is there.

It all depends on the QB hire, I think Daniels is going to very system dependent, Maye I think has more system flexibility.

The Eagles have already hired Vic Fangio and Kellen Moore while Mayo is dragging his heels.

while Mayo is dragging his heels.

Maybe.....or it's his first time doing this so it takes longer, or he is interested in someone still involved in the playoffs so the process is longer, or maybe the job has been turned down, or maybe he got a "maybe" because candidates are weighing their options.

Bunch of options still open, and I'm sure we are near the bottom of the list.

The Eagles have already hired Vic Fangio and Kellen Moore while Mayo is dragging his heels.
Fangio was a given because of his family. Moore was surprisingly fast.

Nobody is dragging their feet. We know they've selected a DC and offered the ST coord. position but candidate chose to remain in ATL. They are being deliberate with the OC position.

I would say it is guaranteed we can draft one of the three, I don't believe its guaranteed we'll have one. And I'd be disappointed if the team, at this early juncture, decided they were drafting whoever is there.

It all depends on the QB hire, I think Daniels is going to very system dependent, Maye I think has more system flexibility.
All of the top prospects unless things change between now and April, that they likely stay where they are. I'm no draft expert obviously I'm just assuming. But I can't see us moving out the # 3 position we are primed to get a great player!

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back