PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac and the "It Factor"

Besides Tyreek Hill, Waddle and an OL that is playing lights out, what strengths are those?
He will never respond. He is a trolling moron who knows nothing about the game

Tua understands his offense well, he hits the small, quick windows very well ....he executes within that offense very well

Disrupt his timing, apply a little pressure, make him go deeper into his progressions, and he very much struggles.....he isn't the best QB in the game, by far, he's in an offense that maximizes his skillset

People.also never respond when I ask what QB is going to excel with our current NFL roster.
They are whiny no nothing ****ies

Obviously surrounding cast matters, but some fans don't want to admit that the gulf in performance between Mac and Tua right now is absurdly large and likely bigger than the difference in receiving talent around them. It's not like Tua's performing at a slightly higher level, he's been the best QB in football by a mile and Mac has been the 15th-22nd best QB in football.

As for what Tua does that makes him a better fit for NFL offenses, he's a much better anticipatory passer and is more precise with his ball location. He puts the ball in places that maximize YAC consistently and more often than Mac.
Really? Why didn't this huge difference show up at Alabama when Mac did at least as well with WR's not quite as good?

If Tua improved as a passer independently of the addition of his lite receivers -- possible but unlikely -- then why can't Mac?

But Occam's Razer suggests having two elite WR's is what's making the difference.

I really want Mac to succeed but whenever there’s a close up of him, I see scared eyes.

This team needs to trade up in the draft coz this kid is not good.

I’m looking forward to the statistical analysis which demonstrates that gee, you know, when you look at it this way, Mac played really well against Dallas….

Mac is God-awful today, let's see is Zappe can do better. I'd like to see Monty some day.

Mac's mechanics are still awful. Unless you've got Mahomes or Favre arm strength and athletic ability you can't be throwing flat footed and without moving your feet with proper technique. The worst part is you could see in his eyes he quit today. He didn't want to be out there any longer. I've been in the middle on him wanting more supporting talent but it's time to get the next guy.

People.also never respond when I ask what QB is going to excel with our current NFL roster.
"Excel", probably not, but put Mahomes back there and we could feasibly be 3-1 after this game, having pulled out the 2 first games in which we had a puncher's chance in the 4th. Not a knock on Mac, but there is such a thing as an elite QB that just makes the entire Offense better. In Mac's defense, and perhaps to your point, put him on the Dophins and he'd be looking pretty good.

Yeah dudes is terrible. Aint moving any needles, who would you take mac over in the NFL compared to everyones starter? Zach Wilson? we gotta rip the band aid off at this point

Mac just doesn't have the fire in his gut that TB did. He is a mediocre athlete who might make a decent #2 QB. If Josh flames out in LV, as it looks like he will, get him back as OC and elevate BOB to HC. Then get someone who knows how to draft solid players. I think BB is a dinosaur and the NFL has moved on. He had a great career but his time is up.

I’m looking forward to the statistical analysis which demonstrates that gee, you know, when you look at it this way, Mac played really well against Dallas….
Even having exposed Stats students to snippets of "How to Lie with Statistics" I would not be able to put a decent spin on that stat line.

Put SH in front of the “it factor” and that describes the situation

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back