PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You can pick one current NFL player for the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Peterson. Gronk and AP would be a hilarious, video game like combo.

I'd say Gronk and Johnson would be a better combo.

That would literally be unstoppable

Calvin Johnson or Richard Sherman.

JJ Watt or Earl Thomas

Jadaveon Clowney.

Andrew Luck...

Good call, but that could get very hairy pretty fast in the years Brady is still on the team. If that could somehow work, I might do that.

I wonder how many Patriots fans would actually take Andrew Luck now and say goodbye to Brady. Luck is 12 years younger. That would be an interesting poll to take.

Other than that, I'd probably take Megatron. Can't go wrong, except for the cap hit.

Good call, but that could get very hairy pretty fast in the years Brady is still on the team. If that could somehow work, I might do that.

I wonder how many Patriots fans would actually take Andrew Luck now and say goodbye to Brady. Luck is 12 years younger. That would be an interesting poll to take.

Other than that, I'd probably take Megatron. Can't go wrong, except for the cap hit.

What's wrong with the Andrew Luck idea is -- how much could one really trade Brady for, given the various practicalities, plus his age? It probably works out -- e.g., the Cardinals would presumably be willing to give Larry Fitzgerald and more, or the Texans Andre Johnson and a bunch more -- but it's not a slam dunk.

Calvin Johnson. And it's not even remotely close.

Sherman the ****.

Great thread, so many choices.

I know there would be better options like Calvin or Sherman, but how about this 4-3 LB core?

Mayo-Kuechly-Collins (Hightower depth)

Sherman the ****.

As hard as it is to believe, Sherman the **** might be not be a Seahawk in 2015. ..dunno. Seattle has some tough choices to make. Earl Thomas and Sherman the **** are both on rookie contracts that are up after 2014. Earl Thomas is the priority. I wouldn't mind Earl Thomas on my team, either. He could be the best player on the league's best defense.

I'm not really aware of the Seahawks' salary cap situation, but it may be hard to pay both those guys in the long-run. They'll both probably be asking for top money at their positions, and that ain't cheap. It'll be hard for them to keep that secondary intact.

I suppose they could tag Sherman after next year or something. Maybe they CAN keep him and Thomas. I really have no idea, but it's something to keep an eye on.

Andrew Luck is a great talent, but he throws picks at the worst possible times. Even though he's still a baby by NFLstandards, his impatience and poor judgement at times would concern me if I were a Colts fan. Of course,I'd rather be dead than be a Colts fan, but that's neither here nor there.

Andrew Luck is a great talent, but he throws picks at the worst possible times. Even though he's still a baby by NFLstandards, his impatience and poor judgement at times would concern me if I were a Colts fan. Of course,I'd rather be dead than be a Colts fan, but that's neither here nor there.

Andrew Luck can be extremely clutch, though. Dunno if you watched the games or just watched Sportscenter...or just root against him because he's a Colt. He's already brought a 2-win team to the playoffs in consecutive years and engineered the 2nd largest comeback in NFL history, which happened in the playoffs. Sure, he's made his mistakes too

Personally, I would gamble on Andrew Luck for a possible 14-15 year future than stick with Brady for another 2-3 years. Brady has a decade on Luck, so all things being equal, the Patriots would have Luck for that much longer. This is what the Colts did in essence with Peyton Manning, as you know...of course, there were the neck issues and everything, but the fact remains. I already know how you must feel about Manning, but that's not the main point.

Cannot beat a guy named luck with a horseshoe on his head though, really.

As a Bills fan, I would actually be more upset if the Patriots somehow got Andrew Luck than if Brady remained a Pat through the rest of his career. I would see no end in sight.

It's all hypothetical anyway, because it would NEVER happen. Hell, I might even get Aaron Rodgers instead if it meant 6 more years of elite or high-end QB play than what Brady would give. That would be a hell of a thing to do to Brady, though...if you can look past THAT.

Trust me as a Bills fan: It's a long way down after you lose your Hall of Fame quarterback...could be looking for the next one for decades or something. It's the most important position in all sports. To me, Luck has the ability and potential to take that gamble on.

The best choices (IMHO) have been made already in this thread (J.J. Watt is my #1 in this "draft"), but I will throw another couple names in the mix to keep this interesting: Geno Atkins and Patrick Peterson.

Andrew Luck can be extremely clutch, though. Dunno if you watched the games or just watched Sportscenter...or just root against him because he's a Colt. He's already brought a 2-win team to the playoffs in consecutive years and engineered the 2nd largest comeback in NFL history, which happened in the playoffs. Sure, he's made his mistakes too

Personally, I would gamble on Andrew Luck for a possible 14-15 year future than stick with Brady for another 2-3 years. Brady has a decade on Luck, so all things being equal, the Patriots would have Luck for that much longer. This is what the Colts did in essence with Peyton Manning, as you know...of course, there were the neck issues and everything, but the fact remains. I already know how you must feel about Manning, but that's not the main point.

Cannot beat a guy named luck with a horseshoe on his head though, really.

As a Bills fan, I would actually be more upset if the Patriots somehow got Andrew Luck than if Brady remained a Pat through the rest of his career. I would see no end in sight.

It's all hypothetical anyway, because it would NEVER happen. Hell, I might even get Aaron Rodgers instead if it meant 6 more years of elite or high-end QB play than what Brady would give. That would be a hell of a thing to do to Brady, though...if you can look past THAT.

Trust me as a Bills fan: It's a long way down after you lose your Hall of Fame quarterback...could be looking for the next one for decades or something. It's the most important position in all sports. To me, Luck has the ability and potential to take that gamble on.
The "long way down" for the Bills went way beyond losing your HOF QB. You have had arguably the worst owner, worst stadium, worst string of head coaches and worst roster since the early '90s. Now Meathead, before you go all ballistic on me, you know I like you (God knows why) so just sit back and embrace your team's 20 years of suckitude. Could be worse, you could be a fan of a team in a Gooberville city such as Indy.

Great thread, so many choices.

I know there would be better options like Calvin or Sherman, but how about this 4-3 LB core?

Mayo-Kuechly-Collins (Hightower depth)

Kuechly was the one I really pondered as well. With that lineup it would be next to impossible to hit screens for big gains.

A lot to pick from Calvin Johnson is the sexy pick, Watt is the popular one, but how about a linebacker that can cover? Hate seeing screens, conversions on third and long and I'd figure one of those San Fran linebackers would greatly help this team. Patrick Willis or Navarro Bowman

Earl Thomas. Best safety in the league bar none. Huge impact player, makes everything work in Seattle's scheme and secondary and the reason why their secondary is so good. We haven't had an elite safety since Rodney so that's the position I would choose to solidify.

JJ Watt! There's nothing like beating the stuffing out of an opposing QB, a covering safety is nice but they don't put the same fear into a QB nor cause the same disruption.

Earl Thomas. Best safety in the league bar none. Huge impact player, makes everything work in Seattle's scheme and secondary and the reason why their secondary is so good. We haven't had an elite safety since Rodney so that's the position I would choose to solidify.
McCourty does 95% of what Thomas does. There's almost no upgrade there.

The "long way down" for the Bills went way beyond losing your HOF QB. You have had arguably the worst owner, worst stadium, worst string of head coaches and worst roster since the early '90s. Now Meathead, before you go all ballistic on me, you know I like you (God knows why) so just sit back and embrace your team's 20 years of suckitude. Could be worse, you could be a fan of a team in a Gooberville city such as Indy.

owned_by_dreamhost.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back