PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Which team do you want to win this season?

Watching the joy of the Detroit fans reminds me of similar a couple of decades ago. Many reasons to root for them.
I don't care much otherwise as long as it isn't Pittsburgh, and I'm not worried about that.

I like the idea of the Lions winning. Reminds me of going from our laughingstock days to finally being on top; how can you not root for their fans to experience the same joy?

That said, I’ve always had a soft spot for the 49ers. When I was younger during our bad days, I “adopted” them as my team to root for during the playoffs since we were out. I loved their style and class during the Montana era and enjoyed how they had the proper succession plan with Seifort and Young. I like Shanahan and Lynch, so I would also be very happy to see them win it all. If any franchise should tie us and the Steelers with 6 SBs, I want it to be them.

And why is it the Lions?

So much drama going on here, we can almost forget there is a playoff thing happening.

Who are you supporting for championshinp run? Surely there is a preference in your hearts for one of the remaining teams.

Why the lions for me?... Never won before, first Playoff victory in 23 years, a QB that has a proven to have a winner mentality (he was discarded before, went to the wasteland and helped turned the team around) and a coach who, for all appereances, seem to be a genuinely good guy, strong defense and a team that was built from nothing. AND they have the same colours as ours, pretty much

Tell me, let's ignore all the noise surrounding the Pats, it's going to be a looooooong offseason, so let's start the change by being positives ourselves. But if you want to say who you least want to win, it's okay too.
Me personally I'd like to see the Ravens win. I like the QB in LJ, I love how they play the game and how they always seem to have a Tenacious Defense. I'd also like to dispell the notion that teams can't win with a running QB. As far as the lions I could very much see them in this year's NFC championship game. However I'd like to see Jackson get the play-off hump off his back.

metro goldwyn mayer lion GIF

does Jared Good remind anyone a little bit of Mac? Started out good, had a patch where it looked like he was on his way out of the league, and now seems to have found himself?

does Jared Good remind anyone a little bit of Mac? Started out good, had a patch where it looked like he was on his way out of the league, and now seems to have found himself?
Except when Goff played part-time as a rookie, Mac Jones' best effort has never even sniffed anything close to Jared Goff's worst year.

Goff's game in SB53 is right on brand for Jones.

Jared Goff never had a stretch where he was as bad as Mac. Mac really looks irreparably broken. That said, it would be a really nice story for Mac if he can go to another team and rebound to an ok QB.

1. Lions
2. Anyone but KC
3. Anyone but Buffalo
4. Anyone but the iggles

Lions for me also but i think it will be the Ravens.

Only time I could root for the ravens is against the chiefs....I'd root for Buffalo over patty cakes, too

Texans, Detroit both good stories.....I don't hate SF

I want Detroit or Houston, with a dark horse shoutout to Green Bay. I expect San Fran and Baltimore to be the last two standing, in which case it's the team not coached by Harbawl I'll be pulling for. Honestly, outside of the HC the Ratbirds are almost as likable as the Niners but Harbawl just eliminates them for me.

I'd like to think we can all agree Dallas getting bounced on Wildcard Weekend makes this a fairly successful playoff season already. America's team my ass

1. Lions. Have never even been in a SB or championship game. The coach is the most likeable and real in the league!

2. Buffalo- Losing 4 SBs in a row is beyond painful and dealing with 2 foot blizzards is as well

Buffalo versus Detroit would be great

Except when Goff played part-time as a rookie, Mac Jones' best effort has never even sniffed anything close to Jared Goff's worst year.
seemed like goff was pretty tightly controlled his super bowl year and it was mostly todd gurly. sorta like how Josh managed mac. But I can see your case.

Lions. i mean havent won anything. and the resurrection of Jared Goff is nice to see. when he was traded to detroit he was an afterthought. it was thought he would die there as detroit would just rebuild

now he actually looks like a competent QB leading them to a playoff win in 32 years..

The Bills.

I have always liked Josh Allen and he was my pick for QB in that draft. Plus, I met Jim Kelly at SB 39 and he was just a prince of a guy. Its time for Allen to win some big games and time for Buffalo to win an NFL World Championship after losing 4 straight.

No! You NEVER want a division rival to succeed at ANYTHING. If the Patriots aren't involved it should be an NFC team. I'd prefer Lions or 49ers.

Why is that a rule or something?

Well, it's MY rule. ;) I would hate to see another team in the Pats' division get a leg up on starting a dynasty.

Lions & Texans, then anybody but Baltimore & KC
THIS.

And just to add to the "never done it" options - I hate the Bills in general, but wouldn't hate for them to finally get one.
Especially because I think that team would fall apart after winning, and make it easier for us to win the division next year.

Close second to praying it's not BAL & KC - Steelers.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back