PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac and the "It Factor"

Yeah purdy throwing to aiyuk, deebo, kittle, McCaffrey is the same as Mac throwing to Bourne, juju, Parker , Henry.

Their receivers get open within 2 seconds , ours don't . Their pass protection is better so there is lots of motion. W eare second worst ranked so there is 0 motion.

What does this mean. Our opposing defense know for 80% certainty what our play calling is. How does that impact your QB. Well he is pressured more and needs to throw short passes hoping to get some YAC after catch which is also not happening.

I am sure your opinion could be right some day or some days or eventually in future. But now pinning blame on Mac is nothing but trying to stick to personal opinion without facts and context.

We need to Get Thornton on the field Douglas more involved we need to get JU JU off the field this is looking like maybe our worst wr signing to date.
Bourne is fine he’s balling, and Parker looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.
I would love to add a receiving back who has some Wheels like Dion Lewis or Kevin Faulk or for god sakes the next Danny Woodhead.
Stephenson has to be hurt right now he’s running so timid.
Keep feeding Zeke til Dre gets right.

We need to Get Thornton on the field Douglas more involved we need to get JU JU off the field this is looking like maybe our worst wr signing to date.
Feels like Douglas and Mac don't quite have the timing down yet.
I would love to add a receiving back who has some Wheels like Dion Lewis or Kevin Faulk or for god sakes the next Danny Woodhead.
I'm surprised we haven't seen more of Montgomery in that role. Seemed like they used him a lot for that in previous camps and more as a shifty WR in this camp. I know he's got injury issues and some posters want to move on, but if the coaches like him, I'm not sure why they haven't used him.

What do they have to do with the Pats?
Lol, I’ll give credit where credit is do to @Triumph
Haters Avoid GIF

Feels like Douglas and Mac don't quite have the timing down yet.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more of Montgomery in that role. Seemed like they used him a lot for that in previous camps and more as a shifty WR in this camp. I know he's got injury issues and some posters want to move on, but if the coaches like him, I'm not sure why they haven't used him.
I read shifty without the f, and with double t's. I actually did lol. Carry on;)

What do they have to do with the Pats?
Indicates (a) that your definition of "bust" is so broad as to be useless and (b) spending another 1st round pick likely won't result in a better QB than Mac

Indicates (a) that your definition of "bust" is so broad as to be useless and (b) spending another 1st round pick likely won't result in a better QB than Mac
Triumph believes Zappe is a good QB and better than Mac Jones and he should start.

Lol. Lol. Lolol.

Nothing further needs to be said.

Your hate has you verging on vapidity. Who else claims Mac lacks anticipation and accuracy? He has a lot to prove, but accuracy and anticipation are widely recognized as his strengths.
Corky lacks anticipation and accuracy on LONG PASSES.

NOT dink and dunk short safe passes.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Tom Curran last night on this very topic:

"Look, if you don't have guys who are extremely fast and elusive, the best way to get them open is to have a lot of time," said Curran. "Now, Ben Roethlisberger profited from that, even though he had a very good Steelers offensive line because he was built like a sequoia, and he could stand there and have people bounce off him. Mac isn't that, so he'll need that protection."

"But I could see, if the development of the offensive line continues and they get more time for him, where he can survey and make some throws. Because one thing about him is he is so friggin accurate. His anticipation is so absurd that you do have something there."

Obviously, that's based on a lot of film review and they then referred to this play as one example:

I'll point out after taking another look for those who talk about the second half, Jones only had 11 attempts (4/7 39yds in the 3rd QTR, 2/4 in the 4th QTR). They ran the ball 24 times.

People talk about the kid like he's Zach Wilson, or worse. I just don't get it. There's still at least a possibility they could go on a run with him at some point and potentially be in the mix. Yet, there are a lot of teams right now in this league who certainly don't have anyone to make them feel that way. So clearly, it could be much worse.

He is definitely NOT Zach Wilson but he is also Not Tua Tagliavola abd does not have similar skills as Tua.
Even if Mac had same weapons as Tua, he would not be nearly as good
Tua is much more mobile, quicker release, better runner, stronger arm

No

Whenever Jones faces criticism the battle plan is to point to somebody worse.

When you get your "Save Mac" crystal ball up and running again please share with us who the Pats drafted at QB in 2024.

You are same people that were in the Bledsoe fan club that went belly up.

He is definitely NOT Zach Wilson but he is also Not Tua Tagliavola abd does not have similar skills as Tua.

What??

He took over from Tua at Alabama with slightly worse weapons and performed at least as well. Almost an A/B test.

Club Corky is at this point delusional in their hatred.

When you get your "Save Mac" crystal ball up and running again please share with us who the Pats drafted at QB in 2024.

Wow! Mind reading and fortune telling in one short post.

You dark tetrad types could have better timing with your gloating and taunting.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
No

Whenever Jones faces criticism the battle plan is to point to somebody worse.
As I said, Mac has proven nothing special yet.

But calling him a bust is laughable especially when compared to the rest of his class.

And many even refuse to label Wilson, Fields, and Lance busts yet.

There are also those who are part of the “anybody but Mac” club. Yet I’ve yet to hear any viable options. That would at least give us something else to talk about.

There are also those who are part of the “anybody but Mac” club. Yet I’ve yet to hear any viable options. That would at least give us something else to talk about.
I love the assumption that we can just throw Mac aside and draft someone who is better than him. Like it’s that easy and teams really don’t go years and decades without their franchise QB like they do.

brainlet-titanic-brain-thumbnail.png

I love the assumption that we can just throw Mac aside and draft someone who is better than him. Like it’s that easy and teams really don’t go years and decades without their franchise QB like they do.
That and trading for one, which no team who has a good one is going to be willing to do. I just don’t understand a way to reach a solution.

Every person will have various things you will/won’t like unless you get insanely lucky like we did. But even early round QBs are a crapshoot. Look at the Bears with Trubisky and who they passed on that year. You literally just never know and you typically waste years figuring it out.

Unless you’re Arizona. That’s the first and only time I’ve ever seen a team drop a top QB that fast…that was crazy.

But, either way, Mac has shown enough where we’ll hopefully feel like we know one way or another 14 weeks (+bye) from now. If it’s bad, I’m not going to be excited about starting over.

I don't subscribe to that. You can not like a situation or person and not have a viable alternative to it/them.

Reactions: Ian

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back