PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats QB Room in for 2024

Jimmy Garrapolo, Mac Jones, 1st round draft pick.

Stiddy via a Trade - 1st Round Draft Pick and Zappe.

Assume we're picking in the top 6 or 7 and need a minimum of 2 QBs in the 53.

Who is in your 2024 QB room?

(Let's not use this as another thread to bash Mac or Zappe - let's look ahead)
I think cousins is going to be made available. Cousins & 2024 Draft pick

If they aren't still trying to make Cunningham a WR...
Cummingham is a guy with raw athletic ability.. I'd absolutely love it if he developed into a QB that we could use.

I’m surprised Penix isn’t really on anyone’s radar. I wouldn’t mind they grab him then move back up at the bottom of the first and grab Odunze.

receivers are occasionally getting open, and Mac isn't finding them

let's not pretend our WRs are running gangbusters......multiple teams have talked about how they can simply lock us up man and load up inside

of course Indy realized they can do both......they rushed 4 all day, STILL got lots of pressure, and still bottled up our WRs

because this OL & these WRs are piss poor as unit
Receivers are getting open REGULARLY

They got pressure and “bottled up the receivers” because of the QB. Look at the play that BOB was upset about. It was a sack but receivers were open and he had time.
When the man pulling the trigger doesn’t understand what he is seeing, everyone looks bad.

I’m surprised Penix isn’t really on anyone’s radar. I wouldn’t mind they grab him then move back up at the bottom of the first and grab Odunze.
Penix has a bad injury record. Thought Nix was the better QB even though Oregon lost at Washington.

I don't want the Patriots starting a rookie QB with this OL/roster. They need to sign a vet or keep Mac for another year.

Surest way to ruin a young QB would be to throw them behind a shoddy OL throwing to the likes of juju/parker as they learn on the job
Let’s go with sign ANOTHER vet QB!!!!

Penix has a bad injury record. Thought Nix was the better QB even though Oregon lost at Washington.
Like Nix as well .. think he’s at his ceiling thou.

MY ideal scenario:

Stopgap vet/bridge: Cam Newton (he still is open to playing and there's influencers/bloggers on Twitter/X who realize he got more done with less in 2020).

Young qb: (the Eli manning/goff midseason replacement): Penix or Nix (I love watching Penix throw the ball and Nix is somewhat mobile)

3rd string: Grier/Cunningham

Mac gets traded to a team like the falcons/raiders or a team needing an heir apparent (ie Rams, Broncos) and he has a mid career resurgence/breakthrough like Tannehill/Alex Smith/Mayfield/Geno/Dobbs. I feel horrible that his tenure in NE is in jeopardy and wish they'd sign him a wr1/right tackle to help him return to rookie form but BB won't do it bc he never wanted him at 15 from day 1 (my theory) and Kraft is loath to spend on superstars (he and bill are in lockstep on that but for different reasons such as egos/power and business/profit margins).

MY ideal scenario:

Stopgap vet/bridge: Cam Newton (he still is open to playing and there's influencers/bloggers on Twitter/X who realize he got more done with less in 2020).

Young qb: (the Eli manning/goff midseason replacement): Penix or Nix (I love watching Penix throw the ball and Nix is somewhat mobile)

3rd string: Grier/Cunningham

Mac gets traded to a team like the falcons/raiders or a team needing an heir apparent (ie Rams, Broncos) and he has a mid career resurgence/breakthrough like Tannehill/Alex Smith/Mayfield/Geno/Dobbs. I feel horrible that his tenure in NE is in jeopardy and wish they'd sign him a wr1/right tackle to help him return to rookie form but BB won't do it bc he never wanted him at 15 from day 1 (my theory) and Kraft is loath to spend on superstars (he and bill are in lockstep on that but for different reasons such as egos/power and business/profit margins).

If Kraft is loath to spend on superstars on offense it doesn't matter what QB we draft or if we fire BB.

The team will remain in the gutter. Building the team going bargain basement shopping for jags is how we got here to begin with.

When other teams have legit talent and you are throwing out jags you will not compete in today's NFL

And your young QB will never develop.

I haven't watched enough of the QB's going into the draft, but it *seems* like there's a fairly wide gap from the top two to the rest. If we're not guaranteed one of those, assuming he's recovered well enough, I'd grab Kirk Cousins in Free Agency (I believe he's an unrestricted free agent after the season) and take Harrison Jr in the 1st round rather than a QB.

I'd keep Grier and I'd look at a mid/late round kid (or two) from the draft; Howard from K-State, purely based on physical tools and his numbers, and maybe even kick the can on DJ Uiagalelei to see if he has any of that Clemson juice still in him.

If none of that works out, we'll likely have a high pick again in 2025 so we roll the dice again.

Penix throwing motion is to long. He is 25 and had 2 acl surgeries. Also not very mobile.
Nice Day 3 candidate on a double dip.

no reason to get rid of Mac while he is on a rookie contract and BOB is OC abd Bill is HC.
Mac can help a rookie until the rookie is ready
I would think it would take a rookie almost a full season or until the team is eliminated from the playoffs
OMG keep Corky away from all rookies!

six feet isn’t enough to ensure protection against infection!

There’s plenty of reason to get rid of a bust before losing vibes are transmitted to the rest of the team.

If the Pats really want their own Lamar, forget Malik, and draft Jalen Milroe from Alabama in 2025 i.e. throwing needs work but has an absolute cannon and is an elite runner. Similar to Hurts but possibly a better passer at this stage (year 2 in college).
Ya but you gonna have to tank next year as well !! Kid is a beast ..

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back