PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac and the "It Factor"

I was fully prepared for a game ending pick or strip sack so I was pleasantly surprised but honestly I think that drive is an anomaly.
I was also of the same opinion ... And was pleasantly surprised we won...

I was also of the same opinion ... And was pleasantly surprised we won...
Winning is contagious I think Little Mac is going squish the fish. :cool:

It wasn’t like he was breathing fire all over the Buffalo defense. He got it done but I’m not applying scoring that touchdown to some incredible intangible or iron-will. I don’t even think with pieces he would be a horrendous quarterback, but I know he’s never going to win real games against real defenses so it’s time to keep looking.

If I was Kraft, I’d even be open to keeping him another year and using all our draft capital to Bill Parcells up the rest of the team in anticipation of our next quarterback in 2025, but I’m not interested in watching Mac Jones play here for an extended contract.

I’m excited that Mac finally got his win that everyone says he could never get. What’s the buzzword being thrown around everywhere? I am also happy that he stepped up and let it sling on many occasions. A lot less of that throwing off his back foot or while running around like he’s Mahomes. He was incredibly accurate and decisive. However, I’m not willing to forget that he tried to turn the ball over not once but twice and seemed to vapor lock on quite a few plays. There’s just something wrong with the kids head. The temper tantrums, the breathing exercises, the way he folds or panics. Sometimes it works out and many times it doesn’t. Maybe it’ll calm down as he gets older and he’ll become a great qb at that time, or at the very least be a guy you can make a run with. The question is whether folks are willing to wait that long. I’m not but I don’t call the shots.

I’m excited that Mac finally got his win that everyone says he could never get. What’s the buzzword being thrown around everywhere? I am also happy that he stepped up and let it sling on many occasions. A lot less of that throwing off his back foot or while running around like he’s Mahomes. He was incredibly accurate and decisive. However, I’m not willing to forget that he tried to turn the ball over not once but twice and seemed to vapor lock on quite a few plays. There’s just something wrong with the kids head. The temper tantrums, the breathing exercises, the way he folds or panics. Sometimes it works out and many times it doesn’t. Maybe it’ll calm down as he gets older and he’ll become a great qb at that time, or at the very least be a guy you can make a run with. The question is whether folks are willing to wait that long. I’m not but I don’t call the shots.
I felt that OCBOB did a good job calling the plays motions and very good blocking all around that's what a very Good OC is expected to do.

Mac Jones never developed the anticipation needed to overcome his lack of arm talent. A great defense will always break him.
Mac was billed as the guy who was physically limited but made up for it with anticipation, good pocket awareness, and good under pressure. He really hasn't done any of those things consistently and his lack of arm strength is highlighted when he has to throw off-platform. Sunday he played his best game all season and he still was sensing pressure that wasn't there and was sloppy with the delay of game penalties. I don’t think he is anywhere near as bad as some people think and anywhere near as good as some of his defenders claim but I don’t think he will ever be able to be the guy here without a major investment in the offense.

It wasn’t like he was breathing fire all over the Buffalo defense. He got it done but I’m not applying scoring that touchdown to some incredible intangible or iron-will. I don’t even think with pieces he would be a horrendous quarterback, but I know he’s never going to win real games against real defenses so it’s time to keep looking.

If I was Kraft, I’d even be open to keeping him another year and using all our draft capital to Bill Parcells up the rest of the team in anticipation of our next quarterback in 2025, but I’m not interested in watching Mac Jones play here for an extended contract.

to be fair the biggest knock on this board was he couldn't lead a comeback win. now he does and the goalposts move again. his comeback "wasnt good enough". Just admit he had a good game. its OK. he lead a comeback in 2 minutes for a TD and win situation with no timeouts.

why some fans just can't even admit to a good game is beyond me.

I think fans greatly over-estimate how easy it is to get a QB who even can play serviceable football. I keep hearing "draft our QB of the future" as if its an exact science or easy. the mac draft was supposed to be generational and all look mediocre or like busts. trey lance barely played a snap for the niners and it ended up being the last pick in the draft. Jets have been drafting top round QB's for years.

I like the niners/KC/eagles with Jimmy G/Alex smith/wentz IF (and thats a big if) Mac can be that sort of guy. keep building the offense, win games and keep drafting. maybe you'll hit on an elite guy eventually. Or maybe you wont, but last thing i want to watch is games like I did against the saints/cowboys

Wow.... Can't be coincidence I guess . Something gotta give.

What if we are all barking the wrong tree... We all would be mad if Mac tears it up elsewhere if we trade him.

Let's hope we have another upset win this week .

Wow.... Can't be coincidence I guess . Something gotta give.

What if we are all barking the wrong tree... We all would be mad if Mac tears it up elsewhere if we trade him.

Let's hope we have another upset win this week .

I think it's pretty clear that the OL is the biggest issue this season. lack of weapons/playmakers is second. just that alot of fans don't want to admit that for whatever reason. Onewu over Lowe and more bourne/Douglas was biggest difference against the Bills. it seems too simple. but sometimes it really can be that simple. an extra second for the QB or a WR who can get open just that much quicker/make a quicker cut

that doesn't take away from Mac imploding and making huge mental errors when the OL is in shambles though....but it does show that if the OL is stable Mac can be serviceable and we can win games with that.

I think it's pretty clear that the OL is the biggest issue this season. lack of weapons/playmakers is second. just that alot of fans don't want to admit that for whatever reason. Onewu over Lowe and more bourne/Douglas was biggest difference against the Bills. it seems too simple. but sometimes it really can be that simple. an extra second for the QB or a WR who can get open just that much quicker/make a quicker cut

that doesn't take away from Mac imploding and making huge mental errors when the OL is in shambles though....but it does show that if the OL is stable Mac can be serviceable and we can win games with that.

Onwenu over Lowe and Strange over Mafi.

We thought Cam was the bridge QB from Brady. Maybe the real bridge is Mac. A serviceable guy that gets the snaps until the young gun is ready. Time will tell.

Whatever Mac does I expect the team to keep drafting QB's no matter what just like they did when Brady was here.

We thought Cam was the bridge QB from Brady. Maybe the real bridge is Mac. A serviceable guy that gets the snaps until the young gun is ready. Time will tell.

Whatever Mac does I expect the team to keep drafting QB's no matter what just like they did when Brady was here.
I wouldn't be opposed to that.
Draft a QB and let them ready with Mac starting in the meantime

It's sort of a binary decision to me. I don't think Mac Jones will ever win a Super Bowl, therefore I would just as well get rid of him as soon as possible and start again
In the end of the day it really is that simple. "Is this guy capable of winning a Super Bowl under the right circumstances?" I don't believe Mac is.

It's sort of a binary decision to me. I don't think Mac Jones will ever win a Super Bowl, therefore I would just as well get rid of him as soon as possible and start again

Such a poor way to build a team..will end up having a lot of bad seasons and decent QBs let go. Keep drafting. But no need to dump the guy you have for not being elite unless you know the guy you drafted is ready or the guy or better.

I like San Fran/KC way better. Guys competed for years with barely any downtime until they found "their guy"

Such a poor way to build a team..will end up having a lot of bad seasons and decent QBs let go. Keep drafting. But no need to dump the guy you have for not being elite unless you know the guy you drafted is ready or the guy or better.

I like San Fran/KC way better. Guys competed for years with barely any downtime until they found "their guy"
I think if a quarterback seems decent and the team isn't sure, then yeah, keep him while you figure out what you have. But I think once the determination is made that the guy won't win the Super Bowl, move on. I'm not interested in a ceiling of 10 wins and maybe a playoff victory someday. YMMV

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back