PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which veteran will they add at CB?

Brick27

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
They’ve made some moves to address OT, is it seems fairly certain that a move will be made to add help at outside CB ahead of week 1. Having a year two guy facing uncertain legal issues that hasn’t looked great lately and a rookie, who while very talented and promising, has never played an NFL snap, is not enough for the cupboard. It’s a CB group that collectively on paper can’t afford a single injury.

As it stands with the current roster it suggests they may rotate Jon Jones outside even if everyone is healthy and use Marcus Jones to spare him inside in those circumstances.

Don’t have a great pulse around the league on who might be out there, but would think they’d atleast throw something at the wall. Least they could do even if it doesn’t stick.

Last edited:
I’d ideally like another outside CB, but Desmond King would be an excellent addition. He’s able to play nickel, FS & he also provides ST value as well. Former All-Pro. Cut/trade Bryant..

Last edited:
it seems fairly certain that a move will be made to add help at outside CB ahead of week 1
Not with Bryant still available is that certain no matter how much the fandom, including myself, want it to be so.

Not with Bryant still available is that certain no matter how much the fandom, including myself, want it to be so.
Sadly the decision making process up to this point looks that way. Bill apparently loves watching Bryant trail WRs by 5 yards, allow career days, and give up critical 3rd down catches.

I’d ideally like another outside CB, but Desmond King would be an excellent addition. He’s able to play nickel, FS & he also provides ST value as well. Former All-Pro. Cut/trade Bryant..

What does "nickel" mean in this sense? I understand it as a composition of players on the field, but am unaware of it as a specialized position.

Which veteran is available?

They’ve made some moves to address OT, is it seems fairly certain that a move will be made to add help at outside CB ahead of week 1. Having a year two guy facing uncertain legal issues that hasn’t looked great lately and a rookie, who while very talented and promising, has never played an NFL snap, is not enough for the cupboard. It’s a CB group that collectively on paper can’t afford a single injury.

As it stands with the current roster it suggests they may rotate Jon Jones outside even if everyone is healthy and use Marcus Jones to spare him inside in those circumstances.

Don’t have a great pulse around the league on who might be out there, but would think they’d atleast throw something at the wall. Least they could do even if it doesn’t stick.
Corners are fine.

It's true: Great minds do indeed think alike.

I wrote nearly the exact same thing in another thread.

What does "nickel" mean in this sense? I understand it as a composition of players on the field, but am unaware of it as a specialized position.

In this particular case it means the Slot position; at least I'm ass-uming it does.

I'm sure we'll know more by the end of today with final roster cuts. You have said it best.. we need a Veteran someone proven, someone who's had at least 5,6 years NFL experience. Jack I'm sure mentally he's dealing with alot.. however it's self inflicted... I'm sure that has to be bothering him mentally. Wich in turn affects his play on the field. He's a much better player than he's show this pre season. This season.. it has to be all about maximizing the young guys in what they do best.. gonzo is an outside Man corner.. he needs to excel in that area.. he was drafted to be able to man up and challenge teams #1s.. I believe he can as in the pre season I noticed QBs weren't throwing his way often. Nonetheless.. I hope BB doesn't bring in another bargain bin CB some 6th rounder, STs player with " potential ".. for outside CB.. we have enough of those guys already.. go after a Veteran somehow!

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back