PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schooler named All-Pro

UGAPatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Mildly surprising as he doesn’t seem particularly special to me. BUT…great news because we should be able to get 2 first round picks for him from Bill wherever he lands.

Special teams is one of those things where I think 99.9% of fans (myself included) don't actually know what makes a good ST play by an individual versus a bad one. They look at the returners, or the guy who makes an open field tackle, or recovers a muffed punt, etc. They also see the penalties or really obvious misses. But it's still 11 on 11, and the other guys are doing things we just don't really see. Seemed like Schooler had more of those visible negative plays this year, but this is a player vote, right? So the guys who actually had to face him seem to think he was pretty good outside of those.

Agree with the previous posters. I am quite surprised by this. Glad for him.

Also seems like a head case with all the scraps.
Yeah the whining to the refs and the hotheaded crap along with the penalties. I guess this is an NFL Players Association All Pro award voted on by the players and not the traditional All Pros handed out by the AP.

Didn't know you could be an All Pro without being a Pro Bowler.... interesting....

In 2022, he seem to be always near the ball, a lead on the play and featured on camera a lot. Barely noticed him this year.

In 2022, he seem to be always near the ball, a lead on the play and featured on camera a lot. Barely noticed him this year.

Special Teams in general this year have been pretty whack. Too many cooks I think.

Isn't All Pro voting next week or something?

I see it’s a player award…my bad. Article a bit misleading.

But yes, ST in general was abysmal this year.

All for that FG block? Lol

I dunno boys. Seems if your peers think you're pretty good, that's more important than a bunch of writers or what the fans think.

Didn't know you could be an All Pro without being a Pro Bowler.... interesting....
Marcus Jones was an All-Pro last year without being a Pro Bowler.

It's happened for Patriots in the past.

Rodney Harrison was an All-Pro but never made the Pro Bowl.

Yeah the whining to the refs and the hotheaded crap along with the penalties. I guess this is an NFL Players Association All Pro award voted on by the players and not the traditional All Pros handed out by the AP.
Yeah... doesn't do anything for me.. I'd rather have an ALL PRO QB...

Marcus Jones was an All-Pro last year without being a Pro Bowler.

It's happened for Patriots in the past.

Rodney Harrison was an All-Pro but never made the Pro Bowl.
Exactly. All PRO is what matters.. Mickey mouse can be voted to a pro bowl.

Dude is slightly psychotic. A tone setter. Sure, I hate the penalties just as much as anyone else but I’ll take it from a guy fighting everytime he’s on the field to make a play vs some jackass mailing it in. He just needs to get more seasoned so he can learn how to get away with it. They’ll deal with it this offseason. He’s no spring chicken, so enjoy him while you can. To be recognized by your peers like that is an honor. Good for him!

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back