PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Jones released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me beat everyone to it :

Oh, he's so big and strong, our locker can heal him, finally a tall target for Brady, he used to be a QB - let's go wildcat, blah blah, blah...

Least they would never go short on drugs if they signed him.

Definitely. Let's tie up some salary with a guy who couldn't hack it in Jacksonville, with its super-complicated offense and overbearing media. :snob:;)

Good luck to him. I don't want him anywhere near this team, but I hope he can find the strength to get his life back together. Who cares about football, this is all about a human being who clearly lost his way.

No, we don't want him.

Maybe we can get the Jets, Miami or Buffalo to sign him..

Good luck to him. I don't want him anywhere near this team, but I hope he can find the strength to get his life back together. Who cares about football, this is all about a human being who clearly lost his way.
Just shows the power that drugs and alcohol have over some people. Being suspended and on probation, knowing he will be randomly tested and that having a drink will cost him a long suspension and millions, and he just couldn't say, "No."

Talented guy. I hope he gets his life on track. Sometimes it takes a major life reversal to realize how serious a problem is.

Last edited:
Just shows the power that drugs laws and alcohol have over some people.

That's my take on it. I know he was on probation but it's a bit much to get cut for having a beer on the golf course. Sounds a lot more like a partier than a troubled addict to me. Obligatory "no I don't know the details of the man's usage."

That said, I don't think he can bring it on the field, so I don't want him on the Patriots. But our locker room wouldn't have any trouble with him - you're either on board or you're out.

Last edited:
He's just the kind of player BB covets: a multi-faceted talent who can't play QB, TE or WR at the pro level.

On the Jacksonville site, someone posted that the guy who paints the lines on the Jacksonville field is extremely happy that Jones is gone! Cruel Peeps out there!

I think it would be worth bringing him in for training camp and seeing how he does......at a vet min level of course.

Our locker room is strong enough to maybe put him back in line....if not....cut him......easy peasy.

I doubt there's any shot BB is looking at him, but I'd be fine with it. Remember, guys, Matt Jones has never hurt anyone but himself with his "crimes." The guy has a health/addiction problem. He hasn't killed anyone or paralyzed anyone.

But because of the suspensions, I doubt he's sporting the blue and silver anytime soon.

On the Jacksonville site, someone posted that the guy who paints the lines on the Jacksonville field is extremely happy that Jones is gone! Cruel Peeps out there!
but... but... if Jones was asked to walk straight along that line, the guy wouldn't need to repaint it afterwards.

I hardly recognize the Jags anymore. I remember when they used to win the division every offseason.

Last edited:
Just shows the power that drugs and alcohol have over some people. Being suspended and on probation, knowing he will be randomly tested and that having a drink will cost him a long suspension and millions, and he just couldn't say, "No."

Talented guy. I hope he gets his life on track. Sometimes it takes a major life reversal to realize how serious a problem is.

I highly doubt he's an alcoholic. A cocaine addict maybe (if even a former one), but not an alcoholic. He did what we all do when we golf... drink. Then he had the unfortunate circumstance of a urine test the next day which found it (random drug screenings are typical during probation).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents