PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF Early Game: Swamp Things versus Rustbuckets

Chiefs have 2SB, Steelers 6. Know too many Steelers’ fans to listen to that crap

My thinking as well, hope to stay tied with Pitt at 6 until Bill can rebuild this team and get our next QB. If Pitt doesn't win this year they have cap probs next year and Ben is nearing the end. I think we'd get back before they do provided we find our QB in the next couple years.

ROTFLMAO @ that. thanks for sharing. Passed out sleeping on the floor during Bush's speech...
and this:
“Mr. Riggins is still a social catch. I know one hostess who is entertaining him next week, and to make him more comfortable she is putting a sleeping bag on the floor next to his place card.” — Etiquette expert, to Buchwald

16-0 is incredibly difficult to do, even though they lost the SB, what that 2007 Pats team did was absolutely amazing, I don’t care what anyone says
16-0 regular season, only team to ever go 18-0 against tough competition (unlike what the Doofin did....they were only great team that year).....yeah I would say Pats should celebrate and recognize that....I know I do!

16-0 is incredibly difficult to do, even though they lost the SB, what that 2007 Pats team did was absolutely amazing, I don’t care what anyone says
That’s why I never had a problem with that banner when it was put up. This isn’t like an AFC Finalist banner. There have been 54 AFC finalists. Only one team has gone 16-0 and probably ever will.

Steelers couldn't go 2 yards in 4 plays. Heh. :)
These goal line stops are more common than dopes like Colinsworth would have us believe. I'll never forget that ***hole's comment that Lynch was 'borderline unstoppable' in short yardage plays when it was actually the opposite, all while ignoring what a great play Butler made.

I was gonna say before tonight I wouldn’t have minded a look at alex smith as a stopgap next year, but I think id rather have hoyer .
Although I'm happy for his recovery, I've never been a big fan of Alex Smith. He's still better than Hoyer though.

The Steelers have had an incredibly easy schedule too comparatively
Going by opponents' winning % it's the easiest in the league by a lot.

I want us to have it but I can accept the Chiefs. In the past I felt the need to always weigh in on other teams being better than us or Peyton vs Brady but none of that is needed because Mahomes is clearly the best right now. I would like to see how he functions without Tyree Hill, the cheetah, though.
Well that is a huge point… If you take Tyreek hill out of the equation on offense.....I would like to see how well they score especially in playoffs… As a matter fact when defenses have been able to limit or contain Hill this season....Mahomes struggles quite a bit…

I can’t hate on that. Say what you will about that franchise but I’ll never get tired of watching YouTube videos of that man run. Csonka was a BEAST.
I know I *****ed when they did it when we lost, but that was different, that was like someone died. Anyway... I get a charge out of the fact that these guys have made this a thing.

As much as I don't like the Steelers, I hate the Chiefs a lot. I don't want them to get the #1 seed, I do not want them back in the SB and winning back to back SB's.
I prefer Cleveland, Buffalo, Tennessee and Miami in that order. Normally I wouldn't pull for an NFC team but a TB, NO, Minny or Seattle win would be more acceptable than a Baltimore, Indy, KC or Pittsburgh win. The Raiders won't win because I put a 25 year curse on them in 2001.

@Rob0729 top four QBs Russell Wilson and Big Ben have looked so good this weekend.

You are really talking one week?

I didn't buy into Brady when he had those 4 and/or 5 TD games, when everyone was talking MVP for him and that he was still elite, which have been the exception and not the rule for him this year. I am not judging any QB based on one game.

Again, why is it so hard to accept that Brady has lost a step and he is no longer elite and he is now in the second tier of QBs and probably near the top. I don't think he can carry a bad team anymore like he did in 2006 and other years here. And he is struggling this year to carry a team with a lot of offensive weapons at times.

The guy is 43. That isn't a swipe on the guy. Most QBs even elite ones were either smart enough to retire before this age because they lost most or all of their skills or were embarrassing themselves trying to hold onto their past glory. Brady clearly isn't Brady of old. But he is still a top 5-10 QB. That is impressive. You take it as some kind of swipe at the guy.

It is funny. You gave me **** for "not admitting I was wrong" after Brady had a handful of games where he played at an elite level. But not that most of the season has played out and he has been mostly inconsistent, you are the one who seems desperate not to admit you were wrong.

You are really talking one week?
Nope. Wilson has had 5 straight average to below average weeks. You’d know that if you were actually watching the games... which you’ve already admitted you weren’t. Even still, you ranked him in your top 4. The last five weeks, he’s had 6 TDs and 5 INTs. Brady in the last 3 games alone has thrown for more TDs than Wilson has in his last 5. Definitely top 4 THOOOOOOOO.

I didn't buy into Brady when he had those 4 and/or 5 TD games, when everyone was talking MVP for him and that he was still elite, which have been the exception and not the rule for him this year. I am not judging any QB based on one game.

This makes the fact that you wanted to remove those games in your previous argument to make some kind of point all the more hilarious.

Again, why is it so hard to accept that Brady has lost a step and he is no longer elite and he is now in the second tier of QBs and probably near the top.

Because there’s absolutely no evidence of that whatsoever happening.

I don't think he can carry a bad team anymore like he did in 2006 and other years here.

He’s never been able to carry a bad team. The 2006 team didn’t win the Super Bowl. How did he “carry them” that year? You’ve also changed your tune quite a bit in the last 11 years...

And I quote...
I agree. No QB in history could win on his own. Even Manning and Brady need talent around him on either side of the ball to be contenders. If any QB could win on their own, it would be one of those two because they both will probably finish their careers in the top 3 of all time. But I still say neither one can pull it off.

That was in direct response to another poster saying the team still has questions they need to overcompensate for. And that’s true for this year’s Tampa team, too. They have question marks in their secondary and their coaching staff. Moreover, Brady has never been able to carry a bad team. Hell, he couldn’t even carry one of the most dominant teams we will see in our lifetime, the 2007 version, to a title. Finally, 2006 was not a “bad team” either. A bad receiving corps? Maybe. That’s probably why he threw for just over 3,500 yards, 24 TDS, and 12 INTs. Not a spectacular season by any stretch. So yeah, bad WR corps But not a bad team.

And he is struggling this year to carry a team with a lot of offensive weapons at times.

The guy is 43. That isn't a swipe on the guy. Most QBs even elite ones were either smart enough to retire before this age because they lost most or all of their skills or were embarrassing themselves trying to hold onto their past glory. Brady clearly isn't Brady of old. But he is still a top 5-10 QB. That is impressive. You take it as some kind of swipe at the guy.

The argument you jumped in on wasn’t about him being elite. It was about him playing at a high level. Two completely different things. He’s shown he’s still capable of elite play this season, though. No QB, aside from Mahomes, is playing elite ball every single week. Hell, you ranked Big Ben over Brady in your top 4 (LMFAO). How’s he been looking?

It is funny. You gave me **** for "not admitting I was wrong" after Brady had a handful of games where he played at an elite level. But not that most of the season has played out and he has been mostly inconsistent, you are the one who seems desperate not to admit you were wrong.

Meh. At least I won’t disappear into the ether like you did a few weeks back, if I am. I have no problem admitting I’m wrong. If I couldn’t admit being wrong, I’d be terrible at my job. Too many people depend on me recognizing being wrong and adjusting accordingly. Hell, I did it just yesterday in the Onwenu thread. Feel free to look it up. I just have to be sure I’m wrong. Right now, you’re not doing a very good job of proving that. When you need to remove games in order to show that a guy isn’t playing at his normal level, but can still only name four QBs better than him this year “before having to think about it,” that should tell you how bad your argument is.

Last edited:
Nope. Wilson has had 5 straight average to below average weeks. You’d know that if you were actually watching the games... which you’ve already admitted you weren’t. Even still, you ranked him in your top 4. The last five weeks, he’s had 6 TDs and 5 INTs. Brady in the last 3 games alone has thrown for more TDs than Wilson has in his last 5. Definitely top 4 THOOOOOOOO.

This makes the fact that you wanted to remove those games in your previous argument to make some kind of point all the more hilarious.

Because there’s absolutely no evidence of that whatsoever happening.

He’s never been able to carry a bad team. The 2006 team didn’t win the Super Bowl. How did he “carry them” that year? You’ve also changed your tune quite a bit in the last 11 years...

And I quote...

That was in direct response to another poster saying the team still has questions they need to overcompensate for. And that’s true for this year’s Tampa team, too. They have question marks in their secondary and their coaching staff. Moreover, Brady has never been able to carry a bad team. Hell, he couldn’t even carry one of the most dominant teams we will see in our lifetime, the 2007 version, to a title. Finally, 2006 was not a “bad team” either. A bad receiving corps? Maybe. That’s probably why he threw for just over 3,500 yards, 24 TDS, and 12 INTs. Not a spectacular season by any stretch. So yeah, bad WR corps But not a bad team.

The argument you jumped in on wasn’t about him being elite. It was about him playing at a high level. Two completely different things. He’s shown he’s still capable of elite play this season, though. No QB, aside from Mahomes, is playing elite ball every single week. Hell, you ranked Big Ben over Brady in your top 4 (LMFAO). How’s he been looking?

Meh. At least I won’t disappear into the ether like you did a few weeks back, if I am. I have no problem admitting I’m wrong. If I couldn’t admit being wrong, I’d be terrible at my job. Too many people depend on me recognizing being wrong and adjusting accordingly. Hell, I did it just yesterday in the Onwenu thread. Feel free to look it up. I just have to be sure I’m wrong. Right now, you’re not doing a very good job of proving that. When you need to remove games in order to show that a guy isn’t playing at his normal level, but can still only name four QBs better than him this year “before having to think about it,” that should tell you how bad your argument is.

Why do you keep on making the ridiculous argument of Brady not winning a Super Bowl to say he didn't carry that team? He brought a team that should have gone 6-10 or 8-8 based on the talent around him to one play away from going to and probably winning a Super Bowl.

And I don't know the context of the argument I made in 2009. But Brady didn't do it alone in 2006. But the Pats won a lot of close games and Brady was the difference in most of them.

And even if Mahommes is the only elite QB this year doesn't change the fact that there are a half dozen QBs (give or take) that have played better this year. Brady has been an elite QB for most of his career. If he isn't playing like an elite QB especially on a team where he has a lot of weapons, that means he has declined. Doesn't matter if there is only one elite QB in the league or five or six.

And again, I said Brady is in the top 5-7 QBs in the league. I named four that were better which would make him five which would make him in the top 5-7. I said there could be one or two more. Hence why he could be 6 or 7. DeSean Watson is better making Brady sixth in my book.

Just by the stats, Brady isn't in the top 5. He is eighth in yards, 4th in TDs, 4th in most INTs, 25th in completion percentage, and 14th in QB rating, 23rd in yards per attempt. Those do not scream top QB stats.

And I didn't "just disappear". If you noticed the last few years, I don't come here all that often anymore. I go months stretches where I don't post here. And I rarely post her more than one a week or a few times a month. I wouldn't have even responded to your last post if I took the time to see that the post was in a thread that was already dormant for days. That speaks to how often I am here.

And just because you can admit you are wrong about something else doesn't mean you can with this. You seem to be letting your feelings about Brady judge cloud your objectivity. I love Brady. I wish he was still an elite QB even if it was for the Bucs. I miss the guy, but don't blame him for leaving. But I said he was declining last year when he was still a Patriot. And I am not degrading the guy either. I think the fact that he is still playing a fairly high level at 43 is impressive.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back