PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac and the "It Factor"

Beethree

On the Roster
Reaction score
He's been playing well. Did not pull off the long-shot comebacks in weeks one or two, but not necessarily al his fault. He was the best quarterback on the field tonight (low, bar, but still). He made some big plays. But late in the game with the lead, they could not get a first down to seal the deal. I'd probably put a lot of that on conservative play calling, which proved successful.
I REALLY want to see a game winning drive, or a game winning play to extend a drive, or hell, some seemingly impossible heroics. He doesn't have to be Brady, and I think some of the anger he has within him, that comes off as petulance, could be tapped into, Feel that anger, Mac. He needs a touch of the Brady/Jordan thing. The Russell thing, the Lombardi thing. It's never too late to discover a chip on your shoulder.

Finally Eddie Andelman’s stupid and trite schtick Is relevant again, alllriiight!

IMG_0091.jpeg

First two weeks he put us in a position to win the game. He missed a couple throws in this game but overall played pretty well considering our lack of O line and WR talent, and the bad conditions against a top defense.

This is Mac's third OC in three years, but it is basically the same conservative guy that does not play loosely and freely. We have him for the rest of the season, let's hope he can settle in and make some plays.

Mac is a rookie pro bowler and he made the playoffs. QBs like him don't come around every week.

He will destroy the Cowboys next week.
Mac will lose his job to Zappe in week 5 because I like Zappe and he went 2-0 last season. Has a rocket arm too I saw it in the combine. The Bears game wasn’t his fault at all because he didn’t get to practice with the 1’s.

Brady didn't have the IT factor when he was playing here in 2019. Mahomes didn't have the IT factor when Kelce was out week 1 or when his line sucked in Super Bowl 55. Allen didn't have the IT factor before Diggs came to town.

I could go on and on, but the fact is, other guys need to do their job to complete these game finishing drives late. People just aren't being realistic about how talent devoid the offense is and how much of an issue it would be for anybody you could plug in at QB. It's been like this awhile. We had 2019 Brady, 2020 Cam, 2020 Stidham, 2020 Hoyer, 2021 Mac, 2022 Mac, 2022 Zappe, and 2023 Mac. All of them had pretty similar outcomes.

At the end of the day, this just isn't a winning offense. I'm fine if you want to get rid of Mac, but you should realize the next guy is being set up to fail in this same system and if Mac wasn't the problem and he succeeds somewhere else, some heads are going to roll.

What’s with these posters who have been members here for 17 years with like 60 to 70 posts showing up all of a sudden
I think the patience has worn thin. I'm not sure whose fault it is but they can't score. The defense is good but we really needed some type of speed on offense, a difference maker and we need a tackle but draft capital was wasted and then journey men were signed.

How many more games do we need to see before we realize the offense is not good. They were fully manned today

Mac will lose his job to Zappe in week 5 because I like Zappe and he went 2-0 last season. Has a rocket arm too I saw it in the combine. The Bears game wasn’t his fault at all because he didn’t get to practice with the 1’s.
Your boy Mac is punching guys in the nuts.

Word travels fast in the NFL His days are numbered.

Did you know your boy Zappy broke Joe Burrow’s collegiate passing TD record? Wow the Pats are lucky to have him! Future HOFer guaranteed. Rocket arm, as he proved in the combine. Did I forget to mention he went 2-0 last year? Never mind week 5 Mac will lose his job to the future GOAT Zappy by week 4! Book it.

I think the patience has worn thin. I'm not sure whose fault it is but they can't score. The defense is good but we really needed some type of speed on offense, a difference maker and we need a tackle but draft capital was wasted and then journey men were signed.

How many more games do we need to see before we realize the offense is not good. They were fully manned today

Yep. Hence my flip out earlier

Did you know your boy Zappy broke Joe Burrow’s collegiate passing TD record? Wow the Pats are lucky to have him! Future HOFer guaranteed. Rocket arm, as he proved in the combine. Did I forget to mention he went 2-0 last year? Never mind week 5 Mac will lose his job to the future GOAT Zappy by week 4! Book it.
Send in the clowns

He denied it and doesn't look like he did anything on the replay. He was on the ground face down when this supposedly happened.

Send in the clowns
Why are you downplaying Zappy breaking Joe Burrow’s collegiate passing TD record? Now that’s an accomplishment worth celebrating so I’m surprised you’re downplaying it. Don’t worry Mac will lose his job to Zappy the future GOAT, the guy who went 2-0 last season and who has the combine cannon arm by week 4. Put that in the bank.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back