PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Phil Simms and Jim Nantz sucked last night.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm how can I put this....

They were better than usual, yet still insufferable. Yep that's it.

I will watch the game on mute. I can't stand aikman.
Yea I can see him bringing up deflategate during the game, you know since he's a expert being a former qb and "will go to his grave saying Tom Brady did it". So not looking forward to that but hopefully he just proves me wrong and just calls the game like he's supposed to!

Fouts is the worst Patriot hater.. He literally gets on my nerves.

Phil Simms is a ok with me, simply because he's not Fouts.

Nantz I'm generally neutral on and maybe it was just the way I took it but in the post game ceremony when he said (paraphrasing) Patriot Nation you're going back to another Super Bowl, did he sound somewhere between resigned and depressed?

It will be interesting to see if Joe Buck can remain neutral in his call of the Super Bowl. His hyperbole about Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs was unreal. At least a half dozen times he made comments about Rodgers "doing things no other quarterback has ever done with his arm, legs and mind". I'm sorry Rodgers is a great quarterback but Steve Young, Cam Newton, Michael Vick, Roger Staubach, Fran Tarkenton.........the list is endless of scrambling quarterbacks who could out rush him. As far as scrambling to pass yes he's no doubt elite but again Young, Staubach, Newton, Elway and many others have done the things he's done. Then we get to being a pocket QB. Sorry but there's so many better than he is at reading a defense from the pocket. Brady, Montana, Manning, Marino.......I'm not saying he sucks but to intimate he's the best ever? No.

I think Aikman is Patriots neutral so hopefully he balances him off and to be fair Buck showed Ryan, who is better from the pocket than Rodgers, little love covering that game. Part of it might just be building up the NFC product since that's who they primarily cover but who knows.

Nantz I'm generally neutral on and maybe it was just the way I took it but in the post game ceremony when he said (paraphrasing) Patriot Nation you're going back to another Super Bowl, did he sound somewhere between resigned and depressed?

It will be interesting to see if Joe Buck can remain neutral in his call of the Super Bowl. His hyperbole about Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs was unreal. At least a half dozen times he made comments about Rodgers "doing things no other quarterback has ever done with his arm, legs and mind". I'm sorry Rodgers is a great quarterback but Steve Young, Cam Newton, Michael Vick, Roger Staubach, Fran Tarkenton.........the list is endless of scrambling quarterbacks who could out rush him. As far as scrambling to pass yes he's no doubt elite but again Young, Staubach, Newton, Elway and many others have done the things he's done. Then we get to being a pocket QB. Sorry but there's so many better than he is at reading a defense from the pocket. Brady, Montana, Manning, Marino.......I'm not saying he sucks but to intimate he's the best ever? No.

I think Aikman is Patriots neutral so hopefully he balances him off and to be fair Buck showed Ryan, who is better from the pocket than Rodgers, little love covering that game. Part of it might just be building up the NFC product since that's who they primarily cover but who knows.

I'm surprised Buck could even commentate this past couple of months without having his lips surgically removed from Aaron Rodgers ****

Aikman was strongly critical of the Patriots during deflategate, and if I remember correctly, flat out accused TFB of being a cheat.

He ditched his wife of 30 years after playing office with a thritysomething who he decided to marry so hes having an issue.
Well, his wife showed him because he has to pay her $76,000 a month in alimony for the rest of his life.

I can't understand why everyone in media can not be neutral anymore. Did anyone think that Keith Jackson, or even John Madden weren't neutral? I mean I can see when its their old team (for the color guys) then you are gong to get some homerism. But Buck is the king of ball washing for the guys he likes (I would have had to mute the Superbowl if the Pats were playing GB). I can't really think of a guy I would want to call a game. Al Michaels is still pretty good BUT he comes with Collinsworth, so that's a no go.

Honestly, I rather hear Rex Ryan in the booth. He is a bafoon, but he knows football and would be entertaining. Plus he wouldn't be a homer, because he was fired by both the Jets and Bills!

They are OK, but their explanation of what was going on during the challenge to the alleged fumble was awful.

Not looking forward to the SB broadcast crew.
They might be far worse.

Look, I want to join in on the fun but if I'm being honest I didn't think they were that bad.

As for the Tom Brady fumble/non fumble, I think the refs could have done a better job explaining that one. After all, I believe they said 'the ruling on the play STANDS' as opposed to 'after reviewing the play the call is CONFIRMED'. I know, subtle difference but CONFIRMED typically indicates that everything happened exactly as we originally called it. STANDS typically refers to 'we do not have enough replay evidence to suggest otherwise'. Obviously as a Pats fan I didn't care as long as we had the ball, but if I was Steelers fan I'd be interested to know if they still considered Brady 'down by contact' or if there was 'no clear fumble recovery'.

I may sound like an old fogey but I grew up with Curt Gowdy, Pat Summerall, Charlie Jones etc. They did express their views but it was football focus and didn't keep harping on the same issue over and over again.

Last edited:
Nantz used to be ok his his Pats hate shines through and just when i thought Simms couldn't get worse....he has.

Buck is ok but Aikman doesn't stfu and is a hater. Aikman doesn't provide any unique insight which is mind boggling.

I generally can tolerate Michaels and Collinsworth. Chris just talks too much and gets hyperbolic too easily. He generally has good insight on the offensive side of the ball but has a hot take on every 2 yard play that carries into the next play.

It's sad that Gannon, John Lynch, etc are a breath of fresh air.

I think Michaels and Collinsworth are the best. I'll always associate Michaels with the Butler call. Just like I'll always associate Summarrell with the Vinatieri FG to win SB 36. As for color analysts, I like Trent Green & Gannon.

Should make Harlan and Gannon the #1 team. Easily the best crew they have but it's clear as long as they are there Nantz and Gumbel will be 1 and 2. No clue how Eagle and Fouts are higher on the pecking order than Harlan and Gannon.

Hoping I can sync the Westwood One broadcast to the video because Harlan is calling it

I don't care much for their moronic commentary as much as their anti-Pats bias, especially that mother****er Nanz. I swear when I listen to that **** it makes me want to reach through the TV and choke that piece of ****. Every comment is anti-Pats.

Example: Brady completes a pass, and he immediately goes "Not sure if there was control when <insert player here> went out of bounds". Opponent throws a pass that ends up incomplete (passed legally and cleanly broke by Pats defense), he goes "<insert player here> is looking for a flag".

That piece of **** and the other set of SNF toolbags, Michaels and Collinsworth... I can't stand these morons. Gumbell is another Pats hater. :mad: **** them all!

Something that most people might not be aware of re Nance is that he's the founding member of the Tuckheads Club. After the Pats beat Oakland in the Snow Bowl he was the first to use the term Tuck Rule. He couldn't hide his butthurt and spent quite a bit of time whining immediately after the loss. For a moment I thought I was listening to Ben Dreith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back