PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac and the "It Factor"

Good to see you on here. ;)

I liked how mad he got on the sneak after he got slammed down, along with the fact that he didn’t want to come off the field on that 4th down. Seemed like he was ready to rip it and I also wanted to see it, so I was disappointed they punted there.

Would love to see him hopefully have a big game indoors in Dallas next week. Looking forward to seeing how they handle it. :)
We got robbed in the Dome @ Minnesota last year one of Mac's best games. Let him loose BOB can't play conservative on the Road. Really hope Boutte shows something in practice this week we need him active.

5th game in video. Meyers flopping to the ground immediately after the catch at mid field to avoid YAC, on 4th down for the last play of the game against the Vikings, with no one around him when he caught it, lessened the sting of JJSS.

Dude looked like he was trying to somehow make himself even more "down" as the defender got there, as if sinking into the ground more would somehow stop the clock. Tirico even said something like "you can't just go down to kill the clock with no time outs".

Meyers was a dumbass who should be nowhere near the ball on the last play of a close game.

Last edited:
We got robbed in the Dome @ Minnesota last year one of Mac's best games. Let him loose BOB can't play conservative on the Road. Really hope Boutte shows something in practice this week we need him active.
I also remember kneeling out the first half against the Cowboys (think 2021) with like 1 minute and multiple timeouts left. No attempt at points at all. Then losing in OT.

Mac has been screwed out of wins by coaching, his teammates, and very often himself.

Wow, when you see it all like this, it is unfair to criticize Mac. We have made some dumb plays as a team. What the **** was Meyers thinking with that lateral? Some of the fumbles are just unbelievable watching now. How did I endure so much and not remember them vividly. I guess the mind tries to protect us lol.

5th game in video. Meyers flopping to the ground immediately after the catch at mid field to avoid YAC, on 4th down for the last play of the game against the Vikings, with no one around him when he caught it, lessened the sting of JJSS.

Dude looked like he was trying to somehow make himself even more "down" as the defender got there, as if sinking into the ground more would somehow stop the clock. Tirico even said something like "you can't just go down to kill the clock with no time outs".

Meyers was a dumbass who should be nowhere near the ball on the last play of a close game.
This is not a Meyers thread but I could not resist. It was like he loses his mind when situational football is required. I don’t miss him. He can set the world on fire with TDs and I will not second guess the decision to let him walk.
I like the team we have, the nice thing is that this team knows they are good and it will start to come together soon.

This is not a Meyers thread but I could not resist. It was like he loses his mind when situational football is required. I don’t miss him. He can set the world on fire with TDs and I will not second guess the decision to let him walk.
I like the team we have, the nice thing is that this team knows they are good and it will start to come together soon.
With better decisions by the team overall we wouldn't have this does Mac have it thread. I think he's capable, but he needs the team to help him just as any QB would.

thats a great compilation.. proof that Mac has had moments, but it takes everyone to step up to the occassion and make plays to win games. He's given players lots of opportunity to make plays this year and very rarely has someone delivered

That raiders lateral lol.. that play likely cost us the playoffs, which is probly why Jacoby isnt on the team anymore

thats a great compilation.. proof that Mac has had moments, but it takes everyone to step up to the occassion and make plays to win games. He's given players lots of opportunity to make plays this year and very rarely has someone delivered

That raiders lateral lol.. that play likely cost us the playoffs, which is probly why Jacoby isnt on the team anymore
When is Thornton eligible to come back.

I'm still on the fence about whether Mac could be a guy that wins you a Super Bowl, however-

The 2007 Patriots scored just 14 points when "IT" mattered.

A good or bad O line is really almost as important as having your franchise guy and WR1. We had prime Brady, Moss and Welker and when the O line got dominated "IT factor" just didn't matter.

Brady showed "it" the first year he played. I knew right away he was special. With Mac I was hopefull but not convinced in his first year. Subsequently, with a better sample size I'd say Mac's a better than average quarterback and he's got some."it" in him but There's "it" and then there's "IT".

Last edited:
Brady showed "it" the first year he played. I knew right away he was special. With Mac I was hopefull but not convinced in his first year. Subsequently, with a better sample size I'd say Mac's a better than average quarterback and he's got some."it" in him but There's "it" and then theirs "IT".
Jones is a bust.

There is no it and he is not worth a new contract.

Mac is not a very good QB, period. He does not throw with anticipation. His accuracy is inconsistent. He does not read the blitz well and as a result is poor at setting protections. He leaves so many plays on the field each and every game.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back